7th Edition Partial spoiler - 203 cards!

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by shade2k1, Feb 13, 2001.

1. shade2k1 New Member

Hey, guys! This is my first time venturing this board, so I decided I'd bring a little present with me! I've been a regular on Mtgnews for some time now, but due to the current state of things over there (spammers), I'm looking to start posting on a new site! I see from perusing this board that Cateran Emperor has been the resident 7th Edition informer around here, but I have a few cards from some pretty reliable sources that have not been posted here yet, so I decided to share. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, so if anyone has any probs with my posting this stuff, just LMK. The cards with question marks by them are "unconfirmed (from a less reliable source)." Thanks to NeuroDeus for referring me here!

WHITE (44)
    Angelic Page
    Breath of Life
    Castle
    Circle of Protection: Black
    Circle of Protection: Blue
    Circle of Protection: Green
    Circle of Protection: Red
    Circle of Protection: White
    Cloudchaser Eagle
    Crossbow Infantry
    Disenchant
    Eager Cadet
    Elite Archers
    Gerrard's Wisdom
    Glorious Anthem
    Healing Salve
    Heavy Ballista
    Holy Strength
    Honor Guard
    Kjeldoran Royal Guard
    Knight Errant
    Knighthood
    Northern Paladin
    Pacifism
    Pariah
    Razorfoot Griffin
    Reprisal
    Reverse Damage
    Rolling Stones
    Sacred Ground
    Sacred Nectar
    Samite Healer
    Serra Angel
    Shield Wall
    Skyshroud Falcon
    Southern Paladin
    Spirit Link
    Standing Troops
    Staunch Defenders
    Sunweb
    Venerable Monk
    Wall of Swords
    Worship
    Wrath of God

BLUE (27)
    Air Elemental
    Benthic Behemoth
    Boomerang
    Confiscate
    Coral Merfolk
    Counterspell
    Daring Apprentice
    Deflection
    Equilibrium
    Evacuation
    Force Spike
    Glacial Wall
    Inspiration
    Lord of Atlantis
    Mahamoti Djinn
    Mawcor
    Memory Lapse
    Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
    Opposition
    Propaganda
    Remove Soul
    Sleight of Hand
    Steal Artifact
    Thieving Magpie
    Twiddle
    Unsummon
    Wall of Air

BLACK (34)
    Abyssal Horror
    Abyssal Specter
    Bereavement
    Blood Pet
    Bog Imp
    Dark Banishing
    Dakmor Lancer
    Diabolic Edict
    Drudge Skeletons
    Duress
    Eastern Paladin
    Fallen Angel
    Foul Imp
    Giant Cockroach
    Greed
    Howl from Beyond
    Living Death
    Megrim
    Mind Rot
    Necrologia
    Nightmare
    Ostracize
    Persecute
    Rag Man
    Raise Dead
    Revenant
    Scathe Zombies
    Skittering Skirge
    Soul Feast
    Stronghold Assassin
    Unholy Strength
    Wall of Souls
    Western Paladin
    Yawgmoth's Edict

RED (37)
    Aether Flash
    Blaze
    Boil
    Crimson Hellkite
    Disorder
    Earthquake
    Fervor
    Fire Elemental
    Flashfires
    Goblin Digging Team
    Goblin Chariot
    Goblin Hero
    Goblin King
    Goblin Matron
    Goblin Raider
    Goblin Spelunkers
    Granite Grip
    Hill Giant
    Inferno
    Lava Axe
    Lightning Blast
    Orcish Artillery
    Orcish Oriflamme
    Pillage
    Pygmy Pyrosaur
    Pyrotechnics
    Raging Goblin
    Ravenous Baboons
    Sabretooth Tiger
    Shatter
    Shivan Dragon
    Shock
    Spitting Earth
    Stone Rain
    Tremor
    Wall of Fire
    Wildfire

GREEN (37)
    Anaconda
    Ancient Silverback
    Birds of Paradise
    Blanchwood Armor
    Bull Hippo
    Creeping Mold
    Elvish Archers
    Elvish Champion
    Elvish Lyrist
    Femeref Archers
    Fog
    Gaea’s Blessing
    Giant Growth
    Gorilla Chieftain
    Grizzly Bears
    Hurricane
    Llanowar Elves
    Lone Wolf
    Lure
    Maro
    Might of Oaks
    Nature's Resurgence
    Plow Under
    Priest of Titania
    Reclaim
    Rowen
    Shanodin Dryads
    Stream of Life
    Thorn Elemental
    Tranquility
    Treefolk Seedlings
    Verdant Force
    Verduran Enchantress
    Wall of Blossoms
    Wild Growth
    Wing Snare
    Yavimaya Enchantress

