Search results

  1. Oversoul

    Casual Players Hating Blue(again)

    I just so happen to have an old T2 Draw-Go decklist I decided to dig up. It has as a countermagic base... 4 Counterspell 4 Forbid 4 Force Spike 3 Dismiss 2 Rewind 2 Mana Leak There are some sideboard slots dedicated to Hyrdroblast and stuff too, but I am only counting the maindeck. Yes, it's...
  2. Oversoul

    Multi-player games

    Once, two friends who didn't have decks with them spontaneously split my 150 card highlander deck into thirds and played a game with them. I eventually won because my remaining only remaining opponent decked himself by trying to play Mangara's Tome twice and having it hit immediately by a...
  3. Oversoul

    Casualising the Pattern deck

    I do not think Krovikan Horror was reprinted (but I am not positive).
  4. Oversoul

    Casual Players Hating Blue(again)

    I was throwing 20 out as a maximum. 25-30 was the range given earlier and I mentioned that I've never seen so many in a deck that worked. 12 is pretty low for something as controlling as Forbidian, but I can picture it. I don't have my Forbidian deck anymore, but I think I would typically use...
  5. Oversoul

    Help with a R/B Punishment deck. BB: Sac 4 creatures?

    Oh, then I got mixed up. I know it's possible though, as I did it once with Relentless Pony... Yeah, Mindslaver + Sliver Queen + Donate. :p
  6. Oversoul

    Word Association V1.1

    Acme (Too few characters again! Spidey, if you're worried about people posting just "LOL" and stuff too much in serious threads, I understand--but if you aren't, then I would suggest just lowering the minimum character thing to one since threads like this one will run into that thing a lot.)
  7. Oversoul

    CPA Expansion Project -- expansion size

    There is an issue that should be resolved before we get to the next phase of this project. And that issue is the size, in terms of card quantity, of the set we are working on. We don't necessarily need to make this in keeping with recent expansions. We also don't have to deviate from that if we...
  8. Oversoul

    The CPA Expansion Project, Step 3.02--Brainstorming Redux

    My thoughts... 1. There are tons of options for a world to build off. We only need to choose one. Personally, I am unsure on this one. I hope others have more ideas here... 2. I don't know if it's for the best to have a rough draft of the storyline at this point. If others feel I am wrong...
  9. Oversoul

    Ravager-Affinity "Replenished"?

    Spidey: it depends on the format. Wasn't Goblin Lackey banned in Extended?
  10. Oversoul

    D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

    [It's "deity." "E" before "i" no matter what your teacher said!]
  11. Oversoul

    The question of questions: What is casual?

    Well, you did say "most." And while I've never been one to turn down a good multiplayer game, I do prefer one-on-one. I think a lot of casual players do prefer multiplayer because of the politics involved, and because they can use less focused decks. Is it a majority? I think so, but I'm not...
  12. Oversoul

    Casual Players Hating Blue(again)

    I see a lot of anti-blue control sentiments here, but I think it's the case that wherever you go, the decks that do well are highly disliked by some. When combo does well, players complain about the combo components being broken (sometimes they are) rather than trying to innovate and beat it...
  13. Oversoul

    Iwamori of the Open Fist

    Then again, most players seem to not notice when I've built up some Pandemoniums and Saproling Bursts in my graveyard (but at least they'll pay close attention after it kills them once). Thinking about it, this guy's drawback is so much friendlier than that of Hunted Wumpus. With the Wumpus...
  14. Oversoul

    The Question Game!

    I usually just leave the question field blank and then make something up about how I "really did have a question and the post got messed up or something." Would I do that?
  15. Oversoul

    Word Association V1.1

    Osprey
  16. Oversoul

    D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess

    *Cugel walks right up to the speaker* "Wait. There must be a misunderstanding. You see, we were told that..." *He pounces at one of the robed figures*
  17. Oversoul

    Casual Players Hating Blue(again)

    Whatever. I think the Forbidian is actually quite a cool deck to play if you know what you're doing. Although that still only has like 20 actual counterspell-type cards. A 60-card deck running 30 and actually being good is not something I have seen...
  18. Oversoul

    You Make the Card #3

    Orgg, if your card does what I think it does (it isn't worded "from "anywhere" but it doesn't specify that it had to have resolved in order for the ability to work either, so I'm unsure), wouldn't it be pretty crazy with stuff like Wild Mongrel?
  19. Oversoul

    Another Stupid Decision: Play or Draw mothballed

    Urza's Block = Mirrodin Block? Both have overpowered cards that are based around artifacts. They are pretty similar for that. Mirage = Odyssey I see a slight resemblence. Neither one is all that well-defined compared to surrounding blocks. Odyssey has more cards based around the graveyard...
Top