2007 CPA Notables

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
After reading some of the old Notable threads (last year's, mainly), I noticed that Spidey wanted to get rid of some of the awards. Shall we discuss this and determine a ballot now since November is 4 weeks (give or take) away?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

How about getting rid of the best combo player - best control player - best aggro player and make "Best Forum Player" & "Best IRL Player"

Also, what about:
~King of the CPA
~Most likely to post naked
~Most annoying
~Most friendly
~Hall of Fame - new category
:confused: :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
New ones I'd like to see:
Most Annoying (I'm not sure if anyone, besides me and the occasional spybot, really spams on a continuous basis anymore. This seems to be more in line with what the past winner have been winning it for)
Best Deck Designer (We have a Homemade Card designer award and a best Best Deck Advice award. I propose that we change "Best Deck Ideas" award to this)
Best Forum Player (A good idea from KJ. I'm noticing most of our efforts have recently gone here, anyway.)
Worst Forum Player (Why not? :p)
Most Friendly
Most Helpful (The previous Most Friendliest and Helpful award seems to have always gone to the right person, though I admit that these are two very different things. You can be a jerk and be helpful, or be friendly and useless.)

The ones I'd like to keep are:
CPA King
Best Entrance
Best Game in Games Run Forum
Best New Person in the Last Year
Dest Deck Advice
Best Homemade Card Designer (only if there has been activity in the HC forum)
Most Outspoken
Best Writer
MTG Mascot
Most Intelligent
CPA Legend
Most Spirited
Funniest

What I'd like to see leave)
Old but Goodie (CPA legend has kinda fallen into this vein, now. No point for two of the same awards)
CPA Spammer (Most Annoying can replace this)
Best Deck Ideas (Best Deck Designer can replace this)
Best Sig (How much effort is put into this, anymore? I think most of us have had the same sig for years. Spidey has been winning this award left and right (rightfully so) for doing no work since making that sig.)

These ones I think are more like superlatives than awards. Even though I have won some of these, I can live without these awards.
Most Likely to Post While Naked
Most Likely to Become Famous for non-Magic reasons
Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour
Most Likely to be the Control Nut
Most Likely to be the Beatdown Guy
Most Likely to be the Combo Freak

Best Entrance: I think this needs to stay. I (kinda) encourages those posting on the thread to generate some entertaining stuff while Spidey is being lazy.

CPA Mascot: Theorgg will win it again, but he deserves it. :D

Best IRL player: How can we vote on this? :confused:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Also, Can we have suggestions or nominations for the awards.... Things like "Best new person in last year" can use some info on who qualifies and the best game category could use some info.... this way we can post our favs and politic for them.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I don't see why not, though I think nominations could be limited to just a few awards.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I was thinking more like suggestions or observations, not really nominations....

Can we add "Most Informative" for the poster who gives the most useful information

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I propose that Spidey determine which awards we have and which not to have, since he's the one in charge of this anyway.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

We need the one with most crack!... I mean umm... Coat...

sheesh...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't want to be a dictator... input from you guys is always good :)

Here's my thoughts:

In general, I guess the (slight) problem is that we have a pretty stagnant member pool. Categories that might work in a more activity-posting forum doesn't work too well here, like "CPA King" or "MTG Mascot". So here's the categories that I think we should keep that are still pertinent:

Best Entrance
Best New Person in the Last Year
Best Deck Advice
CPA Legend
Funniest

Here's the categories that could stay if we had more activity to gauge from people:

CPA King
Best Game in Games Run Forum
Best Homemade Card Designer (only if there has been activity in the HC forum)
Most Outspoken
Best Writer
MTG Mascot
Most Intelligent
Most Spirited
Funniest
Best Sig
Most Likely to Post While Naked
Most Likely to Become Famous for non-Magic reasons
Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour
Most Likely to be the Control Nut
Most Likely to be the Beatdown Guy
Most Likely to be the Combo Freak

I agree that these can be removed:

Old but Goodie
CPA Spammer
Best Deck Ideas

Categories that I could see added:

Best Forum Player
Worst Forum Player

I don't really like Most Annoying; it may be in fun, but with the small memberbase, it really amounts to someone we already know.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
I don't really like Most Annoying; it may be in fun, but with the small memberbase, it really amounts to someone we already know.
Ransac is just trying to pad his awards......

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul said:
To make sure that I win Worst Forum Player, I should play a game against Ransac and lose...

And we can, as soon as we can start the next round of the tourney.... which means that the second round has to end......

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, signups for ballots havce officially started today. Anyone posting after this gets a ballot.