Almost all of the Invasion spoiler is up!!!

M

mogg bomber

If you go to where the blue and white spoiler was before, http://www.mag2.cjb.net/invasion2.htm, and go to the bottom of the page and click next, you can find the red,black,green, and artifact spoilers. Some highlights:

5 color green may be possible again!!!:

Utopia Tree
1 G
Creature - Plant
Gary Ruddell
219/350
0/2
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

Nomadic Elf
1 G
Creature - Elf
D. J. Cleland-Hura
200/350
2/2
1G: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

A saproling lord(for Verdant Force?):

Verdeloth the Ancient
4 G G
Creature - Treefolk Legend
Daren Bader
220/350
4/7
Kicker X (You may pay an additional X as you play this spell.)
All other Treefolk and all Saprolings get +1/+1.
When Verdeloth the Ancient comes into play, if you paid the kicker cost, put X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens into play.

A new Maro(with Dakkon Blackblade's ability:D):

Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
4 G G G
Creature - Legend
Mark Zug
199/350
*/*
Trample
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer's power and toughness are each equal to the number of lands you control.

The return of Living Death:

Twilight's Call
4 B B
Sorcery
Mark Romanoski
130/350
You may play Twilight's Call any time you could play an instant if you pay 2 more to play it.
Each player returns all creature cards from his or her graveyard to play.

And lots more too!!!(Including several more very,very good uncounterable cards:D:D)

N

NeuroDeus

Well... It maybe up but...its being dupped as a PURE FAKE

And the Utopia Tree... why Creature - Plant that's stupid... Creature - Treefolk or Tree would be better... a rebel is also on the spoiler VERY UNUSUAL SINCE NO REBELS IN INVASION

D

DÛke

That has got to be fake!
Look at the black cards!
Where the heck are the good stuff at!
Where's the discard at?
This spoiler is fake.
It has to be...

M

mogg bomber

I *seriously* doubt that this spoiler is fake. Why? Because it contains all of the confirmed cards(from Topdeck's rumors) such as the Demonic Tutor artifact,etc. and if it is fake, someone went through a whole lot of time just making this look as authentic as possible.

D

DÛke

...then I'm pretty mad now.
Where are all the good cards at?
For Black, I mean! Just look at some of those Uncommons!
Blue and White did well, but Black, my favorite color!

**Cries out loud**

N

Namielus

This has to be a fake cause of they this card will give any blue deck the game agaisnt a creature deck

Wash Out
3 U
Sorcery
Matthew D. Wilson
87/350
Return all permanents of the color of your choice to their owners' hands.

Wash out is WAY WAY overpowered, unless your playing mono blue control agaisnt wash out (note that mono blue control will be killed off in this set) your dead.

H

Hetemti

Do or Die is frikkin insane. Two mana to kill half my opponent's critters? So what if they get to choose which. It's still crazy.

Furthermore, there is no Big Red Dragon and there is only one Viashino, the grappler. COME ON! Viashinos kick ass! I want a Viashino legend...well, actually another one...I allready have Zirilan and Hivvis...but...MORE!

At least red got one card that hates White/Blue...of course, White and Blue got seventeen f'in hosers, but that doesn't matter...

[Edited by Hetemti on September 17th, 2000 at 05:02 PM]

D

DÛke

Good point Namielus!
Oh, and Wash Out is only an Uncommon!
This is too broken to be true.

N

Namielus

I just over looked the rest of the cards and there is no, I repeat NO multicolor casting cost cards. Its just a fake, and the whole Mag2 site looks very questoinable

[Edited by Namielus on September 17th, 2000 at 05:06 PM]

G

Gerode

I also noticed a Rebel on the White spoiler, and many of the cards seem either too good or too inconsistent with other cards. There seems to be quite a few creatures (at least in white) compared to Instants and Sorceries. The website has not been updated for probably a month (July/August issue) except for the spoiler, and a lot of the site's other content seems superficial. I believe it was simply a stunt to gain publicity to this e-zine. Has anyone ever heard of Mag2 before?

M

mogg bomber

Namielus, obviously I said it was almost all up. If look at the card numbers, the multicolor cards,lands,and "others" aren't listed(What are these others you ask? Well,for right now they're just a theroy, but one with lots of evidence to back it up. Remember the second uncut Invasion sheet? The one with that weird "double" card? Remember when MaRo said an Unglued mechanic was in Invasion? Remember in Topdeck where it said that another new mechanic(besides kicker) was in Invasion that would totally change the game? Did you notice how the card numbers are set up in the spoiler, so there is plenty of room left for some oddities like these? I rest my case.)
BTW, there isn't any card on this spoiler which sticks out as broken to me, except maybe Fact or Fiction. Wash Out is good, but not broken. It simply helps to encourage multicolor decks. Do or Die is also good, but only broken in Limited, which is why it's a rare.

