7th Edition Rumors...

N

NeuroDeus

Prior to what Zadok001 posted I gathered around all rumors concerning 7th Edition...

The cards that are in :

Giant Growth (new picture, appears on 7th Ed Commercial)
Drudge Skeletons (appears on 7th Ed Commercial)
Goblin Hero (appears on 7th Ed Commercial)

And the cards Dan Frazier posted as having painted the pictures for :

Elite Archers
Goblin Matron
Orcish Artillery
Pygmy Pyrosaur

And now to the rumors...

1) Serra Angel - Different Mana cost (+1 colorless) same abilites. Probabilities be it will be different (diff. name, diff. pic, diff. rarity (rare of course).

2) Goblin King and Lord of Atlantis - no more in the set. Changed with Goblin General and Merfolk General. Each of the last giving +2/+2 to the attacking Goblins/Merfolks. The Goblin General already appeared in Portal.

3) Some more reprints from the sets Mirage and Tempest.

If I remeber more rumors I will add them down here...

T

Thrash Golem

i heard cursed scroll was going to be reprinted in 7th. it may be way overpowered, but they did reprint hammer of bogardan and vampiric tutor, didnt they?

N

NeuroDeus

On what I heard Cursed Scroll was definitely NOT going to be reprinted in 7th Edition...

Anybody remembers the Sliver Queen (most of you do)... I heard about the promo going out a bit before 7th Ed.

I

Istanbul

Contamination, Pyromancy, Replenish, Child of Gaea, and Morphling are all being reprinted in 7th Edition, to keep the interest of the secondary market.

E

ErinPuff

Is it legal to change mana costs if the original cost wasn't a mistake (like that elf or something..)?

E

ErinPuff

I just re-read the rumor and saw that it included "different name"..

so, neeeever mind.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I swear that if Morphling is reprinted I will quit. This isn't a joke. I will leave all my green cards to Multani, and my others to Apollo. I HATE THAT SOB

Y

Y The Alien

First. They only reprint REAL crads, not new things in Editions, so no new Serra. Sweet heaven they will NEVER reprint Scroll. I pray they never reprint Morphling.

REAL Info: Rath Cycle rares, commons uncommons from Urza Block, and likely rares, as all Urza cards go on the reserve list unless they're reprinted.

M

mogg bomber

Reprinting Morphling would have to be one of the stupidest things Wizards could do, and I really doubt that they'd do that. Honestly, I can't wait to get rid of the Urza block so I never have to see the thing in a type 2 blue deck again. The only rumors I've heard about 7th edition are that the cards are black bordered, and that there are foils in the set.

T

The Magic Jackal

Power artifacts

5th: Jester cap (iceage)
6th: grinning totem (mirage)
7th: Cursed scroll? (tempest)

That would follow the pattern of having the power artifact from the standalone set.But then in 8th it would have to be a power artifact from urza's saga, what would that be? Mishra's helix??

T

Thrash Golem

well, in my opinion the most powerful artifact from saga is voltaic key.

i'd think they would reprint phyrexian colossus or maybe, masticore (aaaaaaaahh nooooo)

Y

Y The Alien

Cap and Totem are no where NEAR the brokenness of Scroll. 3 cards or repeatable colorless direct damage?

I

Istanbul

Power artifact from Urza's Cycle?

Either Masticore or Grim Monolith. Easy.

T

The Magic Jackal

Not from urza's cycle, from urza's saga. Key wouldn't necessiarly be better. Without monolith and such, It's not nearly as good. Think of it in masques block:

I'll tap my tooth of ramos, pay one to untap it, then tap it again. Wait a second, I don't gain anything by doing that :(

See? Morpling and masticore will not be reprinted, probably ever. Morpling turned blue into a beat down color, something it's not suppose to be. Masticore is just extremely broken. Scroll wouldn't be too bad, IMHO.

A

arhar

I heard they are reprinting Lighting Bolt as a rare with a different name.

And also, I read interview with Maro where he personally APOLOGIZED for Morphling and Masticore. So probably that won't get reprinted. ;)

N

Neo_Keo

I like to put Morphling on my dart board well you get the picture. - BULLSEYE :D:D:D

T

The Magic Jackal

Arhar: They only reprint cards that were actually made in the editions. They don't change the name or cc or anything, although I do believe they have changed the rarity a couple of times

C

Cateran Emperor

Not exactly (only 1 white in cc) but still, that's probably what it is. I heard that either Cursed Scroll OR Mox Diamond WILL be in 7th, and i'd think Scroll the more likely of the 2.

On another note, did anyone else see the new Giant Growth art? All I can say is, cool. It's quite good (better than the 5/6th one for sure)

As for Goblin/Merfolk general, I could sort of see that. Any specifics necesarily on the cards themselves? I'd like to know if they're replacing the classic Kings with something good (what about Zombie Master?)

J

JKA2545

Why does everyone hate Morphling? I love Morphling! I mean, the people I play against might not like him, but...Oh, dear, I just answered my own question....

A

Apollo

Arhar: reprinting Bolt as a rare with a different name is one of the stupidest things they could possibly do. Then, everybody would have 8 Bolts in their deck. 12 if you count Incinerates.

I think Bolt is not broken, just good. But having 8 of them, well...