============================================

Lemme know what you all think...

T

TylersOnFire

Nice Lady Re! I like poetry its cool :cool: Anyways very nice! :D
Tyler-

G

garfobosonfire

U r good at that!! do u have other stuff?? Post it if u do!!

T

TylersOnFire

seriously like dave (garfobo) said psot other poetry i like poetry. what is your favorite poem?
Tyler-

Z

Zadok001

You sound like a friend of mine... You sound a LOT like a friend of mine... I got half a hour of sleep, and my conspiracy-based mind is coming up with all SORTS of wierd stuff I know isn't true...

"Help..."

Killer Joe

Hi, can I go line by line and analyze this via my own interpretation?
Line #1-That's the person sitting at the computer or just sitting and thinking, maybe.
Line #2-The computer screen or maybe a singular/mono voyeuristic view on life.
Line #3-The darkness is the computer before it's turned on or darkeness represents an invitation to knowledge or meaningful experiences with it's light (enlightenenment).
Line #4-A sense of commune with others on the internet/CPA or a shared passion of lonesome feelings.
"Night Stanza"-I believe in musical terms, stanza means a long string of connected and disconnected tones ebbing in and out of tempo (rubato-like).
Iiiiiiiiii don't know,......what?,.....like I said, I tend to miss the obvious. Good work, even though I wouldn't know good poetry from beer drinking songs:
<to be sung in a stupor and loudly>
In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer.
*first time through: sing it in unison
*second time through: One person speaks the words while the others HUM the melody
*Third time through: To be sung at Fortissimo and in harmony with a slight ritardando at the end.

...and I thank-you.

L

Lady Re

Glad you all like it, and Thank you all. I do have more, it is an outlet for my under-utilized creative side. (And more often then not, my poems turn into songs, because I sing, and they just do...)

To TylersOnFire, I don't know if I have a single favorite, I like alot of poems, and the darker the better. Same way I like my music usually, yet everyone who knows me would never believe or understand it--see, I am one of those Cheerful and gregarious people, so my "darker" side only gets out and gets to play usually when I L.A.R.P. (Vampire the Masquerade most often)

To Zadok001, who knows, I may be one of your friends, otherwise, we can become friends--you choice... (PS, you're not really paranoid if they really are out to get you...) ;)

And to Yellowjacket and others wondering my take on it, here goes...

"Night Stanza"

Alone and silent here I sit, (yes, contemplative of the subject)
This pallid screen my only companion. (loneliness and sole companionship)
The darkness calling me within it's light, (this is about the darkness calling out of the light of the screen, a form of companionship with the "night" within the screen)
My only kin within the night... (the connection with the "night")

stan·za: noun
: a division of a poem consisting of a series of lines arranged together in a usually recurring pattern of meter and rhyme :

Z

Zadok001

"It _is_ as bad as you think, and they _are_ all out to get you!"

Could you either post your real name here or email it to me? You sound _exactly_ like someone I know...

"45????"

T

TylersOnFire

hey lady i am a lot like that too not many people think that i would like "dark" poems because i am very outgoing and such (ask FoR) I like two peoms a lot. both by poe, Annable Lee (very good) and the rAven (of course). have you read bot of those? ask FoR they are good. i sing too what part do you sing (soprano or alto) are you in any choirs,..............blahblahblah. ok anyways. i like your poetry post some more please!
Poetry lover, singer, magic player,....
Tyler- :cool:

F

FoundationOfRancor

Lady Re, I am an active poem fan. i wouldnt mind chatting with you over AOL (Or Whatever) or talk to you through email.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think everyone who should share a poem they have written now, if Lady Re does not mind sharing her thread with us... :)

I

Istanbul

Sharing a poem I wrote would be a Bad Thing.

But I can recommend that you try to get a hold of some of Robert Frost's work. His is some of the best poetry I've ever read.

T

TylersOnFire

sharing sounds great but i havnt wirtten anything that i would be comfortable with sharing sorry when i write some i will post!
Tyler

L

Lady Re

To Chaos Turtle & everyone else, I don't mind sharing the thread, that's what posting is all about--sharing a part of yourself.

As for my name, my "real" name is Rebecca. My identity is already all over the web from being in the SCA and being president of my local group, so I'm not too worried about telling my name. And Zadok001, if we don't know each other, (you can email me if you'd like a less public forum) we can still be firends...

TylersOnFire -- I loved Poe the first time I read him in elementary school, and I do love the Raven. I sing anything from first soprano to a true tenor, I was a part of a Madrigal Singing group called Dragonsfaire, and I am on our first CD. (check out http://www.gate.net/~tallguy/dragon.htm for the Dragonsfaire website) Singing is one of my favorite pastimes in the S.C.A. (for more info on the SCA, go to http://www.sca.org)

For FoundationOfRancor, I am on only ICQ #28049665, but happy to chat when I am online... Email is cool too... (RebaTheHub@yahoo.com or RebaTheHub@Juno.com)

and to Istanbul, I do like Frost-he is way cool for poetry.

Oddly enough, the second CD I ever bought was from the TV show "Beauty & the Beast" (the live actors version) called "Of Love and Hope" that featured background music (classical style) from the series, and the character "Vincent" reading wonderful poetry--and it is still one of my favorite CD's, especially for those lonely dark, and especially stormy nights. It is fantastic mood music & poetry!!! Check it out... AAAA+++_ :D :D :D :D

C

Chaos Turtle

Well, since no one else has the guts, I'll share with you this little treasure I wrote up whilst recovering from mononucleosis (yeahs ago, dahlings, yeahs ago) and watching entirely too much daytime TV.

Enjoy.

At the Trough

Mindless cattle in line
Drinking poison water
Greedy tongues lapping
Lazy brains growing dull
Fat bodies growing ill

Dying cattle kneeling
Horns and bells muddied
Lowing miserably
Hating cattle still standing
In fading light