A question?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Who doesent want to battle?

Well, let me tell you, those who dont want to battle are considered "cool".

However, you battlers are considered "uncool".

Its harsh, but true.

And ANYONE who wants to take down this king of points, will have to go through ME. Dont worry about me being "uncool" though. Thats not gonna be a problem.

GoCaseySeiter!
(sorry, I have a migraine and im tired...)

H

Hawaiian mage

I'll say I'll fight sometimes, but I never go through with it. I all ready have battles with rules at MTGcraft.

And now, I giant dragon advertsieng MTGcraft!

D

Duel

Well, I ony battle for a good cause.

Like "It's 12:57 AM and I have nothingm to do but Nanokill is on!"

D

DÛke

I'm with you all the way about the battle.
Look, it's not "cool" to "not to battle", niether is it "cool TO battle", but what's cool is if you "DO battle" but no one would know that you're "battling". No, I'm not being a psycho again and talking about "psychic" battles, but, what I'm talking about is, "word" batteling. Battle with words. Don't use over provoking ones, but do use ones that make your opponent think. Piss them off using words only. Don't use words that "get you beat up", but use that "makes them say 'huh?'". Have an attitud, not a bad one, but not a good one, with those who you battle.

Here, you want to see what I'm "talking" about?
Here are some of the stuff I really do say:

"Why do you hold back? You're over confidence is your weakness!"
"You might think I'm laid back, but I've been through hell!"
"I didn't know truth could hurt you..."
"You had no past, now you have no future!"
"It's time for your finale! I don't want an encore!"
"I'm sorry, but I'm so sagacious. It's almost scary."
"Many believe in miracles, but you'll need more than that!"

All those are great! They make your opponent be like: "what?", which is exactly what you want them to do. This is both, for the CPA battles, net battles, and, real life "battles".

There.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Those are good ones, DUke!

Those are the good kind of battles, like the ones of yore, not the "Magic" ones which degenerate into "I counter that" and "I summon 10 billion of this", blah, blah, blah. It was looking like Ihsan's Shade was trying to do just that with theorgg but bystanders jumped in the way :rolleyes:

D

DÛke

...Yes, I know what you're talking about.
I don't like the kind of battles that go:

"I counter that"
"I summon Cateran Overlord"
"I cast Light of Day..."
"I bluh that..."
"Bluh this..."
"Bluh bluh..."
"NO, bluh, bluh, BLUH!"

That's just plain stupid!
Battle is all about having the right words said at exactly the right time. Confuse your opponent, make them think low of themselves, but not too low, make them rethink EVERY word they want to say. Make them feel your wrath using words only. No Magic cards, NO I kick the ---- out of you, no I punch you in the nose, no ----you...NON of that.
Just words fight.

Ibet I could win easily against all of those who "fight" in here. All those who "punch" and "kick", and all that non sense.

I can kick all your ---es in an attitude fight!
Oh yes I can!

"OH, but I can't go to hell! I live there!"
"You need a master......I fit..."

[Edited by DÛke on October 4th, 2000 at 11:58 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You should have a go against Ihsan's Shade, theorrg, or Istanbul. All of their battles were like that. Check the first couple posts in this forum for examples...

D

DÛke

That's cool!

I know Istanbul is, well, um, good at it, because we "played" it back at MTGnews a year or so ago, but we were serious; it wasn't friendly. The post got deleated by the Web Master, which was so funny, because the Web Master didn't hardly do a thing to prevent anything from happening to MTGnews' message boards. I guess we just "really" did it:).

Besides, Spidey, I don't think anyone in here, even Istanbul himself, would ever want to "play" that kind of game again.
These people have "grown up", if you know what I mean:).
I haven't:).

Oh well, let's just keep it the way it is: fighting with "punches" and "kickes"...What a stupid fight...You want punches and kickes? YOU come to me, and I'll SHOW you what a punch looks like:): this is for all those "punch" and "kick" in this forum, but with no high offense, just mid offense:).

Anyway,

"Ahhh...Noone wants you? I do...I could use more slaves..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
theorgg probably does more crazy stuff (like reach under breechcloth) rather than do witty talk, but it's still amusing.

