A couple of ideas

I

Istanbul

Civilian Troop 2WW
Creature - Soldier
First Strike
If Civilian Troop is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it and put three white 1/1 Soldier tokens with first strike into play.
3/3

Spore Cluster 2GG
Creature - Fungus
Trample
If Spore Cluster is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it and put three green 1/1 Fungus tokens with 'T, Sacrifice: Add G to your mana pool' into play.
3/3

Flock of Seagulls 2UU
Creature - Bird
Flying
If Flock of Seagulls is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it and put three blue 1/1 Bird tokens with flying into play.
3/3

Goblin Mob 2RR
Creature - Goblin
Haste
If Goblin Mob is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it and put three red 1/1 Goblin tokens with haste into play.
3/3

Skeletal Horde 2BB
Creature - Skeleton
B: Regenerates
If Skeletal Horde is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it and put three black 1/1 Skeleton tokens with 'B: Regenerates' into play.
3/3

J

Jake74

Civilian Troop 2WW
Looks good.

Spore Cluster 2GG
may be too strong... 3 mana...

Flock of Seagulls 2UU
excellent.

Goblin Mob 2RR
looks ok, maybe weak... ?add: sac: deals 1 damage

Skeletal Horde 2BB
This one is great. keep the 3/3 or let it die and get 3 1/1 regens...

You may want to have it: may sac, if you do. That gives some choice.

I

Istanbul

I couldn't think of a better ability to give 1/1 green creatures.
I am NOT turning Goblin Mob into three Mogg Fanatics.
Giving the sacrifice ability makes it a bit too good.

I

Istanbul

Oh, and what about that other idea?

Lynch 1WW
Enchantment
Sacrifice Lynch, tap X untapped creatures you control: Lynch deals X damage to target creature.
"Get the rope."

J

Jake74

Lynch 1WW
This looks good.

I personally think without the sac option they are too week, maybe only cc of 3. I see the ability as a drawback, not a good thing...
BTW, Hasting goblins looks ok... the green could be colorless mana, that would weak them a little...

I

Istanbul

Too weak? They're four-mana 3/3s that, if your opponent targets them with anything, split up into a swarm of 1/1s to continue the irritation...and all those 1/1s have neat special abilities.

I

Istanbul

Transfer Vitality GG
Sorcery
Until end of turn, you may pay 1 life to add G to your mana pool as many times as you like.
This mana may only be spent to play creature spells.
All creatures put into play using mana from Transfer Vitality gain haste.
During your end step, sacrifice all creatures put into play using mana from Transfer Vitality.

C

Cateran Emperor

Why is Lynch white? This seems like it should be a red or at least a black ability.

I

Istanbul

Is Swords to Plowshares in flavor for white?
This is less powerful, but...think 'lynch mob'.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Spore Cluster should just trigger to spells, then its balanced.

That cycle of creatures is very flexible Istanbul, I complement thee!

Comparing Lynch to Swords to justify its whitness is unfair, as Swords shouldnt have been white. I like the card, and I think it works fine (The untapped creature assures its whiteness)

Transfer Vitality is cool, but it should sacrifice all creatures, not just the vitality ones. Some re-wording is needed.

I

Istanbul

If Transfer Vitality came with a one-sided self-Wrath attached, nobody would play it, ever.
I think that only creatures summoned with Transfer Vitality should die to it.
Basically, in exchange for getting to summon creatures on the quick, you get only one swing with them.
Also prevents dangerous card interactions with creatures like Verdant Force.
However, I WILL change it to 'At the end of any turn, remove from the game all creatures put into play using mana from Transfer Vitality'. That way, it won't form absolutely incorrect combos with cards like No Rest For The Wicked, Animate Dead, and other similar cards.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Transfer Vitality is incredibly strong...
However, if they printed Death/Ressurection (Which is better IMHO), then this seems ok.

What do you think of just making Spore Cluster activate to spells?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

How about this wording for Transfer Vitality?

Transfer Vitality GG
Sorcery
Until end of turn, you may reveal any number of creature cards in your hand at any time.
Whenever you reveal a creature card in this way, you may pay X life. If you do, add X green mana to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay the mana cost of a revealed creature card.
If you pay the mana cost of a revealed creature card, put it into play with haste.
During your end step, remove all creatures put into play with Transfer Vitality from the game.

I only changed it because the wording was a little strange with the combination of "put into play using mana from" and "play" when they aren't quite the same thing.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
How about this wording for Transfer Vitality?

Transfer Vitality GG
Sorcery
Until end of turn, you may reveal any number of creature cards in your hand at any time.
Whenever you reveal a creature card in this way, you may pay X life. If you do, add X green mana to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to pay the mana cost of a revealed creature card.
If you pay the mana cost of a revealed creature card, put it into play with haste.
During your end step, remove all creatures put into play with Transfer Vitality from the game.

I only changed it because the wording was a little strange with the combination of "put into play using mana from" and "play" when they aren't quite the same thing.
Thanks. I was having a bit of trouble templating this one.
One change, though. Change 'During your end step' to 'During any end step'. Sort of a Ball Lightning effect, to prevent the Velveeta effect.

J

Jake74

Transfer Vitality
This looks great!
Couldn't you change it to: At end of turn, sac all creatures put into play with ~this~??
Do you really need it to say 'end step'?

Lynch
White works for this because white is the color of people and cities.
This is definately white, black doesn't really fit, red is too chaotic, blue isn't even close and green is too natural, not what a lynching is....

I

Istanbul

End step really is better...I'm wary of Waylay issues.
And I really do recommend removal from the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since it's a sorcery, I don't think it's gonna have the same problems as Waylay (as in casting it during the end step).

I liked Jake's wording for it.

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. Well, I still insist on removal from game. Prevents cheap reanimation tricks.

Unstable Tremors R
Sorcery
Flip a coin. If you win, destroy target land. If you lose, sacrifice a land of target opponent's choice.

Toxic Venom X1G
Sorcery
X target creatures get 'Whenever this creature damages a player, that player receives a poison counter. (If a player ever has 10 or more poison counters, s/he loses the game.)'

Intellect Focus UUU
Enchantment
Pay 2 life: Counter target spell.
Whenever you play an instant, sacrifice Intellectual Focus.

Viral Rot B
Enchantment
Enchanted creature gets 'B: Regenerate'.
At end of turn, put an Infection counter on any creature damaged by the enchanted creature.
Creatures with an Infection counter get 'B: Regenerate'.