N

NeuroDeus

Reasons why it think this is STRICTLY FAKE

1) Why would WoTC give the spoiler or even a crap guy like me to the Mag2 never heard of page. It's on CJB address and on a Crosswinds Free Space server. If I had the spoiler I would give it to MTGnews.com

2) Rebels and Mercs where a creature type for the Mercidian Block only. Maybe they decided to put this new guy but it smells suspicion.

3) Djinns are not for white as well as Giants (red only).

4) Mana Maze defies the laws of the stack... (blue spell). It says "Players can't play spells that share a color with the spell last played this turn." Will WoTC destroy the fast effect ruling? Another thing. A blue deck against Mana Maze is so good... I put down a creature, cannot be countered...

N

NeuroDeus

Also Wash Out (crap name for a card) is not broken it is
SUPER SUPER SUPER BROKEN

N

nodnarb24

I think it is real. If it isn't they went through a lot of trouble to confirm with topdeck and what maro said.

D

dw51688

I can't waut. I am saving up money for my "Invasion account" I'm abouve thirty now. Forgot the exact number though. Young 'uns don't get much money. I wish I could get a job, but I'm not legal age. I love to work but I can't because of my age. Dang.

H

Hetemti

Since "played" is now the same as announced, it means you can't Counterspell a blue spell or anything like that...what's more important is what about the mirror match? I cast Mana Maze. We're both playing blue, no more spells from here on. :mad:

I was at $63 in my account, but dropped to 30-something. Spent it all on those "relic" rares for ten cents a pop.

Z

Zadok001

Here we go again... Ok, I don't know whether the spoiler is real or not, but I do know that no one has provided adequate evidence to csat much doubt on it. Starting from the top:

Creature- Plant: So what? A lot of the argument against the spoiler are like this, not really solid arguments, just 'That's stupid.' Oh, well. Why _shouldn't_ there be a Creature- Plant? If it's a Plant, why not?

Rebel: I direct your attention to Soldier of Fortune. Again, why not? Skyshroud Poacher can recruit things from outside Masques Block. Why not have something recruitable from outside?

Good Black Cards: [me] grabs his printed spoiler. [/me] My God man! Are you blind? The Guildmages are excellent. Ravenous Rats is listed, so is Soul Burn, excellent reprints. Trench Wurm is great, especially with all the multi-color deck we'll be seeing. Addle is very, very good. And that's a 30 second scan of the commons and uncommons.

Wash Out: Yes, it's good. But think about this, guys. Remember Hibernate? It was an excellent sideboard card, but it didn't exactly give Blue the GAME every time. And that was an Instant, making it well superior to Wash Out. Yes, this is a good card. No, it is not broken.

No Multi-Color: No kidding, really? Let's see, we have the spoiler for Blue, White, Green, Red, Black, and Artifact. And there's no Gold cards in it? No way! :) Ding, dong. Duh. Gold is a seperate catergory.

Publicity Stunt: Possibly. But a very time-intensive publicity stunt. One other thing: This spoiler is UP-TO-DATE with all the releases on the Sideboard. That means that it had to be editted _every day_ to accomodate the numbering of each card alphabetically, and to add the new card if it were fake. That's too much work for a few hits.

Why Would WotC Give The Spoiler to Mag2: They didn't. WotC probably had nothing to do with the spoiler's release. A member of WotC did, but the company did not specifically choose Mag2 as their new spoiler page.

Djinns: Again, so? Creature types are not restricted to a single color.

Mana Maze: No, it doesn't. It says 'played.' That means that if I play a Red spell, no one else can ANNOUNCE a red spell until another spell is cast. No ruling problems there.

There we are. If anyone can offer some more concrete proof, I'll accept it without hesitation, but nothing is concrete as of now. Btw, the test of 'Wait and see if WotC shuts down Mag2' is not an applicable test. WotC nailed Newwave because they are a provider, they can't do _anything_ to Mag2.

The best bet for finding out whether it is real or not is wait a few days for a sideboard card that matches.

D

DÛke

...but not as good as I expected.

Dang, did you guys look at some of the Black cards in the set?
Addle? That card is so playable, almost as good as Duress and Unmask, MABYE even better than Unmask. Sweet.

And, I don't know about the other Black mages out there, but Desperate Research sounds like a very good card to have in a suicide type of deck. It's not as good as Demonic/Vampiric Tutor, but it should could offer you help. I like it a lot.
I'm getting four:).

**Drools over the card's name...**

Twilight's Call sounds like a good card to me too.

But, what really messes me up is Do or Die! It doesn't target, so no protection from Black or being Black can stop it.
It costs 2 mana, and, it could destroy half your army! If you have 2, it will destroy 1, and even then, it would have done it's job.
Now, if you have 10 creatures out, you'd hate me for playing this card:).

I like Invasion.
I think I'm going to buy 20 boxes, oh, never mind, I need to save some money first:).

F

FoundationOfRancor

WHERE IS THE STUPID LINK!?

At the bottom of the link (That I got above) there is NO little Next thing. Its blank!

Where is it!?