-
-
-
-
-
-
-

To all Players -

The pale grey morning light slips through the grease stained windows of Fobbles common room, the location of last night's "Going-Away party".

As of now, Archway and Thedlyn sit at a table alone, discussing plans and routes, going over maps and exchanging ideas.

Fobble is there as well, serving some baked lamb and boiled potatos to all in the adventuring party, free of charge. "Come, come my lads!" he says. "Get a good meal before you set off. You'll thank me, hung over and sick to the belly or not." And you can hear Elzie back in the kitchen, whistling happily as she prepares more food.

The farmers of Habbendale have long since left for home, no doubt telling thier wives and children about the group of brave heros they met the night before, but also telling them they are glad there are other men to do such dangerous tasks.

As all of you come down the stairs, Archway welcomes you, and invites you to the table for a bit to eat and to discuss the day's travel plans...

E

EricBess

"Good morrow, fine sirs. May the evening find us in equally high spirits."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath pulls up a chair, grabs a plate of lamb and potatoes, and asks, "So what has been discussed so far? How long of a journey is it to the mountains? Should we expect any difficulties along the way?"

S

sageridder

"Well friends I see the sun has risen to greet us once more.Fobble come here." I hand fobble a small pouch of herbs."Boil these into a tea and bring it to the table please."I help myself to some food and listen to what is being discussed.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -
Your new dwarf friend taps you on the shoulder and whispers, "I apolagize for not being entirely forthcomming last night with your questions, but I do not like to discuss the afairs of our people so near the ears of these Tall Folk. I'm sure there will be a place on the road where we can talk to each other and share the news of both our realms.

To Zilor -
Fobble looks at the herbs you hand him with a cocked eye, but then says "Yes sir, right away, how strong shall I brew it, and how many servings?"

To all players -
Archway stands and spreads a large map out on the table. "We shall travel east on the King's Expanse until we reach Reedton, the last village until the true frontier. We will then head north into the Brekfol montains, and there we shall hunt out the beast by day, while it sleeps. All in all, 3 days to the mountains, and I'm not sure how long it will take to find the wurm when we get there. We can expect to stay in Reedton tonight if we make good time, but that will be our last night on a real bed until we return." He looks over his shoulder and out the window, "At least these damnable storms have fianally ended."

"As for dangers and hardships, I will warn you of this: A dragon is always a powerfull foe with a great deal of influence. We can expect the wurms agents to be dispatched against us as soon as the beast's spies bring it word of our quest. As for other dangers on the road, I can not say."

Archway stands and rolls up his map, "I now go out to ready us some horses. I good farmer I met last night agreed to part with some of his ponies to aid us. We leave as soon as I get back so you may wish to go and wake our companions who still sleep."

"

D

Daggertooth

"Free Food?!? My, this will be a grand adventure." Cheerfully I pull up a seat and start to gorge myself.
"So when are we gonna leave?" I say between mouth fulls. "I live a few houses down and still need to pack. Unless of course the weapon and supply shops are gonna give us free stuff. Glory, free stuff, Riches, and the title of Hero. I've always dreamed about going on an adventure. I can't wait to get started."

Nychus Finishes his meal then sits back to relax.

****do you want us to explain what we pack?***

R

Rando

**switch mine and Daggertooth's posts around to see correct order**

**and also, I apologize if it seems I ignore your character, but when posting it is not always possible for me to respond to everything, everytime. I told you more the a handfull of characters was hard to keep track of. If a question you ask or an action you take is not responded to, be sure to point it out to me. Game on!**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Despite being a monk and used to fasting for periods, Dorgath has no desire to commit to such actions when not forced, so he loads up on some food for the journey. All he has is on him right now though, so he thanks Fobble and his daughter for their wonderful hospitality and delicious food. He nods at the wisdom of Thedlyn's words and awaits an opportunity to speak to him on the road. Not being a garrulous talker, he merely sits back and watches the ongoing preparations.

D

Daggertooth

Nychus Sprints franticaly to his house to pack. Hoping he can do this before Archway returns.

"crap, my first adventure and I'm already slowing people down."

E

EricBess

Jaspar gets a far-off look in his eye.

"Reedtown," his speach is not up to its usual jovial nature, "I still have a few friends there. Perhaps I can arrange some accomodations for us."

Just as quickly as it subsided, Jaspar is again upbeat, "Well, that's in the past, isn't it. Well then, we'll meet back here shortly."

Jaspar then goes to say his farewells to Fobble and Elzie.

E

EricBess

Talk about grand central station. I'm having to hit reload every couple of seconds to keep up with you guys right now.

C

Cateran Emperor

As Archway exits the door, he encounters Taranec, who had already dealt with the issue of horses. Having not yet eaten, and seeing the piles of roasted meat and potatoes on the table, Taranec grabs a seat and rips out a piece of lamb. He then hears from Dorgath what Archway had stated in the meantime.

With a rather loud belch, Taranec heads outside toward where Archway was inspecting the horses. He takes several minutes to make certain all he owns is with him, then heads silently back inside for a much louder round of eating.

B

Bob

*Anakis stuffs his face with every food there.*

"Yum"

*He puts some in a bag, and floows the rest of the troop out.*

"Sounds like a plan"

S

sageridder

***Let's just say fobble brought enough for anyone to have some.It's just a green tea that is a nice little hangover remedy as well.***

I greet Taranec,and Anakis good morning,and eat and drink and wait till we are ready to begin.

R

Rando

To all players -

Fobble makes sure that everyone has had enough of a breckfast, and even sends along a sack full of extra bread and sausage for when you have to camp in the open.

Elzie and a few of the other young ladies of the town stand outside of the bar, giggling and waving to the heros as you all get ready to depart.

Archway thanks Taranec for his help with the horses, and makes a fianl check of all the provisions and a head count to be sure no one is being left behind.

By the time Archway calls, "Head out!", quite a crowd has gathered on the muddy streets of Habbendale, offering blessings and wishes of good fortune on your journey.

For the first time in many days, the clouds are breaking and it seems that a nice day may be in store. It's a little chilly, and a little breazey, but all in all, good traveling weather.

A few miles outside of Habbendale, Archway breaks out into song. It's some little Antheerian ditty about revenge and love lost, but in his gruff voice and chipper attitude, he some how makes it sound chearfull. He then invites all to join in, or to start a song of thier own.

Two hours into the trip, you spot on the road ahead, also going East, a lone man on foot. He is of average hieght and of stocky build, with a bald head and tanned skin. He is in your run-of-the-mill travelers garb and carries with him a stout, double bladed staff.

As this traveler strugles through the mud, he looks back over his shoulder, and then passes to the side of the road to give your party the right of way.

He waits quietly as you aproach.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* So this guy is going East also? On the same road? Did it fork or something from the time we left town to now? I'm assuming he isn't a town resident... do we recognize him from the tavern from the night before? *

N

Naren

As you come closer the traveller spots, seemingly for the first time, Archway. A brief look of surprise and frustration crosses his face. The look is gone, almost as soon as it arrives.

The mans face softens, and he flashes you a brief smile. He nods and mutters "Good day, travellers."

R

Rando

To all players -
None of you have seen this man before. He is not a resident of Habbendale.

E

EricBess

"Well, this is indeed an oddity. Three strangers in Habbendale in fewer days"

**Rando - is it still raining or is it just muddy from rain from the previous evening? What are conditions otherwise?

"Well met stranger! Travelling alone on a day such as this?" Jaspar intentionally leaves his question open ended as to what sort of "day" he means.