ARTIFACT (28)
    Aladdin's Ring
    Bottle gnomes
    Caltrops
    Charcoal Diamond
    Coat of Arms
    Crystal Rod
    Defense Grid
    Dingus Egg
    Disrupting Scepter
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Fire Diamond
    Flying Carpet
    Grapeshot Catapult
    Iron Star
    Ivory Cup
    Jayemdae Tome
    Marble Diamond
    Meekstone
    Millstone
    Moss Diamond
    Phyrexian Colossus
    Sky Diamond
    Spellbook
    Storm Cauldron
    Teferi's Puzzle Box
    Throne of Bone
    Wooden Sphere
    Worn Powerstone

LAND (6)
    Adarkar Wastes
    Brushland
    City of Brass
    Karplusan Forest
    Sulfurous Springs
    Underground River
  2. FoundationOfRancor The Gunslinger

But Treefolk Elemental isnt a card.
  3. shade2k1 New Member

You're right. I meant Treefolk Seedlings, and forgot to delete Treefolk elemental when I retyped it. Oh, and Raise Dead, Ancient Silverback, and Air Elemental are in, as well.
  4. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Ho-lee crap.

Cloudchaser Eagle - COOL! Very handy to have around.
    Gerrard's Wisdom - Holy crap. O.O The days of playing one card and gaining 14 life are back...
    Pariah - Hoo boy. Cho-Pariah is back...
    Rolling Stones - YEAH! Theme deck in the house! :)
    Serra Angel - WOO-HOO!!! Serra's back! Show me the soulless bastard that didn't miss her. :)
    Worship - Pariah, Worship...anyone sense some serious power in white?

Confiscate - Cool! This was one of my favorite cards, and still is. :)
    Equilibrium - OH CRAP! Ummm...Equilibrium + Sawtooth Loon = WAY TOO GOOD.
    Force Spike - YES! Dude, I have *so* missed this card...Gives U/W a much better fighting chance to establish control. (Hell, might even enable a mono-blue deck!)
    Mahamoti Djinn - See Serra Angel. :)
    Opposition - Uh oh. No. Bad. Opposition never should have been printed. Picture this alongside Rith or some other token maker...
    Sleight of Hand- Don't you mean Sleight of Mind?
    Tradewind Rider - I hope not. :/

Diabolic Edict - YES! Yesyesyes. Black *needs* this card in a big way.
    Duress - I still say this card is dangerous, but I've presented my reasons why, so...
    Living Death - Crap. I just *know*someone is gonna find a way to abuse this in Type II.
    Unholy Strength - I'm telling you...black suicide is on its way back. Just you watch.

Didn't see much in red that surprised me.

Might of Oaks - Keen! I always liked this card, and I'm glad to see it's coming back.
    Wall of Blossoms - Mother of Ghod...does anyone else see the problems with this, gaters, and Equilibrium being in Type II at the same time?!

Bottle Gnomes - Again, quite nifty. :) I see Type II slowing down again as Bottle Gnomes provide a blocker and a source of life.
    Coat of Arms - YESSS!! Theme decks are coming back in force...this was the last card I needed to see to makemy Type II Zombie deck worthwhile!
    Ensnaring Bridge - Oof. I can definitely see this being used in conjunction with a possible new deck, Type II Burn. I'm already hard at work on it.

7th Edition looks kewl. :)
  5. shade2k1 New Member

Actually, it IS Sleight of HAND. It's a Portal/Starter card. There are quite a few of 'em lurking around. Also in: Unsummon (the Lightning Dragon pic is of this card).
  6. NeuroDeus Doctor Wundindlinyg

You got to work already :) !! You should have done some kind of entrance speech in the New Members forum... I welcome you here :)
  7. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

I hate to be a pain, but I don't buy Portal/Starter...don't consider it to be Magic. Could you give me the card texts for the following cards?