As long as everyone knows it's not serious, it should be okay. But I know what you're saying; even for the early ones some people started to take it personally.

A

arhar

Hmph. All of you people that fight on Battle Arena, are like, totally uncool. Like, oh my God! Like, as uncool as it gets. Like, gosh, get a life!

Just kidding ;)

D

DÛke

No offense, but when I read that post, it sounded like I was reading a faget's post. No offense.

Here are more of my favorite original quotes, just for the hell of it:

"There are two kinds of people on my list: 'dead' and 'will die'."
"You're alright. As long as you stay the way you are: dead."
"Don't worry, I've seen more worthless people---than you are..."
"She's fun! I should have let her live longer..."
"Do you want me to demonstrate what I mean? Let me get my knife..."
"No, I do care...I just don't care about you..."
"You're so tough and all, I'm almost impressed."
"You're almost as weak as your mind."
"You're so strong! Could you hit me now? I need to laugh..."
"Can I barrow your blood? You seem to be loosing it anway..."
"Even your blood rejects you..."
"Let your blood flow...It doesn't want you...It wants me..."
"How do you fulfill your destiny? Die for me..."
"Would you like me to put you to sleep---forever?"
"You are great...You're just not as great as I am..."
"I'm not the best...But you're the worst..."
"I do have feelings! I just don't feel pain..."
"You talk all the time! WOW! You must be pointless..."
"If you know me, than you're dead. If you don't, than you'll do..."
"Hey, it's not your fault your worthless, I understand..."
"NO, STOP! Don't kill yourself! Let me do it for you..."
"I know your pathetic, but do you really want to die already?"
"I feel sorry for you: you just met me...you met your death..."
"Those who knew me never had a chance to talk about me..."
"Hey, it's your death, how do you want it to be?"
"I know the answer, but you don't know the question..."
"How much damage can I do in a minute? Would you like to see?"
"Seeing you in pain is my kind of game..."

Whew! *whipes sweat*
See people, this is the kind of fights we should be having. Attitud. It's all about the attitude. If you can't punch in here, than say something, don't right *punch*. * <--Those stars doesn't mean you punched me in anyway...It only means you wasted more time wasting your time...

"Wow! How creative! you wasted your time by wasting your time..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure arhar was trying to be funny, like, you know, like, using "teen" talk, like, omigod!

:D

D

DÛke

...but, he could have made it more, um, masculine...
Dude, he could've made it more masculine, yeaha, I'm pretty sure'bout that man. I'm pretty sure'bout it. He didn't have to write no "likes" or nothin' like that...He could've just written "dude"s, "man"s, and just mix his spellin'up, ya know wha'I mean?

Good...

Arhar, sorry man, but, I couldn't tell if ya're tryin' to be funny, or tryin' somethin' else. Now I realize it. My mistake man. My mistake. Sorry'bout that.

"What good is popularity if you had no enemies?"

D

DÛke

...Spiderman, I guess your girlfriend doesn't keep saying it after every word, huh:)?

I feel sorry for me.
Every time I hear the word "like" repeatedly, I shiver; it reminds me so much of how my girlfriend talks:

"Uh, like, I already like said I'm gonna like, um, like go shopping this weekend, like, DUH!"

Or, the famous 'comeback':

"Like, I don't know...Like what do YOU, like, wanna do?"

Or, the one that I hear everyday:

"Like, Kristy and me, like are going to a party, like, you wanna come? Like, there's gonna be drinks! Like, ya'll like, like it, like you should like come, like, go like get dressed, like, NOW!"

AND that's my whole story.
Ofcourse, I'm over exaggerating a bit, but, like, that's how, um, like, um, the word 'like' makes me wanna, like, puke, like, um, really puke, like for REAL! Like that...

There:)...

A

arhar

Lol. That's exactly what I was trying to do - make fun of teenage girls with "like" and "oh my God". It never occured to me that someone would take it seriously though. I guess I should post more smilies into my posts... ;)

Learn as long as you live :)