A questionare. Fill out at your own leasure and at your own risk.

R

Rando

I am putting this for two reasons:

1 I'm board.
2 I want to get an idea of the kinds of people we are dealing with here at the CPA. Think of it as a domographical survay, but not.

(Just cut and paste the form and then fill it out in your reply post)

1) When did you first come to the CPA?

2) What brought you here?

3) What do you think of the changes that may have occured since you first joined?

4) Do you think that the CPA is holding up to the mission statement made at it's inception? (if you read it, that is)

5) If you could change one thing about this site, what would it be?

6) How long have you played Magic?

7) What made you first try the game?

8) Are you as happy with the Magic community as a whole now as when you joined?

9) If you could change one thing about the game of Magic, what would you change?

10) If you could be an animal, what would you be?

11) What do you think of all those "New World Order" theories? Ate up, or what?

12) Is Walt Disney really cryogenicaly frozen inside Sleeping Beauty's Palace in Disney World?

13) Did you know that Al Capone died alone and insane from syphalis while in prison?

14) What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen anyone do?

15) What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

16) Have you ever awoke, hung over and groggy in some one else's car and don't know haw you got there?

17) Have you ever written a story or poem or what ever, and then find out that someone else has gotten ahold of it and is reading it to everyone and making fun of you in horrid and emotionaly scarring ways that you will never get over and will hamper your social skills for years to come?

18) Have you ever seen yourself on video dancing and realized how idiotic you look?

19) If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-sized card-board cut out of Strom Thurman, would you go insane?

20) Why?

21) Why not?

22) If so, how?

23) And then what?

24) If a train left New York going West at 76 MPH and another trane left Los Angelas going East at 64 MPH, both at the same time, who would take the time to calculate when they would meet each other, and who cares? Is there really that many oppertunities in life to need such skills? I mean, who cares? God, I hate school. I'm never going back. YOU HEAR ME GOD? NEVER!

25) Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or, why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute athority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons.

D

DÛke

August. Although, my fragile mind could be wrong.

I was quitting Magic, and I announced it at MTGnews. Though, I don't know if God wanted me to stay with Magic, or it is just an accident, Purple Jester, out of nowhere, calmed me down. She was really nice about it; it was the first time we had ever met, and I think she was fairly new to MTGnews. She’s like a firefly hovering above me, glowing forever, but not for me…<sigh> She’s a firefly…

Another reason is a big fight I had with Sagridder back there, at MTGnews. It is a long story, so I'm not going to talk about it. Unlike many other fights that end is rivalry, Sageridder and me became the best friends any people could ever see. He forgot about the past, and so did I…that is one thing not many people like to do.

Of course, I thank YellowJacket for giving out the address. Thank you, Yellow guy.
After seeing that Zadok and Istanbul were here, it was even more exciting, because I’ve known them from past encounters…thanks again YellowJacket, you’re a savior.

3) What do you think of the changes that may have occurred since you first joined?
One thing I would like to discuss: if this CPA is OURS, then we should have been able to *at least* vote upon changing the way it looks. I like the new look, but come on, would there be a CPA without us? HELL no! Why weren't WE, the heart of the CPA, consulted about the change? I HAVE NO idea. It is sad really, because all along, I thought the CPA belonged to everyone…

4) Do you think that the CPA is holding up to the mission statement made at its inception? (If you read it, that is).
I do not like to talk this over again. The answer is YES and NO. You get it, you're smart, and if you don't, than you're probably new.

Ban Istanbul, and prevent people from signing over and over and over, and OVER again as different name handles. That’s not good for the CPA, it’s probably the only zero grade I’d give it.

Since mid-Tempest days. I remember those days like they were just now.

I saw a Portal commercial, I loved the art, and I was inspired by some of the cards they showed during that commercial. I went to Target, bought a box of Portal, and played it all day long with my brother, which was the only one interested at the time. We had long fun with it, until Tim, Nick, and James, at school, showed me some of THIER cards. I was amused...I mean, what the heck is an Artifact? Enchantment? Creature type? What the F**k is goin’ on man! They taught me the *real* game, and so, that is how I got into Magic...the real Magic that is.

