A Different Battle, New Rules!

K

krichaiushii

Then I will go next.

Forest, Mox Emerald, Mox Emerald.

Tap them all for a Vine Trellis and a Llanowar Elf.

Now I am as peaceful as a forest can be...

Next!

J

Jaws10387

My Deck:
4 Mox Ruby
4 Thran Dynamo
4 Shivan Dragon
4 Sulfuric Vapors
4 Molten Hydra
4 Crimson Hellkite
4 Teeka's Dragon
4 Shivan Helkite
4 Hammer of Bogarden
4 Ligtning Bolt
4 Lava Axe
4 Kaervek's Torch
4 Shatter
4 Fanning the Flames

Turn 1:

4 Mox Ruby
Mountain
Tap 4 mox ruby
Thran Dynamo
tap Dynamo and Mountain play Sulfuric Vapors
Go

A

Apollo

I'll play a Forest. Just wait till next turn! It'll be un-bear-able!

I

Istanbul

krichaiushii, Jaws, and Apollo all take 2 mana burn from the Eladamri's Vineyard (none of them used the mana).

Untap, upkeep, draw. (4 cards in hand.)
Play Forest.
Tap both Forests, use GG from Eladamri's Vineyard, play Vernal Bloom. (All Forests now produce an extra G!)
Done. (3 cards in hand.)

K

krichaiushii

Guess I forgot about that Vineyard. I got a use for it this time! Also, aren't we supposed to post our current life total in the subject line?

Anyhow, untap the forest and both moxen.

I play a forest. Using the 2 green from Istanbul's Vineyard, the two forests, the two moxen, the elf, and the Vine Trellis, I play a Verdant Force! Huzzah! The two extra green from Istanbul's Vernal Bloom go towards another Vine Trellis.

(Bet you thought I would mana burn, didn't you?)

J

Jaws10387

untap

mountain
use Vinyard mana tap 2 mountains tap thran dynamo play Shivan Hellkite
Done

G

garfobo

Everyone follow suite with Jaws, put Turn #, and life total at top of post, thanx, this is going great!!

I

Istanbul

Since we're following turn sequence, I guess it's Apollo's turn next, then mine...

A

Apollo

I'll play a forest, and use vineyard mana to cast a Bear Cub. Then I'll tap both Forests and play a Grizzly Bear and a Spectral Bear.

I'm gonna get slaughtered... but my bear army will defy you until the end!

I

Istanbul

Current cards I have in play:
Forest x2
Eladamri's Vineyard
Vernal Bloom
Groundskeeper

Untap, upkeep, draw. 4 cards in hand.

Use G from Vineyard to play Fastbond.
Play Zuran Orb.

Tap Forest for GG.
Sacrifice Forest to Zuran Orb to gain 2 life.
Use GG to return Forest to hand via Groundskeeper.
Play Forest again for 1 life.
Net cycle gain: 1 life.

I'll do that 9,999,980 times to be at 10,000,000 life.

Let's see, 2 cards in hand. Whoops! Didn't play my free Forest.
Tap two Forests to play a second Vernal Bloom. All Forests now produce GGG.

Tap Forest for GGG.
Sacrifice Forest to Zuran Orb to gain 2 life.
Use GG to return Forest to hand via Groundskeeper.
Play Forest again for 1 life.
Net cycle gain: G and 1 life.

I'll repeat the procedure 40 times, and play the final card in my hand: Hurricane. For 40. (40xG + G left over from Vineyard)

Good game. Next?

(Also note that I DID stick to one color, everything I did is within the parameters of the game, and since nobody is playing blue, nobody can counterspell. And if you want to burn my Groundskeeper or destroy my Zuran Orb, I'll simply do my cycles in response to that.)

K

krichaiushii

Death and drek! Nice going, Istanbul. :(

Now we have to start a new game. With the following caveat:

No life totals beyond 30. No infinite mana tricks. No infinite anything. The whole purpose of multiplayer games is player interaction. Isn't player interaction the whole reason that certain cards end up getting banned? Oh, maybe two color decks this time?

Besides, I was looking forward to making multiple Saproling Tokens, dropping a Coat of Arms, and crunching somebody...
;)

I

Istanbul

Okay.

Hey, you gotta admit. Two infinite combos on the third turn in mono-green ain't half bad.

Selective drawing, free basic land...never give a psychopath a loaded gun. He might DO something with it. :)

G

garfobo

Istanbul!! Great Job!! But that kinda sux cause im gonna make a new post for another one of these battles, oh well, congrats, and Istanbul,m could ya use a diff deck?

J

Jaws10387

I think that you should let us use more than one color and you might want to restrict some cards. But I'll be in the next battle.

K

krichaiushii

Jaws has a point. Can we make it five color highlander? At least 5 cards from each color, and any non-legendary mana-producing land can be played in a turn.

We post decks before starting. Legendary lands count as part of the deck.