8th Edition Rollout

T

Troll

Does anyone know when the "pre-release" for 8th is going to be? I know they are hyaving a celebration commemerating 10 yrs of junkie fed card flipping but I can't seem to find out if they're having it close enough for me to go? I have to go you see.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Rooser
Plow Under is awesome in the right situation. Unfortunately, T2 will not be able to deliver that right situation.
I suppose unless you are casting PU on turn 3 it is not nearly as effective...but it is a tempo monster in a much slower environment and Rampant Growth can get it out on turn 4. I think it very well might show up in T2 during the 8th ed. cycle.

T

train

I believe they'll be run the weekend of the 26th or such in July...

We have a 10th anniversary celebration release here in San Angelo, and I believe it is around that time...;)

T

Troll

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear with my question. I know when, does anyone know when they're going to put out a list of where they are going to be held? I can't find the list all I can find is that the locations are going to be disclosed in "Early June". I simply must go to it.

E

EricBess

Ask around at your local shops. It isn't really a pre-release so much as a sneak peak, so it won't be at the convention centers and such.

T

train

My understanding is that as long as a Store is a Premier Store they've been invited to hold one.

If a store has a minimum of 20 players at their regularly sanctioned tourneys, they're invited to hold additional ones... or receive additional supplies ot hold others...

I'd say check the WOTC website for Premier stores and see if some are in your area, otherwise, you may be able to get info from Customer Service, or Organized Play...

"Of course, asking the shop owner when you're playing against him anyway wouldn't hurt..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Updated through Ice Age.

Is it holding true to the spoiler?

Interesting cards coming back... Worship, Coat of Arms (just for you, train ;) )

T

train

just for you
they know I'm just a junkie, waiting for my next high, and what do they do... stick the addiction in a foil-pack with 14 other cards, and ask me to pay 3.29 - normal retail - for it...

Glad i get them for 2.50...;)

R

rkoelsch

yes the spoiler looks to be correct. I haven't found any not listed cards.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I really like the new art for Underworld Dreams, glad they kept the old flavor text as well.

T

train

I'm impressed most by the Underworld Dreams... And that's about it...

R

rkoelsch

Originally posted by Spiderman
Finished through Alpha. Looks like no Mana Drain after all... :(
they think Counterspell is undercosted so I doubt they would think Mana Drain was proper