RPG, Chapter Two: The Road East

D

Daggertooth

Knowing that I can't carlessly shoot arrows into the croud anymore, I take a solid possition and wait, arrow ready, for the enemy to oppen themselves to a good clean shot.

I wouldn't want to hit any of my friends now would I. ;)

*I got busted at my work too. I tried to lie my way out of it, but my boss was spying on me and caught me.*

E

EricBess

*** have I needed to use any of my knives yet? ***

Jaspar remains perched on the building with his knives, making sure nobody gets in too much trouble and always keeping an eye open for a open target on the leader of the bandits.

*** I would have gotten busted at my work, but I work at home and I am my own boss :). I highly recommend it if you can manage it. Of course, I'm a bit older than most of you. I think sagerider is the only one here that might be older. Glad to have you back, Rando. Don't go overboard, we don't want you losing your job and not being able to post at all.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* I would love to work from home; that $25 million MD lotto win would have helped :) 24 SSA workers are splitting the pool. It's the talk of the building this morning. And I know one of them! *

S

sageridder

I jump off my mount,and with Katana and wakizashi drawn and charge in at the nearest bandit.If I can't get a good shot at the bandit I will try to drop his horse by slashing it's leg.

N

Naren

I fight fiercly from horseback, using my double headed polearm. I try to move towards little Casnar to protect him, if possible.

R

Rando

To all players -

The battle continues all around you.

Dorgath and Thedlyn fight back to back, taking out one bandit each.

Taranec swings his blade at the bandit leader, only to have it blocked. The bandit king then counters with a mighty strike to Taranec's belly, leaving a gaping wound. But!, he passes on by Taranec, leaving his back to him for a brief second, allowing for the back swing of Taranec's blade to take him down.

Another bandit charges at Stephen's back, but suddenly finds one of Jaspar's knives in his spine. He slumps off the horse to the ground.

The last bandit, seeing that it is now hopeless, turns to ride out of town. He gets to the wood's edge right before Nychus takes steady aim and cuts him down with an arrow.

To Taranec -

You are bleeding badly, but when you take a look at your wound you see that it is not so severe as to have spilled your intestines. You should be fine as long as you stop the bleeding quickly.

To Jaspar -

Stephen rides below the building you are on and calls up, "Well, good shot sir. Perhaps now we can have a talk and catch up on times passed."

To all players -

Most of the town is in flames, due to the bandits. All of the city gaurd died in the fight, and none of the town's inhabitants are left. Looking up the hilly road west, it seems that they continued to flee, and are now out of sight. All of you are the only one's left in the otherwise deserted village of Reedton.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Medic! Medic!

Dorgath tries his best to staunch the wound with the few cloth rags he has (until someone who knows what he's doing shoves him out of the way).

E

EricBess

"Well, Stephen old friend, I could hardly have gotten any new stories from you if you were dead, could I?," Jaspar grins, "You would have done the same for me."

He finds a nice place to jump down (using the horse if necessary) and joins the rest of the group. "Well, that certainly got the old heart pumping. Nothing like a good skirmish to get things started.

"Taranec, that was very brave of you to deflect that blow. Dorgath would have been crushed had it found its true mark. Anakis will certainly be spoken of with the rest of us for his contributions."

D

Daggertooth

I look around, just in case. Then dismount after I get to the group.

"That was exciting. Hey taranec, I've got a herb that'll stop that bleeding. It smells bad and stings on contact, but it does heal the wound twice as fast as normal. Unless someone has something better. I don't have much of it though. Only enough for about 3 concoctions."

R

Rando

To all players -

Archway looks around at the carnage and then addresses you all. "Well, I trust that everyone is fine? Mend what wounds you may have, then let's set a camp." He strides towards a building near the river, away from the threat of fire that is now starting to go out. "This old Inn seems like a good place. A soft bed will be good, since after tonight we will have no such thing until we return from the mountains."

Archway then walks into the building and stakes out a room for himself. It is a very large inn, and there is enough room for everyone to have a bed to them selves.

The night passes without incident, allthough in the north, from a distance, wolves can be heard.

**go on to chapter 3**