7th Edition (yet again)

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by NeuroDeus, Jan 5, 2001.

1. NeuroDeus Doctor Wundindlinyg

IN:
    Birds of Paradise
    Drudge Skeletons
    Eastern Paladin
    Elite Archers
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Fallen Angel
    Fog
    Gerrard's Wisdom
    Giant Growth
    Glorious Anthem
    Goblin Hero
    Goblin Matron
    Goblin Raider
    Mahamoti Djinn
    Nightmare
    Northern Paladin
    Orcish Artillery
    Pariah
    Pygmy Pyrosaur
    Serra Angel
    Shivan Dragon
    Southern Paladin
    Western Paladin
    Worship
    Wrath of God

OUT:
    Armageddon
    Cursed Scroll
    Gemstone Mine
    Kindle
    Icy Manipulator
    Incinerate
    Man-'o-War
    Mana Flare
    Mox Diamond
    Nevinyrral's Disk
    Peace of Mind
    Powder Keg
    Royal Assassin
    Shard Phoenix
    Silver Wyvern
    Sorceress Queen

I found this list in the Rumors forum at MTGnews. This is being usually discussed by this guy called "pwrchild" Most of the threads of 7th are his or he is taking great part in them.

"I happen to know every card that will be in 7th Edition and Cursed Scroll is not one of them. Don't believe me if you want but you will see I'm right when the time comes." -pwrchild
  2. Teferi Veteran CPA Member,Capt. Nemo

armageddon...out...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  3. Purple_jester New Member

Armageddon? Out? What's it being replaced with? Then again, there's a whole slew of white power enchantments there, plus Serra Angel. If this list is true, then they're castrating black again. There's nothing remotely worthy of being put in a black deck. Also, this rumor monger seems to place a great emphasis to white cards:

Elite Archers
    Gerrard's Wisdom
    Glorius Anthem
    Northern Paladin
    Pariah
    Serra Angel
    Southern Paladin
    Worship
    Wrath of God

That's a third of the cards listed. Obviously a white player. Not that it matters.

I thought that Geddon was supposed to be on the protected list. Still, as with all rumors, I would take this one with a huge grain of salt. ;)
  4. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

pwrchild is a long time rules guru,And also is a female player.:)
  5. Teferi Veteran CPA Member,Capt. Nemo

[me] takes PJ's huge grain of salt[/me]

armageddon can't leave...i'll belive it's gone when i see it gone
  6. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Ensnaring Bridge will be *insanely* good against Fires.
    Glorious Anthem will give Rebels a huge boost.

But I can't see Armageddon leaving; there's nothing to replace its function, nothing that even comes close.
  7. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

Global Ruin comes close.

Anyway, I don't believe this much. Where did this pwrchild supposedly get this information anyway?
  8. Cateran Emperor Passed On

No, I'm inclined to believe this fellow (lady Neuro?) This, err, person also did the Invasion spoiler for mag2, which was I believe 98% or so accurate in terms of exact wording.
  9. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

I dunno. I'm REALLY skeptical about gedon leaving. It's been a fixture for so long. True, I'd be more skeptical if he said "Counterspell" but nonetheless....
  10. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Well I actually looked on the MTG News message boards to check it out and here is an updated list.

IN:
    City of Brass
    Duress
    IA pain lands
    Megrim
    Mind Rot
    Ostrasize

OUT:
    All other non-basic lands
    Erhnam Djinn
    Sengir Vampire
    Stupor
  11. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

NO.

I will be SO pissed off if they reprint Duress. That card screams 'broken' twelve ways to Tuesday, and never should have been printed in the first place. Reprinting it is a HUGE mistake.
  12. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

Would you rather have something along the lines of "XBB: Bury X enchantments and artifacts. Lose X life."
    This is a mere "B: If you are lucky, you get a disenchant, otherwise, you get nothing and like it. Your opponent will just cast some other enchantment or artifact."

It's mean, but black needs something. How many powerful black decks do you see? Did black tear it up in MM? Did it tear it up in Nem? Black got the Woe in PY...and that's bout it.

o/`...give black a chance...all we are say...in'...o/`
    Sayin? Should I make the obvious DBZ joke here...nah...

If anything, Duress pisses of combo. A good deck (Not the Tier 1 crap deck, a good as in good for the future of Magic, good as in a deck that's fun yet can win.) should have other things to do than morn the loss of one card. Sure, you show your hand too, but WotC is giving us Wandering Eye, so they don't mind. And if you are playing a crappy deck (read: Tier 1/Tourney crap) they downloaded your decklist anyway, so it doesn't matter.
  13. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Duress is not broken. It prevents brokeness. In a non-combo enivrontment, what are you gonna take? against fires, it'll take fires or burst. Not derm, not anythi8ng

FINALLY. Black has a chance again! I WANT duress. It's not broken. It's just good.
  14. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Duress broken? I think not.

Armageddon gone? I hope not.

Then again, we are getting Serra Angel back... and SerraGeddon would be just mean.
  15. Duster Protection from Idiots

sweet sweet mahamoti djinn...
  16. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Yep
    [me] cleans the dust off of his 3 Mahomatis[/me]
    You hear that, boys? It's beatdown time again....
  17. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle...Moti is back in?

Well, now I know how to handle Blastoderm...heh.
  18. DÛke Memento Mori

...Duress exactly "broken"? Duress is just a plain, good card. I know it may "bug" a Blue mage easily, since it can see his or her hand "easily" the first turn, removing almost anything, or most importantly: counters. Though, it's not broken at all. Not at all.
  19. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Duress costs one mana to look through an opponent's hand. If that were all it did, it wouldn't be undercosted. But then you get to take any one card that isn't a creature or land.

Rebels - Crusade, Disenchant, Seal of Cleansing
    Fires - Burst, Fires, Shock, Seal
    U/W Control - Almost anything
    Machinehead - Almost anything

That's WAY, WAY good.
  20. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Duress is only broken in an environment full of broken cards. Besides, black needs SOMETHING.