A little absence...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, this is the only time they let me out! :D

Seriously, this will be the last of the vacations for a while... both work leave and money being used up...

D

DarthFerret

I wish I had that much vacation time (and even that much money! :D)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lazy? When it's only two weeks out of 52? :)

You can get that much money, just have the government withhold more than they need to for taxes... :D

Killer Joe

Spiderman said:
Just a note that I'll be gone for TWO weeks starting 6/26. Will be back 7/10.
OKAY BOYS & GIRLS, you know what THIS means,.....it's NECRo-THREADING TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Just bring back yer favorite old thread dating back 4 plus years!

Go to town Oversoul!

As for old women, I think Goldie Hawn, Susan Luchi and Cher are still hot!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Perhaps I should finish up my old "Who wants to pretend to be a Millionaire" shows I never completed.... the possibilities are endless.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

Killer Joe said:
OKAY BOYS & GIRLS, you know what THIS means,.....it's NECRo-THREADING TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Just bring back yer favorite old thread dating back 4 plus years!
I'm on it...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
RANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is up with all of these oldies coming back????

Tabasco, Mindy, Rando, etc.......

....maybe they're all the same person :eek:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

ba-dum-bum-bum

"You say Rando
and I say Rondo
You say Tomato
and I say Tomahto
Rando! Rondo!
Tomato, Tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Hope you stay a while Freaky Bear! :D

R

Rando

I've gotten out of the tourney scene and back into a casual group. It's a dramatic shift in play style and perspective. I'm thinking of writing something for the CPA about it but I don't know exactly what. I don't know, we'll see.

At any rate, I plan on stopping in more frequently.

D

DarthFerret

Hey Rando, been a while since I was in KC, what is the magic scene like there in the heartland?

R

Rando

DarthFerret said:
Hey Rando, been a while since I was in KC, what is the magic scene like there in the heartland?
Still going strong, glad to say. Also, classic formats like Type I get more popular each year, which puts a huge smile on my face. I've played competitive Type I and 1.5 for the last few years and there's always good sized tournaments every weekend. By good sized I mean 10 to 30 people, but that's a lot when you consider the vintage scene in most areas.

Vintage tournament play is the most fun I've had playing magic. I don't think there is a faster paced, more chalenging or more dynamic format. Contrary to popular belief the win does not always go to the guy who drew his power cards first, and the games last much longer then one or two turns as many complainers claim.

D

DarthFerret

I agree there, I played in a shop one time north of the river (not exactly sure where as I was not driving) and this kid had all of the power nine in a deck. I won 2 games in a row with a simple blue counter/flyer deck. Back then I was pretty competitive, now I just like to complicate and draw out the game to see if I can annoy my opponents into a loss! :D I will probably be going up to KC sometime this Holiday Season. (Xmas or T'Giving). If I do, and you are still around, may look ya up for a game or two (if you are interested!)

R

Rando

I would be a liar if I said they didn't help, because they are the most powerful cards ever printed, but there are such a thing as budget decks that use no card valued at over $20. Mono black and mono red come first to mind. Also, there are "power" cards that are just as powerful as the classic power nine that can swing a game are are easy to get ahold of, such as Yawgmoth's Will and Ballance. And then there's new things like Afinity artifact based decks which are easy to build and hard to stop once they get rolling, even for a power filled deck.

Mishra's Factory, Stripmine/Wasteland, Counterspell, Psycotog+cheap blue cantrips. A competiitive deck can be made for under $100.

But, most people don't see that when a freak "god draw" occurs and someone really does win on the first turn. But that's the exception, not the rule.

DarthFerret said:
I agree there, I played in a shop one time north of the river (not exactly sure where as I was not driving) and this kid had all of the power nine in a deck. I won 2 games in a row with a simple blue counter/flyer deck. Back then I was pretty competitive, now I just like to complicate and draw out the game to see if I can annoy my opponents into a loss! :D I will probably be going up to KC sometime this Holiday Season. (Xmas or T'Giving). If I do, and you are still around, may look ya up for a game or two (if you are interested!)
Absolutely, look me up. Was the name of the shop you went to The Broken Lotus?

D

DarthFerret

Don't remember. This was a long time ago. I used to go to the shop that was in the Antioch Mall North of the River on Antioch road (about a mile north of Vivian Rd I think.)

I also used to frequent the shop that was in Gladstone (I know, South of KC, but I lived in Harrisonville at the time!). I have no memory of shop names. Our shop here closed down, and the closest one is still way too far for me.