7th Edition Partial spoiler - 203 cards!

A

Apollo

First off, welcome! Don't feel like you're stepping on anyone's toes; the more the merrier!

Second, 7th (an odd choice of words there, eh?:)): looks good. I like the new black stuff, and abundance of powerful but not too powerful cards. In fact, a lot of the cards seem like the kind of thing we were asking for in the expansions: not broken, but good enough to be powerful. Examples include Death, the Bridge, Force Spike, etc. However, I'm scared to see how rarity is done. In 6th, some cards were jacked up in rarity (River Boa, for example). I'm half-afraid that all of the good stuff, like Duress and Wall of Blossoms and Edict will suddenly be rares.

Here's hoping I'm just paranoid...

S

shade2k1

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but here's some more cards rumored to be in:

Abyssal Horror
Dakmor Lancer
Gaea's Blessing
Gorilla Chieftain
Hill Giant
Living Death (forgot it on the revised list)
Mawcor
Priest of Titania

And, apparently, these are NOT in:

Exploration
Horn of Greed

G

Gerode

Hill Giant! Yay!

I'm hoping 7th Ed will increase my chances of being able to afford a Coat of Arms or two. Propaganda, Wall of Souls, Worship, and Thorny are very nice, too.

D

Duel

Good. Black needs all the help it can get. With skirge and duress, it MIGHT be decent.

Gerrard's Wisdom?
Propoganda?

Okay, start with 4 of each. Sprinkle teferi's moats, counterspells, and absorbs. Add a millstone and stir well.

If PoT is coming back, I'm happy. Rumors about cycling out elves are obviously wrong.

I HOPE living death doesn't come back.

Serra angel? Mahomati? I'm in heaven!

But most of all, I love black. It's deserves to be the fastest color. and with SKittering Skirge, Ostracize, Duress, And unholy strength, it may well dominate. I wish.

Gaea's blessing is coming back! No way! That was a blue card! Gaea's blessing and Sylvan Library and Survival of the Fittest and Oath of druids were all blue! As long as one of them is coming back, I'm happy! I can play green again!(BTW, doesn't worry bead RULE with blessing? Don't pop my delusion bubble.)

(A quick note about the portal cards: Breath of life is good. Sleight of Hand, however, is GREAT. As an instant. As is, Opt is better. The others..... are, uh, boring. Sorry)

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by shade2k1
I'm not sure how reliable this is, but here's some more cards rumored to be in:

Abyssal Horror
Dakmor Lancer
Gaea's Blessing
Gorilla Chieftain
Hill Giant
Living Death (forgot it on the revised list)
Mawcor
Priest of Titania

And, apparently, these are NOT in:

Exploration
Horn of Greed
WHEW! Thought so.

Could you tell me what Dakmor Lancer is?

I do NOT want to see Gaea's Blessing come back. It's broken in every way...just two mana, shuffles three cards back in, and removes a win condition just by being IN a deck.

Priest of Titania, on the other hand... :D

L

Lotus Mox

Dakmor Lancer is a more expensive Nekrataal from Starter:

Dakmor Lancer 4BB
Creature- Knight
When Dakmor Lancer comes into play, destroy target nonblack creature.
3/3

S

shade2k1

These 2 are a little iffy, but I figured I'd pass along the knowledge anyway.

Serra Zealot
Will-o'-the-Wisp

Enjoy!

L

Lotus Mox

Why would they print Serra Zealot and Eager Cadet in the same set?
That would be weird.
Maybe they're just printing Serra Zealot instead of Tundra Wolves and don't put in Eager Cadet.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Priest of Titania + Elvish Champion + Coat of Arms + all those other elves we love = fun in the new T2.

S

shade2k1

Whew! Busy day today! Here's some more:

Exploration (IS in, but no Horn of Greed)
Spined Wurm
Chorus of Woe (never heard of this one before; must be Portal/Starter)
Phantom Warrior
Touch of Death
Terror
Scaled Wurm
Scoria Wurm
Priest of Gix (Ritual replacement)

D

Duel

REPLACEMENT? NO FRIGGIN WAY!

They WILL reprint Dark Rituals.....
Please.....

C

Chaos Turtle

Chorus of Woe is a crappy Portal 2 / Starter sorcery that gives your creature +1/+0 until end of turn, for B.

I

Istanbul

Ummm...you remember that Dark Ritual is still in Masques, right?

Swamp, Ritual, Priest, Priest, Priest, Priest, Rathi Intimidator, go...

Worse yet....

Equilibrium and two Stormscape/Thunderscape Familiars in play...

Tap Swamp, play Priest. Pay B, return Priest. Net gain: +1 black mana.

Infinite mana combo BAD!

T

theorgg

Even though there are a FEW cards that need to be brought from the Portal sets(like Trained Me!), I don't think they should bring flavour cards(such as the Daakmor lancer) that linked to the story. The 2/2 flying for the same cost, 4BB, seems to be a better lesson.

Also-- Mawcor is the tow headed Willow-Dragon looking thing flying in the air. No doubt about it.
God in Heaven, I love that card! sweetness!

Severed Edition will not cut the head off of Magic afterall!

well, unless they tamper w/ the rules... :mad:

by the way: reserection was taken OOP due to it's imagry-- a psychadelic scene with a priest getting somthing pulled out of his robe by a scantily clad woman. Breath of Life is better, anyway, so no worries.

Sic Semper,

T

Teferi

was it just me or was crusade not there? is Wotc "replacing" it w/ glorius antheum?

(BTW if i'm totally wrong it's cause this is the first real 7th spoiler i've read

B

Baron Sengir

I'm not going to be megalomaniacal about this but ...

Remember when 6th rolled out and I was always going on about how Serra, Shivan and Mahamoti were not overpriced and should be re-included? Thank God they're back.

I remain
The Baron
Much dancing in the endzone

H

Hetemti

"by the way: reserection was taken OOP due to it's imagry-- a psychadelic scene with a priest getting somthing pulled out of his robe by a scantily clad woman. Breath of Life is better, anyway, so no worries."

Like Wizards gives a crap about art...note the comic book scribblings that have replaced good art in recent sets. Besides, they changed all the art for 7th anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Along the same lines as Hetemti (except the opinion that current art is worse than previous art ;)), why couldn't they have just redid the art? And keep the same casting cost? Was 2 white too prohibitive?

R

rkoelsch

I think they are making a consious effort to legitimize the portal cards. They already had the time and money involved with creating them and they are looking at getting some return.