7th Edition Rumors...

Killer Joe

You betcha sweet bottom that thry're going to reprint: Whirling Catapult. <yuck-yuck> no, wait, Scrapheap. <Ha-ha>
Didn't Rosewater say something to effect of; they always are going to print crappy cards in a core set? How about Brown Ouphe or Cylopean Mummy. And how about Rainbow Vale? ooooooo (Rainbow Vale says: "I wanna be a good card!")
Now, Tradewind Rider and Wall of Blossoms, those are good cards to reprint!!!!!!!

G

Gizmo

D.Alexander Gregory was at UK Gencon signing cards. He told us he had just finished redoing the artwork for Cursed Scroll.

Make of that what you will.

G

Gizmo

Oh, yes, and the FOIL Vampiric Tutors that are currently going around (ie. around $400) have a very interesting feature - they have been the 7th Edition typeface and have been functionally reworded (the lifeloss is not a cost, but an effect).
So it looks like they`ll be back in 7th as well.

C

Crazy Pierre

Here are some of the "staples" we can expect

Blue:
Abjure
Counterspell
Imaginary Pet
Zur's Weirding
Air Elemental
Merfolk of the Pearl Trident

Black
Scathe Zombies
Broken Visage
Minion of the Wastes
Tainted Aether

Red

Okk
Goblin Festival
Lightning Blast
Bedlam

Green
Nature's Resurgeance
Hidden Stag

White
Remembrance
Gerrard's Battle Cry
Illumination

Artifact
Whirling Catapult
Urza's Engine
Xanthic Statue

insert any number of bad cards....

HEre's a message to WOTC
IF YOU WANT US TO BUY IT, PUT GOOD CARDS IN IT!!!!!!

D

Duel

If they reprint replenish I will kill them. Not joking. Dead.

C

Cateran Emperor

Reprint Replenish for me = Never play Magic again with anyone I know who ever played in a tournament (if you know the type, their "casual" decks tend to be netdecks with "a few modifications". That equals 1 less Replenish/Morphling/Masticore and 1 more land :mad: )

H

Hetemti

I sure as hell hope D.A.G. doesn't change the picure too much...it's a classic! That, and I want my three VIIed scrolls to match my Tempest one.

N

NeuroDeus

The latest fresh from the oven rumors...

1) Lobotomy back...
2) No more Prodigal Sorcerer...Zuran Spellcaster instead
3) A white lord possibly Lord of Angels!

H

Hetemti

Today someone saw me trying to teach a friend how to play Magic.

"Hey, do you have the new 'growth' card yet?"
"Which one?" I ask.
"I don't know...I saw it on TV awhile back."
"During wrestiling?"
"Yeah."
"No, that's the 7th edition Giant Growth. That set hasn't been released yet. By the way, was it black bordered (pointing out Radiant) or white bordered? (pointing out a 4th Ed. Shivan)" (Yep. My R/W deck.)
"eh...I don't know."

Good news: The new ads are working.
Bad news: They aren't remembering the important stuff!

K

KBeta

I have tried to compile a list of cards that have been in every basic set (alpha, beta, unlim., Rev., 4th, 5th, 6th).

So which ones will live to see 7th?

Blue (12): Air Elemental, Counterspell, Flight, Lord of Atlantis, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Phantasmal Terrain, Power Sink, Prodigal Sorcerer, Psychic Venom, Spell Blast, Unsummon, Wall of Air.

White (15): Animate Wall, Armageddon, Castle, COP's (5), Crusade, Disenchant, Healing Salve, Reverse Damage, Samite Healer, Wall of Swords, Wrath of God.

Green (16): Birds of Paradise, Elvish Archers, Fog, Giant Growth, Giant Spider, Gizzly Bears, Hurricane, Living Lands, Llanowar Elves, Regeneration, Shanodin Dryads, Stream of Life, Thicket Basilisk, Tranquility, Verduran Enchantress, Wild Growth.

Red (10): Earthquake, Firebreathing, Flashfires, Goblin King, Manabarbs, Orcish Artillery, Orcish Oriflamme, Shatter, Stone Rain, Wall of Fire.

Black (10): Bog Wraith, Drudge Skeletons, Fear, Howl from Beyond, Nightmare, Pestilence, Raise Dead, Scathe Zombies, Terror, Zombie Master.

Artifacts (16): Ankh of Mishra, Crystal Rod, Dingus Egg, Disrupting Sceptor, Glasses of Urza, Howling Mine, Iron Star, Ivory Cup, Jade Monolith, Jayemdae Tome, Meekstone, Rod of Ruin, Soul Net, The Hive, Throne of Bone, Wooden Sphere.

D

Duel

All very good. nNot very exciting. When they reprint shadow, I'll be excited. oh, and I heard they were reprinting shock.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll be waiting a long time then, Duel, since shadow was probably just a Rath Cycle mechanic... :)