I am happier actually. At the beginning, it was just people from real life that I talked to about Magic. Now, I have the net, and you people that rock…it would be perfect if it wasn’t for the “little” thing, but that’s not the issue.

9) If you could change one thing about the game of Magic, what would you change?
Slow down the set release. I mean, I'm only 17 (almost 18), and the majority is between 13-20. We have a life, and we spend our money on other things, other than Magic...We can't keep up with all those sets, and I'm NOT even a collector...I feel sorry for those who collect the cards, they must go into a lot of trouble in order to collect every card. I even feel sadder about those who collect FOILS! I prey you guys and girl’s good luck on your eternal journey of perfection.

That's and easy one. I love leopards. I just love them. I want to be a leopard. I love leopards. I just do.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

12) Is Walt Disney really cryogenically frozen inside Sleeping Beauty's Palace in Disney World?
Maybe, but yet again...I don't know, the last time I heard of this, they told me he was dehydrating in The Lion King's cave, but who knows...He as well be going to the Road to Alderado...I have no clue...

13) Did you know that Al Capone died alone and insane from syphilis while in prison?
Who's Al Capone?

A guy, kissing his ex-girl right in front of his NEW girlfriend. What the hell was he thinking? EVEN I wouldn’t' do that...

In the CPA: Try to befriend with Istanbul.
In real life: Too many to count.

16) Have you ever awoke, hung over and groggy in some one else's car and don't know haw you got there?
Actually, yes. It wasn't too long ago either, about a week or so. I was out to dinner with my cousins, we had a blast of "that" sort, and then I was so "of that sort", I think I fainted...and from there, I woke up in the car, not knowing what the hell happened, and I also think I got partial amnesia from "that thing". I have no idea to this day what the heck happened, where we went after I "fainted"...I have no clue, and nobody would tell me...

17) Have you ever written a story or poem or what ever, and then find out that someone else has gotten a hold of it and is reading it to everyone and making fun of you in horrid and emotionally scarring ways that you will never get over and will hamper your social skills for years to come?
Yes, I am writing a book called "Vagabond"; it is a book of poetry. One poem in there, called "Vagabond", I offered a girl to read, she read it, she liked it, and BEHIND MY BACK, she copied it, read it to her friends, and said it was hers. I know that's NOT what you asked Rando, but come on, that has got to be cruel...it made me so angry, I was about to freakin' slam that b***h right in the a** but she was a girl...I don't hit girls, although, some deserve it so much...

18) Have you ever seen yourself on video dancing and realized how idiotic you look?
No, but I've seen myself on a video trying to play soccer, and I looked so freakin' stupid, I didn't even believe it was me...You know what I did with that tape? I sneaked to my parents’ room when they were out, got it, and burned it in the fireplace. It was warm, and I was so happy that thing was gone...THANK GOD! This was about 3 years ago, and the funny part is that my parents have not discovered the missing tape yet...OF COURSE they didn't! They have so many tapes of <cough>"it's an adult thing"<cough>...They probably don't even remember it...

19) If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-sized cardboard cut out of Strom Thurman, would you go insane?
No. As long as I could get all the music CDs in the world, all the food, and all those pyramids, and the Taj Mahal...I wont go insane...Sh*t, I even might try new things with--never mind...

20) Why?
Is this referring to the question above? Well, I didn't like that question, so I'll just assume you're asking a random "why?”… so I'll answer it with a random thought:
JUST BECAUSE, FOO'!

21) Why not?
Again? Because it's not...whatever we're talking about...

22) If so, how?
By [edited for strong sexual content] and so on...get it?

23) And then what?
You really want to know don't you? Fine, here's the secret, you [edited for all kinds of highly offensive content], you get it now? I mean…I gave it all I got man, GOD, Rando!

24) If a train left New York going West at 76 MPH and another train left Los Angeles going East at 64 MPH, both at the same time, who would take the time to calculate when they would meet each other, and who cares? Is there really that many opportunities in life to need such skills? I mean, who cares? God, I hate school. I'm never going back. YOU HEAR ME GOD? NEVER!
Who doesn’t?

25) Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or, why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute authority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons.
What if the CPA is NOT the best? Just a thought...Anyway, if I have to describe it with 5 words, they would be: Insane, Stupid, Fun, Unique, [5th word was edited for unknown reasons]

Damn Rando...THAT WAS LONG!
Back to my book…

[Edited by DÛke on 12-14-00 at 11:53 AM]

T

Teferi

hey ransac, right now the board thingy says that 3 members are on the boards, it only show me and you, so DUke must be in "ghost mode"

BTW if DUke wants to be left alone maybe we should leave him alone...

E

ErinPuff

1) When did you first come to the CPA? July 2000.

2) What brought you here? I found a link on one of the M:tG newsgroups

3) What do you think of the changes that may have occured since you first joined? I *still* don't like the new colors..

4) Do you think that the CPA is holding up to the mission statement made at it's inception? (if you read it, that is) I haven't read it recently..

5) If you could change one thing about this site, what would it be? I'd bring the old colors and layout back.

6) How long have you played Magic? since Ice Age, so about five years

7) What made you first try the game? my brother needed someone to play the game with so he taught me.. but now I usually beat him

8) Are you as happy with the Magic community as a whole now as when you joined? well when I joined I knew.. one.. person that plays Magic.. now I know more people.. so that's good.

9) If you could change one thing about the game of Magic, what would you change? I'd slow down the set release.. a poor young child like me only has so much money!

10) If you could be an animal, what would you be? A scud. Definitely a scud.

11) What do you think of all those "New World Order" theories? Ate up, or what? What? oh.. I don't know..

12) Is Walt Disney really cryogenicaly frozen inside Sleeping Beauty's Palace in Disney World? No, he's cryogenically frozen in my basement.

13) Did you know that Al Capone died alone and insane from syphalis while in prison? No, but thanks for the useless fact.

14) What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen anyone do? Pump up a Scaled Wurm with a couple Giant Growths and discarding a card for Deepwood Drummer and after attacking, discover that his opponent has CoP:Green (that was my brother..)

15) What is the stupidest thing you have ever done? I called some music boring the other day in flute sectionals.. and my director was right behind me..

16) Have you ever awoke, hung over and groggy in some one else's car and don't know haw you got there? Nope, can't say I have.. have you?

17) Have you ever written a story or poem or what ever, and then find out that someone else has gotten ahold of it and is reading it to everyone and making fun of you in horrid and emotionaly scarring ways that you will never get over and will hamper your social skills for years to come? Nope, but it's bound to happen someday.. :eek:

18) Have you ever seen yourself on video dancing and realized how idiotic you look? yeah.. and there are videos of me playing the flute, and I look scary there too.. I always look stupid.. :D

19) If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-sized card-board cut out of Strom Thurman, would you go insane? Yes, and it would take about a day and a half.. :p

20) Why? I can't do anything for myself..

21) Why not? I said yes, didn't I?

22) If so, how? I'd run around screaming for a day and a half and then collapse

23) And then what? and then I'd die

24) If a train left New York going West at 76 MPH and another trane left Los Angelas going East at 64 MPH, both at the same time, who would take the time to calculate when they would meet each other, and who cares? Is there really that many oppertunities in life to need such skills? I mean, who cares? God, I hate school. I'm never going back. YOU HEAR ME GOD? NEVER! I'd take the time to calculate it if it was for a grade.. but only then..

25) Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or, why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute athority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons. Rando Kicks Ass..? ;)

L

Landkiller

October, I think

something Zadok wrote on Starcity

3) What do you think of the changes that may have occured since you first joined?
No, changes since I joined up, it's not been that long

4) Do you think that the CPA is holding up to the mission statement made at it's inception? (if you read it, that is)
uhh...no. I mean, being activist. Definetely(sp?) not.

It would award prizes to people each day. Like the lottery.

Since 1994. Wow. And that means about 1/3 of my life. ouch.

Saw some other people playing, and I had nothing better to do.

No. Now, I hardly ever play compared to when I first joined, and getting that daily gaming action on.

