A joke, horriblely bad one at that...

H

Hetemti

Intolerance? How about intolerance toward people who think making jokes about homosexuals is funny. You are impugining them, huriting their self esteem, and scaring them for life! You are a double-plus-ungood person. You need a time out to think good, long, and hard about what you said, and to learn to be more understanding of their point of view.

Remember children, if you say that someone is wrong for being intolerant, you are wrong for not tolerating their intoleration.

_____
Big Brother is watching you.

B

Baskil

Originally posted by Hetemti
Intolerance? How about intolerance toward people who think making jokes about homosexuals is funny. You are impugining them, huriting their self esteem, and scaring them for life! You are a double-plus-ungood person. You need a time out to think good, long, and hard about what you said, and to learn to be more understanding of their point of view.
And maybe, just maybe, people will actually take a joke. And not be flustered by a joke. And understand that a joke is inherently a poke at something, whether it be a race, creed, sex, attitude, animal, plant, etc. People should just lighten up and not be such (excuse the pun) tight-*sses

L

Landkiller

Aaagh! Not 1984!! Don't watch the movie, skip class if your teacher makes you!! It's too messed up!!

H

Hetemti

I sorta read the book, never seen the movie.

______
"Winston uncovered his face. Parsons used the lavatory,
loudly and abundantly. It then turned out that the plug was
defective, and the cell stank abominably for hours afterwards."

—Orson Wells, laying the groundwork for cinematic excellence in the form of the Turbo-Lax scene from Dumb and Dumber.

T

theorgg

I thought it was mildly humourus.

kinda like a blond joke.

and I don't htink it was racist... I think the term would be "sexist"

V

Volradon

:mad: Comon people this joke has gotten more replies then it should. Its a joke. Laught at it like this :D or forget about it. Why do people make such a big deal of things like that? :(

D

dw51688

:D

I just felt like being the responisble one here. Well I'll leave that to the old people like YJ.

N

Namielus

So then just pm some of the older members and tell them to look at it, are only the newer member looking at the off-topic forms?

And I don't think that we should start to segraiget ourself in to young and old, sleepy is old right (like over 25) and he is 'new' and Zadok is old but he is only 17 (I think, he might still be 16, I'm not sure).

C

Cateran Emperor

[me]returns after a long while[/me]

Oh, seems everything resolved itself then. Good work Hetemi, Namelius, dw :cool:

[me]walks away to smash someone at random in the arena[/me]

A

arachiron

Here's another weak joke:

A man and a woman get into a terrible car accident. Both cars are terribly totalled--broken windshields, engines smoking, all that good stuff. The woman gets out and says, "It must be destiny that we of all people came out of such a thing unscathed." The man nodds and smiles. "We should celebrate.", said the woman again, "What's even more miraculous that there's still an unspoiled wine bottle in my car." She hands it to the man. "Cheers!" After drinking up half the bottle the man stops and asks,"Don't you want any?" The woman replies,"No, I think I'll wait until the police arrive."

H

Hawaiian mage

This is my proposed new quote.

T

theorgg

E-Mo! E-Mo! E-Mo!

"I like to go down to the park and watch all the little kiddies running and screaming and jumping around. They don't know I'm just using blanks."

"I was jumping from barstool to barstool trying to get lucky. Sadly enough, there wasn't any gum under a one of them."

"A guy walked up to me and handed me a pamplet. It said 'By the TIME you finish reading this, another person will have died from...' So I stopped reading right there! I'm not going to kill somone by reading a sentance!"

"I love sitting in front of a warm fire with a book like War and Peace. A fat book like that will feed a fire for two hours!"

"One day I was haingin floss on the line to dry when a guy came up to me and said 'I'd like to read your gass meter.' I said 'Whatever happened to the classics?'"

"And always remember the last words my grandfather said: 'A TRUCK!'"

Emo Phillips: Only the one demented enough to be Ransac's father. :D

M

manchot_13

being the "resident homo-sexual" (god, i have an awful lot of residencies) i don't take personal offence at this joke, although it is quite easy to find jokes that will offend me.

i think it would be really cool to have a peace lotus...

so, are there any other resident gays here? if so PM me...

H

Hawaiian mage

Okay, I guess I was wrong. After laughing at the joke for a few seconds I thought that might offend someone. Oh well.

You may begin the rock pumeling...

A

Apollo

Lol. Keep 'em coming, guys!

Here's a joke I got in my email a couple days ago.

A first grade teacher in New York explains to her class that she is a Yankees fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they , too
are Yankee fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you
raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Yankee's fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked , asked, "Well, if you are not a Yankee's fan, then who are you a fan of?"
"I am a Mariner's fan" Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why are you a Mariner's fan?"

"Because my mom is a Mariner's fan, and my dad is Mariner's fan , so I'm a Mariner's fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, "That is no reason for you to be a Mariner's fan. You don't have to be just like your
parents all of the time. What if your mom were a moron and your dad were a moron,
what would you be then?"

"Then ," Janie smiled, "We'd be Yankee fans."

H

Hawaiian mage

Comeing to someone who lives in the Mariners state, that was the funniest thing I ever heard. :)

A sergeant was passing the barracks after lights out, when he heard some voices from inside. He slammed open the door, and shouted: Listen, you guys! A few minutes ago, you all heard me say good night. What you must realize, is that when I say "Good Night," what I really mean is "Shut the **** up!!!"

The room instantly fell silent. But after a few seconds, a small voice could be heard from somewhere in the far back of the dark room:

"Good Night, Sergeant"