7th edition rumor...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I was asking if the decks you can build right now and add a Cursed Scroll would be competitive with other decks right now.

I mean, basically you pretend Cursed Scroll is available right now, build the decks, and play them against the current decks. Would they do well? Better? Worse? That's all I was asking... (of course, forgetting about other cards that would change the environment also with Cursed Scroll). If they do worse to moderately the same, then there's no reason why Cursed Scroll can't be included. If they still crush the current decks, then it probably shouldn't be included.

I know alot of the is moot from the 7th list in General and that it appears that Cursed Scroll is not on the list, but this is basically what I'd say to ANY card that might come back and have had such an impact in the past.

Z

Zadok001

Here's a question for ya'... It just occurred to me that, since Urza's block appears to be open game for reprints, this is the last chance for Greater Good to be reprinted!!!

What use would it be right now in the current environment? You'd better believe some people would drop it in Fires to take advantage of dying Derms and makes Bursts into amazing engines. Even Chimeric Idol becomes more impressive when used in conjunction with Greater Good. So, guys, whadda you think? Do I have a chance?

F

fuzzy510

I've heard that Greater Good will be in 7th too!

[me]snickers because he knows that he hasn't heard that rumor at all and just wants to make Zadok happy.[/me]

D

Duel

I actually would LOVE to see it come back. How often ha the phrase "Wrath of god" made the stompy creature, who you paid for fair and square, dead weight? or just plain dead? Greater good fixes it. Also, blastoderm w/ a teferi's moat in play will no longer suck quite so badly.

F

fuzzy510

Yeah, Chimeric Idol and Greater Good is scary. However, I think that might be the reason that only one of them makes it into 7th. And since (no offense Zadok) I don't know many people who use Greater Good, I think that Chimeric Idol might make it in instead of Greater Good. Sorry Zadok.

D

Duel

Yeah. I hope they don't reprint worship, though. That's TOO good.

C

Cateran Emperor

I have it posted in the general forum. It'll be under something about Planeshift and 7th.