First of all, we'd use third edition rules, and colorless mana would count as mana of any color, and I'd ban all cards that I didn't own...oops, you say only ONE thing. Okay. How about...I'd reprint Dark Ritual. And unban the silly card.

I'm not an animal fan. I suppose a falcon, since it is the fastest animal. Humans are the best though.

Straight up, dog. That $hit be wack.

12) Is Walt Disney really cryogenicaly frozen inside Sleeping Beauty's Palace in Disney World?
Sure he is, you go right ahead and believe that. Maybe there's a hotline for people like you.

13) Did you know that Al Capone died alone and insane from syphalis while in prison?
Yes. I have done extensive research on organized crime.

Oh. Wow. This question needs a limit. How about "What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen anyone do last weekend?" In that case, I would say dress up like Captain America and go to a gas station at 4 am. No joke. I was there.

<Landkiller pleads the 5th amendment.>

No. Does waking up outside in a pile of vomit count?

17) Have you ever written a story or poem or what ever, and then find out that someone else has gotten ahold of it and is reading it to everyone and making fun of you in horrid and emotionaly scarring ways that you will never get over and will hamper your social skills for years to come?
No. I've never let anyone get ahold of it.

No. I've looked in a mirror, and I've also been told on several occasions, but no one can jam like me;)

19) If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-sized card-board cut out of Strom Thurman, would you go insane?
Sure. Why not?

20) Why?
Because.

21) Why not?
Well, is it worth it?

22) If so, how?
Hmm...

23) And then what?
Aaaaghh...I will kill you!!!!

24) If a train left New York going West at 76 MPH and another trane left Los Angelas going East at 64 MPH, both at the same time, who would take the time to calculate when they would meet each other, and who cares? Is there really that many oppertunities in life to need such skills? I mean, who cares? God, I hate school. I'm never going back. YOU HEAR ME GOD? NEVER!
Awwww, Yeah!!! Burn those schools down!!

25) Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or, why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute athority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons.
Because "No one can stop you!"

I

Istanbul

1. When did you first come to the CPA?

June or July of 2000, I forget exactly.

-

2. What brought you here?

My old haunt, magiccampus.com, had just closed down. I looked at Zadok's old sig on mtgnews.com (which STILL locks up my browser), and it brought me here. The rest is histoire.

-

3. What do you think of the changes that may have occured since you first joined?

Well, I don't like the colors. The rest is kewl.

-

4. Do you think that the CPA is holding up to the mission statement made at its inception?

Dunno. Never read it.

-

5. If you could change one thing about this site, what would it be?

Bring back the old colors! Glaring white and blue hurt my eyes.

-

6. How long have you played Magic?

Close to seven years; I missed Arabian Nights by a week.

-

7. What made you first try the game?

The curiousity of myself and a friend over this weird new game.

-

8. Are you as happy with the Magic community as a whole now as when you joined?

GOD, no. Most of the Magic community these days is composed of snide, nasty, hateful people who care nothing for originality or fair play. To most of the people I see, winning isn't just the most important thing, it's the ONLY thing. Bleah.

-

9. If you could change one thing about the game of Magic, what would you change?

The secondary market. I think it would be very cool if the price on every single card suddenly lost a 0. Black Lotus would top out at $50, and Rishadan Ports would cost a buck. It would be less of a money game.

-

10. If you could be an animal, what would you be?

A fox. Cunning, clever, lives by its wits. Faces down all manner of animals bigger and stronger than itself, sometimes in packs, simply by outwitting them. I can respect that.

-

11. What do you think of all those "New World Order" theories? Ate up, or what?

You are not cleared for that information, citizen.

-

12. Is Walt Disney really cryogenically frozen inside Sleeping Beauty's Palace in Disney World?

He was, until I took a baseball bat to that popsicle's head and went crazy-ape on his old @ss!

-

13. Did you know that Al Capone died alone and insane from syphillis while in prison?

No, but considering how many people he killed, he deserved it.

-

14. What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen anyone do?

Have a child that she can't take care of...then have another that she STILL can't take care of...then have another, and give it up for adoption...then have another, and give IT up for adoption...and still refuse to have her tubes tied.

