A couple of ideas

D

DÛke

Unstable Tremors: I rather play Raze. It costs the same, and it's less whimsical. Much less.

My version:

Unstable Tremors 3R
Sorcery
Destroy target land, then you may flip a coin.
If you win, destroy another target land. Otherwise, sacrifice a land of your opponent's choice.

This version is better because it's something more innovative. It destroys a land without a hassle for sure, and then if you're laid back (or desperate), you might flip the coin for more...mayhem.

Intellect Focus: Maybe a bit too powerful. Maybe.

Viral Rot: And anyone would even consider playing this why?

J

Jake74

Unstable Tremors
I agree with Duke, why would you play this?? Not sure about his version... it looks ok.

Toxic Venom
Might be too strong... a horde of saporlings could kill in one turn... although with 12 mana...

Intellect Focus
I like this... I think the cc should be 1UU or 2UU though.

Viral Rot
This may be too much of a drawback to be useful... if it was:
when enchanted creature damages any creature, it's controller may pay 2 to give it "B: regen" or something similar....

I

Istanbul

Unstable Tremors is different than Raze because it CAN be 1-CC land destruction that *doesn't* eat one of your own lands in the process. In exchange for going from 3-CC to 1-CC, you risk the chance of Unstable Tremors backfiring on you. Trading speed for risk is a very red thing to do.

If you have 12 mana and you're using it to play Toxic Venom on 10 Saprolings, you've got bigger problems. :)
Seriously, though...I just thought that poison could make a comeback with this card.

Intellect Focus is quite strong, yes, hence the UUU casting cost; nothing but mono-blue should realistically be able to play this. The drawback is meant to prevent the usage of countermagic in concert with Intellectual Focus to form an almost unbreakable counter barrier. I agree that it's a bit strong, though. Maybe up the cost to '1, Pay 3 life'?

I think Viral Rot was poorly designed. Let me take another swing at it:
Viral Rot B
Enchant Creature
Whenever any creature blocks or is blocked by the enchanted creature, you may choose to put a -1/-1 counter on both that creature and the enchanted creature.
"I'm taking you with me."

J

Jake74

Unstable tremors
I think this would be ok if it was:
Destroy a land. Flip coin, if you lose destroy land opponent chooses.
that way, you have assured LD, but with a risk... otherwise it's way too risky...

Toxic Venom
This actually looks ok... the ac might need to be higher, but who knows...
BTW, I forgot a :) on my last comment about it... :p

intellect focus
I still think it should only be 1UU, but make the ac- U, pay 2 life: counter.... I think 2 life is enough and you should use blue mana to active...

viral rot
Ok, now that it is a completely different card.... it's ok, some rewording but...