After Invasion: Set names

F

FoundationOfRancor

This seems a little to early, well with INVASION not even being out and all....but oh well. They gave us the names of the next serts in the next triliogy (Which garfeild is gonna be working on)

The Odyssey
The Vendetta
The Judgment

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?

A

Almindhra

The JUDGEMENT??!!!...Oh no!...Its the end!...Garfield is working on it because its the end!...And he is the Creator!...So hes going to end it!!...Magic is going to die!...ITS THE END!!!!!

F

Fire Slinger

Relax

They are supposed to start a new storyline, so we have to new names of the storyline.

The Odyssey: The main charactors journey
The Vendetta: The main charactors challege (??)
The Judgement: The main charactor final test

P

Purple_jester

Is it just me, or is Wizards announcing these things a little too early?

Regardless, I'm hoping that they set that story in another world (aka. NOT Dominaria). I mean, just how much of Keld and Tolaria and Yavimaya can a human being take? Or, if they plan to keep it in Dominaria, I hope they set it into the future. I'm up to HERE with Hannah and Urza and Yawgmoth and that blasted wimp Gerrard.

Y'know what? I'm hoping that the hero has a pet beeble or sliver! Wouldn't that be interesting? And please, please, please make it a girl! Make her Asian this time. :D

[Edited by Purple_jester on September 27th, 2000 at 11:04 AM]

H

Hetemti

I hate the "The"s that are put infront of all the names. Oddesy and Judgment, they will be called. Vendetta sucks, since there is allready a card. COME ON WotC! Quit making multiple things with the same name...kinda like that foil Foil paradox.

How 'bout a non-human lead? Everyone loves Tahngarth because:

He's Big.
He's Mean.
He's a Cow.

Z

Zadok001

If they don't end the frickin' Weatherlight saga, I'm gonna EXPLODE. Enough with Gerrard and Sisay, already!

D

DÛke

...when I first started Magic, I loved the Weatherlight, Gerard, Sissy, Hanna, and all that; BUT you have no idea as to what I'll do if I see that SoB Gerard on another Magic card. I'm over worn from the Weatherlight, Urza, Barrin, and all of them people. What is WotC trying to do? MAKE THEM REAL OR SOMETHING! It's just a storyline, and I understand that "deepness" is attractive sometimes, but Gerard, for example, is physically and mentally defined like he was real or something! GIVE THOSE UP WotC! Dang it, everyone is tired of them "heros"! Kill them or something, EXCEPT for Takara, ofcourse.

I'm looking for more creative, and NEW characters.
If the next block has as much as Gerard in it, I'll quit Magic for good. OH, and not only that, but the storyline is "contaminated" with Gerard and all of them, BUT they had to ruin the beautiful Magic cards too with images of Gerard almost in every card!

T

Thrash Golem

How could you forget SQUEE??

he's the best one of the weatherlight saga.

D

DÛke

...didn't really forget him.
I'm just mentioning the stupidest of the whole Weatherlight saga, and that is Gerard. I dislike Squee too you know, don't get me wrong. Everyone likes the little punk, but for some reason, I fail to see why.

D

Duel

I agree. Urza was good, but then he lost his head. Well, one of them. And I think the whole plotline peaked around the Urza's lands, and that wass just fine, with a huge amount of forces in every color, even fighting each other (Goblins and orcs and orgs and dwarves and minotaurs and icatians, and angels, and thallids and elves and wurms and merfolk and wizards oh my!). THAT was fun.

D

DÛke

...when I first read the Portal introduction, it said something about how Magic isn't just a card game, but "a mystical world", full of "fantasy" creatures and worlds. It is all ture, and all so great. NO OTHER card game has as much environmental and character definition as Magic. Magic is a game, for playing, for trading, for watching, for liking, for living in, for understanding. It's not just a game. That's why I'm still with it.

Wizards screwed all that up by making Magic = Gerard and Party.
The game is not Magic: the Gathering anymore, but Magic: the Gathering of Gerards Party. How's that! I hate it a lot.

I wish that Wizards introduce a new world of Magic, other than the old Rath, or Dominaria, or whatever we've been floating over.
A new world, a new story, a new hero, and type of action, A WHOLE NEW MAGIC experience perhaps.

JUST look at the once beautiful Magic cards! JUST LOOK! Almost all cards has a member of the Party. IT IS DONE! Gerard and Party is a story that should have been dead since Urza's Saga. I enjoyed MM so much, because it introduced us to a new world: Mercadia. New environement, new feeling, new setting, new people, new places. All new. New animals. New, new, and new. It was amazing. I loved it; then, they had to put the Party back at the screwed up Rath. How lame.

PLEASE, WIZARDS, IF YOU CARE, DO NOT make the next block another Gerard and Party block.

Pleeeaaase!

M

Molimo

The new set names don't start with the, they're simply Odyssey, Vendetta, and Judgement.

DUke, I agree wholeheartedly, enough with Gerrard. New for you though: according to the Wizards continuity guy (his name escapes me currently but he frequents phyrexia.com) Apocalypse is the END of the Urza/Phyrexian thing. There will be an ENTIRELY new cast and a new world and such starting with Odyssey. And I for one rather like it :cool:

D

Darsh

Why can't wizards just give up the storyline? I agree with DUke magic IS a mystical world, why can't we just live with that? I hate the story, always have, always will.

Just one more thing...More slivers!!!! We need more new slivers with cool abilities, since wizards is going with the multicolor, why can't we have more slivers? they have 5 colored deck written all over them.

B

Bob

Invasion:
Phyrexians come
Losses:
Hanna, Takara, Barrin, Tolaria, Benalia
Hanna gets plauge, Takara is bombed, Barrin commits suicide and blows up Tolaria, Benalia destroyed by phyrexians,
Coalition winning

Planeshift:
Rath joins into Dominaria(Title gives it away. Planeshift)
Losses: Lin Sivvi, Squee, Eladamri, Lyna, Crovax, Yavimaya, Rath
Lin Sivvi gets plauge, Tavoc kills Eladamri, Lyna and crovax die in Rath's explosion,Squee killed by Crovax
Phyrexia has upper hand

Apocolypse
Final Battle
Losses:Sisay, Tahngarth, Tsabo Tavoc, Greven,(Now a good guy), Yawgmoth,,Phyrexia, ertai
Sisay is killed by Tavoc, Tahngarth is killed by Tsabo, tsabo is killed by Yawgmoth, Serra comes back, and Reya and Atala battle yawgee, Greven kills ertai, then dies,
Urza kills yawgmoth, Serra helps urza, orim, Gerrard, reya, and atala remake dominaria and live in peace. Gerrard marrys Atala and Dominaria is reborn.....
Now to Oddesey....
Probably Atala and Gerrard's children....

M

Molimo

Cripes man, that's a pretty intensive theory. Isn';t Serra dead?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
By Jove, Molimo! I believe you're right. Unless I'm off my cracker. Haw-ha-haw-haw.

Ransac, the non-britain man

B

Bob

I would have thought the story was too intense too, but when Hanna died, I knew they would get worse.....

N

NeuroDeus

At last we got to the end of Weatherlight (Wipe-a-lite) Saga. And I hope the next is not futuristic that would suck.
Imagine "phasing" (star treks suxs but i had to use it) a Llanowar Elf.

M

Multani

Yavimaya will never fall!!!!!
Seriously, I don't think prepares it's defense for millenia only to get destroyed. That's unreal.