-

15. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Traded a Beta Shivan Dragon for some Antiquities commons when Antiquities had just come out. Hey, it must be a fake...Shivan Dragons don't have black borders! (sigh) Yes, I was a newbie, but it haunts me to this day.

-

16. Have you ever awoke, hung over and groggy in someone else's car, and not known how you got there?

Nope. I've never awoken hung over. I don't drink.

-

17. Have you ever written a story or poem or whatever, then found out that someone else has gotten hold of it and is reading it to everyone and making fun of you in horrid and emotionally scarring ways that you will never get over and will hamper your social skills for years to come?

Ohhhhh-kay. No, but I'm guessing that wasn't really a *question*, per se...

-

18. Have you ever seen yourself on video dancing and realized how idiotic you look?

No, I already know that I dance like an epileptic hippopotamus on crack, so I don't allow myself to be videotaped.

-

19. If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-size cardboard cutout of Strom Thurman, would you go insane?

*hides his Strom Thurman cutout* Noooooo...I think I could handle it.

-

20. Why?

Hell, I spend most of my free time alone anyway. I'd just burn the cutout for heat, then proceed to have fun with a city that was all my own.

-

21. Why not?

I just *told* you.

-

22. If so, how?

Anyway...on to the next topic.

-

23. And then what?

Ahem. NEXT TOPIC.

-

24. If a train left New York going west at 76 MPH and another train left Los Angeles going east at 64 MPH, both at the same time, who would take the time to calculate when they would meet each other, and who cares? Is there really that many opportunities in life to need such skills? I mean, who cares? God, I hate school. I'm never going back. YOU HEAR ME, GOD? NEVER!

First of all, I would hope that they'd NEVER meet. Train wrecks are bad. Secondly, wait till you get to college. College *rules*.

-

25. Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute authority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons.

Get In Line, A$$ Munch.

N

Neil Rigby

1) Came looking early 2000, got net access myself later probably around July ish maybe, I dunno

2) Gizmo, He's great don't you think?

3) Blue and white are better than orange and black

4) Probably, not read it really

5) Not a lot really, Sat thinking about it and came up with zero. :)

6) Too long (6 yrs)

7) Gizmo, He's great don't you think?

8) When I first played magic the 'community' consisted of Gizmo, He's great don't you think?, and his brother so it has increased and thus improved it parts at least

9) I would ideally like to stop stupid people from playing and wasting my time. This sounds really harsh but I find it very difficult to enjoy magic when my opponent is just making quite obviously terrible plays. I don't mind people making mistakes or trying things out in situations so that they can improve their game but people making terrible plays just irritates me.

10) A cat

11) Bag of shite

12) No

13) Yes

14) Snog a girl (attractive blonde (girl A)) who he works with in full view of the girl who he is in a relationship with (girl B (VERY sexy)), who also happens to work at the same place, and then leave girl A in the club to go home with Gizmo, He's great don't you think? (friend C) even though she should be staying at his house (idiots house, not Gizmo's, He's great don't you think?). Then continue his relationship with girl B even though she is engaged to person D, and spend the next 8 months of his life wandering around with his head up his arse not knowing what to do for the best.

15) In magic: Sell a summer magic Force of Nature (approx value $300) for $25 (£15 in real money), an Icy Manipulator and a Reflecting Pool
In life: Answer question 14 truthfully :(

16) No, but I have woken up in some strange place's

17) No

18) No, I can dance :D

19) What do you mean GO insane !!!

20) Because this is not a crayon!

21) Because if it was a crayon it wouldn't be the computer I need to type in this post!

22) Both items are totally different from each other so the likelyhood of them being the same is so small that they don't even bear(?) relevance to the rest of this post.

23) Then all items that bear(?) no resemblance to each other become the same and we all end up with only one thing that we own but have several thousand of them so will never run out, could be useful. Who knows?

24) Math students, Not many people, No, Still not many people, Yes I hear you.