Breath of Life
    Eager Cadet
    Knight Errant
    Sacred Nectar

Sleight of Hand

Mind Rot

Goblin Chariot
  8. Lotus Mox New Member

Breath of Life 3W
    Sorcery
    return target creature card from your graveyard to PLAY

Eager cadet W
    Creature-Soldier
    1/1

Knight Errant 1W
    Creature-Knight
    2/2

Sacred Nectar 1W
    Sorcery
    You gain 4 life.
    (I guess Sothing Balm was broken)

Sleight of Hand U
    Sorcery
    Look at the top two cards of your library and choose one. Put that card into your hand and the other one on the bottom of your library.

Mind Rot 2B
    Sorcery
    Target player chooses and discards two cards from his or her hand.
    (It's not 100% worse than Stupor because you can target yourself with this ;) )

Goblin Chariot 2R
    Creature-Goblin
    Haste
    2/2

I think white got really shafted in the weenie department, and was life gain so broken that it has to get continually worse? I think not. :mad:
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Doesn't Breath of Life have the same wording as Resurrection? Was there a problem with the name or cc (yeah, I know there's other cards out there like that. I think Isty had a trivia question on them)?
  10. Purple_jester New Member

For an early post, this is very nice. Informative. Peachy (1GG). I'm glad you don't spam, but I hope you'll be lenient with the few professional spammers here. They serve to keep the info pool moist and juicy. Mmm...

Some comments...

This may be the best basic set since Revised Edition. The balance of cards seems geared towards developing new deck types, especially those which include swamps. I'd love to see how much of a lure Duress, Diabolic Edict and Living Death will be for prospective Black players.

I do pray that the basic set will establish new archtypes. I WILL miss other cards, like my tutors, River Boa, Hammer, Geddon... Still, I've got high hopes for this set. So high that as soon as this list is confirmed, I will purchase my first basic set cards in years.
  11. shade2k1 New Member

I'm now hearing that Exploration and Horn of Greed are in, as well. Interesting...
  12. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Sorry. I'm gonna have to scream 'bullsh!t' on that one. Take one of the most abusive combos in Extended today, and put all the necessary elements into Type II except Fastbond? I don't buy it. I'd be *far* more likely to believe that Horn of Greed would come in than Exploration.
  13. Baskil CPA Member

I will welcome Exploration with welcome arms. (It is the one missing ingredient to my combo deck. Of course, the other stuff has to be reprinted too (Early Harvest, Prosperity, Recall))
  14. Sidar Jabari CPA BritBoy

I've just spotted the themes of Seventh and also most other sets and the moment.

1) Cheap casting cost cards are reduced in power
    2) Common cards are reduced in power

Bear in mind that this is only a GENERALISATION. It doesn't hold true for every card, I'm just saying that it's a definate trend.

Bearing in mind that most players favourate expansion was Visions (It's main components being undercosted minor effects and a very good commmon base) this trend does not bode well for Magic and also for Magic players who can't afford the power cards (like myself) and who like to play with mainly, if not exclusively, commons and uncommons.

Still, they've got some things right (Duress, Diabolic Edict, getting rid of out of flavour cards like'geddon etc..)

Still hoping it's black bordered!
  15. Nyx New Member

Am I the only one who wishes that they'd take the COPs out of the basic set? Between Story Circle, Prismatic Circle, Rhystic Circle, and all the others, they have so many choices that are more likely to be used and that would only take up one slot, now White's still got 5 slots hogged by cards that rarely get used. All the less now that the game's shifting away from mono-color decks to multi's. At least white doesn't have to suffer through both the COPs and the Wards.

BTW Shade2k1: Welcome!
  16. Daggertooth The Rune Master

Hi Shade,

Nice to see you here.

I hope exploration isn't in there. Fires could get a possible one turn boost. A turn 3 Saproling Burst with hast would be Devistating against everything.

Daggertooth
  17. shade2k1 New Member

The spoiler has been revised.
  18. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

ahh, i hope coat of arms is in 7th, it'll make it that much easier to get 2 for my sliver deck
  19. Cateran Emperor Passed On

Hi-oh Shade, haven't seen you since I left the MTGNews boards back in July or so! Good to have another person here to work with on the spoiler. :cool:
  20. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Hiya, Shade! Nameless aka Nivelimac here. :) Welcome in, good to see you here.

All I'll say is... THANK GOD FOR DIABOLIC EDICT! I've been playing Black since Invasion was released and getting my head handed to me. It wasn't pretty.