A Casual Push?!... for our rights!!!

T

train

Nightstalkers - I read in the other thread how you think multiplayer would have been great at worlds... what about as a permanent tourney format...

N

Nightstalkers

It would ease us into the game, but I'm not too concerned about it. I'd rather see more of a single form of rules with many different modes of play than a single style with many different rules.

Am I babbling again? I'm on three or four different forums and three chatrooms at the same time.....

IT DOESN"T BLOODY MATTER IF THE CREATURE IS NOT TAPPED BEFORE THE COMBAT STEP HE PLAYED CHOKING TETHERS CYCLING AND TAPPED IT BEFORE YOU COULD ANNOUNCE IT WAS AN ATTACKER

T

train

It would ease us into the game, but I'm not too concerned about it. I'd rather see more of a single form of rules with many different modes of play than a single style with many different rules
The main idea would be to introduce teams to tourneys - trues teams - and establish guidelines so that other modes of multiplayer could also be implemented...

This week - 2 headed giant...

Next week - Team Chaos...

R

Reverend Love

Why doesn't someone submit a draft to this thread for a request on WoTC's current position of support for us casual gamers, things like;

1. Unglued 2 status
2. Possibly reforming the Arena League
3. Maybe printing Vanguard cards to coincide with current set characters

People give their inputs, then fire it off to WoTC using a collected but orginized voice.

I know Teh Buehler couldn't give 2 oinks about us casual gamers but Mark "Teh oinke" Rosewater on multiple occasions has expressed his support of our style of Magic. Maybe if we fire off the email to him and WoTC customer support we could get some feedback.

I smell......pigs..I can almost hear them

T

train

Well - the point of this thread is to gather all the support possible, as well as ideas and opinions - so there is a source from which to present WoTC with a list of those thoughts...

But if only 8-10 different people reply - what good would it do to WoTC... We need a good show of ideas - even if they are new ones, and may not support those already expressed...

"Forget what you've heard - Size does matter..."

R

Reverend Love

All I want is for WoTC to start reprinting teh Vanguard and to come out with Unglued 2. They do that and I'll be teh happy.

T

train

Noted... and Reverend - you were the first to mention Vanguard...

That's what we need - more wants, likes, dislikes, and ideas...

Now - everyone tell all your friends to join CPA - post - and let's get this list going...

:D

N

Notepad

It would be very good to unite as a lobby group as was originally said of the CPA's purpose.

However, Unglued 2 can KMA! Part one was a pile.

A new Vanguard, however...that would be nice.

*rant reminder*

(will I ever get to writing these things!?!?! :eek: )

R

Reverend Love

Maybe we could ask Duke to send a weekly request to WoTC...eventually they'll cave. Like Shashank Redemption.

T

train

Unglued 2 can KMA!
Well... I don't know if it can - but I'm sure you can use it to wipe...;) :p

As for the whole picture - Unglued 2 would be something that could be put out - but not everyone is going to buy it to start with...

The most interesting thing about Unglued - is watching WoTC have a little humor about what they do, and the game concepts...

"Look at me I'm the DCI! *sucker-punched* No, I'm the DCI..."

And Duke could send them a weekly letter - but that would be up to him...

R

Reverend Love

Since this is YOUR idea actually why don't you send it, with CPA's owners approval of course. It's really unfortunate that casual players are treated the way we are...we're really the silent majority.

T

train

Actually I'm planning on sending it... to the WoTC mailing list...

well... maybe not the WoTC mailing list... but a lot of names on it...

I just need a lot more people listed iwht thoughts to make the numbers worth while...

And we're not quite the silent majority - we're the majority that doesn't spend as much...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how many people are on the WOTC mailing list, but I would definitely get more support before mass-mailing them. With the current support, I'd pick a couple of people who seem accessible (Mark Rosewater comes to mind) and nicely ask the questions/future plans and see if he can reveal something.

T

train

Yeah - I'm not in a hurry...

Patience is no problem for me...

But the mail-out list will be somewhat short...

I wonder if EricBess knows whom would be more of a casual type player at WoTC...

Of course none of them can play in Sanctioned tourneys... :rolleyes:

I figured MaRo, Alongi, Donais' replacement, and a few other developers/playtesters...
Garfield, and D'Angelo maybe just to see their views on things...

R

Reverend Love

And we're not quite the silent majority - we're the majority that doesn't spend as much...
Woah there bubba. Don't sterotype all us casual gamers. My group has a two box per set addiction each! That's not including our Ebay'ing!

T

train

I personally do more than 2 boxes per set... probably upwards of 4...

But we still get out-spent...:rolleyes:

Even I know this...

M

mythosx

chase your dreams. i'd support you... i just dont like unglued. but id still support you.

N

Nightstalkers

Hey, I'm John and I'm a .\\agic fanatic.

Hello John.

I used to be a good player and minded my P's and Q's all the time. Its just recently that I've been slid out the door by this shop that I've gotten crazed. I've got a copied key to their spare door, I've walked in and bought their most expensive rare they've got from their competitors for 20% less, and I've set up three shops so far to go into direct competition with them.