CPA Expansion Project -- expansion size

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There is an issue that should be resolved before we get to the next phase of this project. And that issue is the size, in terms of card quantity, of the set we are working on.

We don't necessarily need to make this in keeping with recent expansions. We also don't have to deviate from that if we like the system a lot and want to use it. But we do need some sort of resolution here. What that resolution turns out being doesn't concern me overly much. My biggest input would be that I think the set should be larger than Arabian Nights.

Could it be larger than 5th edition? Sure, if you'd like.
Could we do an entire block? Whatever works.
Can it be 10,000 cards? Um, I don't think that we'll complete such a project, but we can try...
Well what about a 78 card set? How about not.

That is how I feel. The set should be greater than 78 cards. I thought Arabian Nights was a great set, but it was just too small.

Obviously, >78 is not a very good resolution. Which is why I started this thread. We've already had this question asked, and people have given opinions, but it's time we decide on a real number.

C

Captain Caveman

I think we need to do a complete block.

Code named: "C" "P" "A"

"C": 300 cards
"P": 150 cards
"A": 150 cards

Grand Total for entire set = 600

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As an aside, I think Arabian Nights was constricted because
  • It was based off Arabian Nights
  • It was "rushed" to get more cards out because Alpha/Beta sold so well and people wanted more cards. The next "formal" release was supposed to be Ice Age but Arabian, Legends, and Antiquities were more "filler" than "true" expansions.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's probably true, although I don't know about its being based off Arabian Nights playing a large role such "constriction."

Anyway, what do you think about the size for this "expansion"?

Is a 600 card block too large? Too small? Too typical? Just right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If WOTC "solely" translated people, items, and places to cards, it would have been a factor, especially with my second point. There's only so much you can do to remain "true" to the stories AND rush it out to appease the masses.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I didn't say it wasn't a factor at all. I was merely pointing out that the second was probably much more important...