25) Smilies,:)Magic, Questionaires, People, Gizmo, He's great don't you think?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
1.Sept 2000
2.Theorgg recruited me
3.They're all right, I guess
4.what?
5.add a chat room
6.Since Arabian nights, when I was 11
7.My friend threaten me into it
8.Not really, too competitive
9.more weasels
10.a weasel
11.huh?
12.yes. I froze him. but, he was already dead.
13.no
14.I saw a guy try to terror my chimeric idol.
15.it was me playing myself
16.all the time
17.only twice
18.truthfully, yes
19.Who wouldn't
20.Well, look at him!!!
21.Huh?
22.I don't know!
23.LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!
24.head....hurting....too many...words....ugh
25.I would be vice tyrant

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

I may as well fill out my own questionare...

August of 00

The people that used to hang out at MTGNews

The site is more profesional looking.

Unfortuenatly, I think the CPA takes a few baby steps away from the "casual" sceen everyday.

That we could edit our own posts.

Since Ice Age

Thought "Why not, might as well give it a try"

Still the same bunch of geeks and nerds as always, myself included.

As many others said, less frequent set releases.

A lazy, fat house cat.

Yep.

No, it's an urban legend.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did know that.

Get drunk and dance to techno misic on video.

See question #14

Yes

No, just thought I'd throw this one in there for kicks.

See question #14

Yes, in short order

20) Why?
No one to talk to.

21) Why not?
no reason

22) If so, how?
from being utterly alone

23) And then what?
I would die and rot away to nothing...

Damn straight!

Because I am the coolest! (snicker)

N

Nyx

I don't remember. Only a little while ago.

Looking for a Magic site with more than just deck lists, and that emphasized playing for fun instead of playing to win.

Haven't been any that I noticed.

I read it, and no I don't.

Less emphasis on tournament play in the articles and deck advice.

Since Antiquities was new.

Reading an interview with Richard Garfield where he talked about the story in the game being told piecemeal on the cards as if the players were archaeologists rediscovering lost knowledge Even with all the cards in your hands, the story would still be incomplete.

Nope. It's too competative and there's too much jealousy about the successes of the people on the Pro Tour. No one wants to hang out at coffee shops and play until 2:00am with me anymore.

Enforced ante at all games.

Humans are animals. I'd prefer to remain a human. If I had to be another animal, then Homo Erectus would be fun. If I had to leave the hominid tree, then I'd go for something like a Tyrranosaurus so I could destroy Tokyo and eat people.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Not as far as I know.

I've heard that. But I also heard that he was killed by another inmate. I don't actually know which is true as I've never cared enough to look it up.

freeclimb halfway up the outside of a football stadium because he was bored. I also saw someone comit suicide off my 10th floor balcony, but I don't think you're looking for serious answers.

With a masters degree in writing, I accepted a job as a secretary, which I kept for a year.

I'm allergic to alcohol. No I have never woken up hung over.

No. But I did send a poem to Shae Marks and she posted it on her website. And in 5th grade I submitted a short story to Schoolastic Scope and they rejected it telling me it was too violent and dark and that kids wouldn't enjoy a story that academic. I don't think they knew I was in 5th grade.

I don't dance. I once grabbed onto a pillar for 5 minutes while my girlfriend tried to drag me onto a dance floor. I would sooner castrate myself with a rusty spork than dance and I'm not saying that as a figure of speech. I know exactly how idiotic I'd look were I to dance and I don't intend to ever do it.

No.

20) Why?
See below.

21) Why not?
I like Strom Thurman and I talk to myself on a regular basis so I think we'd be fine.

22) If so, how?
See above.

23) And then what?
I'd eventually die, alone and in the rain.

High school teachers seem to care, and the kids afraid of getting bad grades would take the time to figure it out. No, unless you are working for Amtrak and need to coordinate a train schedule you don't have much use for these actions. The skills themselves, on the other hand, are quite useful, not the least of which includes the much valued skill of being able to do your best work in adverse emotional conditions.

Part #1 The CPA: 100% fat-free.
Part #2 Because you want to.

E

Elrond

Around June, but I'm not sure.

I saw a message of Zadok's in the MtgNews boards and saw a link to the CPA so I thought I'd check it out.

I like most of them.

I never read it.

I would switch it back to the old background, but I still like the new one it's just that I like the old one better.

I started between Ice Age and Alliances sometime, I can't remember.

