A Different Battle, New Rules!

G

garfobo

Ok, heres what im trying to do, im starting a new battle, with different rules, heres how it goes, when all players have joined, everyone picks ONE color, and u make a list of 60 spells, u get one basic land of your chosen color, and 20 life, players write their life total above all replys in this post, so here goes, im playing green, but im not taking in the battle ill just be a mediator, at some point ill make a cut, and ill give a list of all those in thebattle,join please!

G

garfobo

Oh yes, u get a new land every turn, or more if the spell says so!

G

garfobo

ok, u dont draw cards, u have your set of 60, and those 60 dont include land, a turn consists of an untap, an upkeep, a main phase, an attack phase, and another main phase, it consist of one post, and u cant take a spell back!

G

garfobo

ok, about summoning sickness/suckness, to tap or attack a recently casted creature/take new turn, 2 people must post after u!

A

Apollo

Ooh, he didn't limit us to 4 of a card!

here we go:

12 Pale Bears
12 Spectral Bears
12 Bear Cubs
12 Grizzly Bears
12 Striped Bears

Beat that! For my first land I'll have a forest. Just wait till my 2nd turn! That's when the beef starts coming out!

G

garfobo

Apollo, no i didnt limit u, so i guess u can have that many, but itll just be dumb, so if u could, please change your list, if ya dont wanna thats ok i guess, anyway, no one starts their first turn till i give the go ahead, we need to get some players first!

H

Hawaiian mage

No limits!?!

57xElvish Spirit Guide
3xHurricane

Ha haha ha ha! Beet that!

K

krichaiushii

No limits, and naught said about artifacts...

4 Mox Emerald
4 Squall Monger
4 Hunted Wumpus
4 Verdant Force
4 Invigorate
4 Vine Trellis
4 Llanowar Elf
2 Crawlspace
4 Coat of Arms (to be Apollo's Ally!)
2 Tsunami
2 Lifeforce
4 River Boa
4 Creeping Mold
2 Tranquil Grove

So I'm in...

(it was either the above deck, or 20 Lotus/20 Channel/20 Hurricane!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What about countering? How does that work? (especially if the blue player posts 2 behind the stuff he wants to counter)

krichaiushii: I would have thought it to be 20 Loti/20 Channel/20 Fireball because at least you wouldn't kill yourself then :)

K

krichaiushii

Spiderman -- I have to stick with one color. Besides, Channel-Hurricane's shock value is worth more than a win.

G

garfobo

To Counter a spell, a player must cast it before that player takes his next turn, OR if the player he targeted accapts the damage first,example, I shock DeathNight, he accepts the damage so someone like Istanbul cant Counterspell it!

And so far weve got:
Apollo, Hawaiin Magem and krichaushii, Spiderman, u in?

J

Jaws10387

I would join this thing, but only one color? That means I can't destroy everyone. Nooooooooooooooo!

K

krichaiushii

Jaws, I have yet to see you definitively destroy anyone yet. ;)

Actually, methinks that these rules will allow us to actually play semi-correctly, though those who post decks later have the marked advantage of seeing what everyone else is playing, and can viciously metagame accordingly.

A question (or more) though. Presuming I have enough mana in play, I can concievably play every card in my deck on one turn, right?

Also, since you started this garfobo, where is your deck?

Cards that call for certain effects, such as the Hunted Wumpus -- do I have to wait for everyone to respond before I go again, or just presume everyone not posting chose to provide no creature. Lastly, upkeep effects, like that of Verdant Force, do I just count the current players in the game, and add that many saprolings to my side whenever I go?

Decisions, decisions...

J

Jaws10387

I did destroy people in a battle that happened a couple weeks ago titled Round 2.

G

garfobo

Yes u can play every card in your deck, but u wont be killed for having no deck, ok?There really is no Deck, u have a 60 card hand, so your hand counts as your library and your hand! And u dont need to wait for every1 to post again for abilities, just hafta wait. and yes, to the last question!

I

Istanbul

Untap, upkeep, draw. (Group game, so I go to 8 cards.)
Forest, tap same for Eladamri's Vineyard. Remove two Elvish Spirit Guides from the game to cast Groundskeeper.

(Also, you'll find that I have no more than 4 of any card in my deck, save basic Forests.)