7th Edition Packing Information

E

ErinPuff

Me? Need land? Naaaaaah... (I used to need land.. and then I bought a starter box of Invasion. Now I have land coming out every orifice)

A

Apollo

Me? Need land? Naaaaaah... (I used to need land.. and then I bought a starter box of Invasion. Now I have land coming out every orifice)
Now that I want to see.;)

[Oh! Behave! (and get me tickets, too!) -Orgg]

I

Istanbul

That's why Ghod made Ex-Lax.

Seriously, though. I've got so much basic land that I literally can't find anyplace to put it anymore. I've thought of selling it, but I really get nothing out of it, and I might actually WANT it someday, so...

H

Hetemti

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but only if the lands are black bordered.

C

cbearsbro

Originally posted by ErinPuff
I knew I'd regret being one of a few girls on here someday.. ;)
Awww. but we likes ya :)Just makes your comment a bit more interesting than normal s'all ;)

Wonder why there aren't more girls into Magic? Heck, my gf is the one that got us into this whole thing in the first place. D&D was a dud, but this... well.. ACK! :eek: So, that's where all the money goes. As my comic shop seller told me, "With comics you have a set amount you buy each week/month. With Magic, you could buy it everyday." Like he had to tell me that? :p

C

cbearsbro

To stay on topic though (Heh, forgot :p ErinPuff distracted me. S'all her fault.. yeah. that's the ticket.... ;)), I'd only want the basic land in the booster if it was a 16 card deck for the same price. $3.29 (that's normal, right?) for 15 playing cards is one thing. But to take out a spell/creature even if is common for one land card? Not a good trade IMO.

You'd think WOC would've thought of the all land booster idea a long time ago. Way to go R&D/sales :p

It'll be interesting to see what they do come up with in terms of theme decks. Think a normal tournament pack for a "basic set" would make more sense though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, $3.29 is normal NOW. Back in the day it started out as a whole 80 cents less! That's right, you could have gotten 15 cards for $2.49! Fallen Empires and 11 card boosters (like Alliances) for less! :)

There was a discussion on women in Magic a while back; if you're really interested, you could a search in here or CPA/Magic Issues, can't remember which.

H

Hetemti

Good News/Bad news.
A not too distant mall shoppe opened up that tries to sell Magic cards opened up. Note my use of the word TRIES. I'm not buying Planeshift for $4.00 each. $3.29, I'd grab a fist full, but NO MORE. Instead, I got 4th Ed. for $3.00. Land Tax is some good. Volcanic Eruption's another story...

J

Jaws10387

Around here you can usually get 15 card boosters from as far back as Ice Age for $3 at a good shop. The only shop that sells for more is the pokefreak downtown who raised his prices to $3.29 for as far back as Mercadian Masques. He sells FALLEN EMPIRES for $2! He had to ask my friend for prices on stuff when he bought the shop. And if you want to trade in cards you must wait a week while he has someone check prices for him.
note: this is the major kid's store, for candy, sportscards ect.
(around 1.5 miles)

At the store farther away, you can get whatever set you want and trade in cards for reasonable amounts of money. This place has a guy who is always there solely for magic.
note: this place is the regional comic shop with a ton of magic: the gathering.
(around 4 miles)

If you don't care about distance, you can go to major shops where there are multiple tournies weekly. Prices are slightly higher, but Bostons PT players hang around there.
note: it's Your Move Games in Somerville
(Around 10 miles from Reading, MA)