I honestly don't remember, but I think it had something to do with seeing someone playing and then seeing it in a store.

I'm happier with it now because I actually have a group of players to enjoy the game with. When I first started there were only one or two people that I knew who played.

I would take away the first turn kill combos because they take a lot of the fun out of the game.

Probably a phoenix, they're just cool.

I have no opinion on them because I haven't heard that much about them.

I don't think so.

No.

Pass a bus on a curve in really icy weather with oncoming traffic.

There's too many stupid things to narrow it done to just one.

No.

No.

No because I don't dance, but I do think I look weird on video.

Probably.

20) Why?
I would probably drive myself insane because there are just too many thoughts running around in my head at one time.

21) Why not?

22) If so, how?

23) And then what?

I think the only people who care about those kinds of questions are math teachers.

#1: It's about casual magic play.
#2: You shouldn't.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Before we begin, shouldn't this be moved to Classic Questions? Many of these questions have been asked already.

anyway,

August 2000

Some guy named Krazy Kow who had read my (very bad) humor articles on The Dojo saved me from that turnip-forsaken place and brought me here. I have barely gone back since.

Many of the posts from when I had just joined seemed to be a lot more substantial and to involve more thought. This is probably not a good thing.

I didn't read it then, as the link the aforementioned Krazy Kow gave me went directly to the forums. From my understanding of it, pieced together later, I think that its chance for glory was just ending at the time anyway. However, if such a situation should arise again, I have no doubt in the CPA's ability to help deal with it as best as the sum total of the members can. Such a situation would be an issue about which almost everyone in the CPA would have to agree to a certain degree, so there would not be substantial internal squabbles.

I would remove all the banners on the page because a) we don't need to use advertisements (I hope and think) and b) (more importantly, as far as I am concerned :) ) one of them keeps making AOL crash.

I've played for three years.

As I perceived it then, large numbers of my friends were playing it. They all sucked largely, and I stopped for a little while later that year, but then started again, more resolutely determined to do something or other than ever.

Well, when I joined, said community consisted of one guy who made a card that had been cut apart and was called "Gay", another that was "Bill Gates", and ten other people. Also, the people at the card store were obsessed with tournaments. Considering that I'm on the CPA now, I'm happier, but don't factor me into some study or some such nonsense, as I am an outlier and like it that way.

I would end the practice of R&D that ignores almost every bit of input from the players themselves, unless they are good enough cheaters to win tournaments (no offense Gizmo, fortunately you aren't a good enough cheater, it would seem. Just kidding! Sorry :) ). What I mean is that at least 5 or so (I'm trying to compromise here!) card slots per set would be allowed to be made by non R&D people.

I'd be a thallid, if that counts. If it doesn't, a raven.

One day, god willing, they will have all been thoroughly digested by Galapagosian beach iguanas like so much seaweed and regurgitated onto the shores of the Galapagos islands.

No, he's over there. Say hi for them!
[me] brings Walt Disney to meet the nice people. [/me]
Walt Disney: hI kIDDIES!
Me: See! He's in the prime of his decomposition!

I thought he was attacked by Julia Child with a carving knife for his having insulted her Turnip Lasagna recipe. Oh well, you learn something everyday.

Once when I was on a field trip, a guy in the passenger's seat of an eighteen-wheeler passed us and held up what must have been some sort of nude porn foldout. I didn't look for very long, I was just staring out the window, saw it, looked for about a second, then turned away in disgust. [me] looks around nervously.[/me] Yeah, that's all I did...

I once left my school's copy of a book in the hills of northern Pennsylvania.

Unless my birth counts, no.

This will probably happen to me later in my life, but it hasn't happened yet.

Fortunately, I have never had the displeasure of taking part in this "video" "dancing". [me] holds his fingers up to imitate quotation marks in the air.[/me] Had I the chance, I'd probably remember this post and avoid it.

My tires would deflate, and I'd be too lazy to walk to insane, so probably not. Instead, I'd find a cardboard farm and make cut-outs of other people ... heh heh heh ... specific other people ... heh heh heh ... some more than others ... heh heh heh

20) Why?
There are no laws against cardboard farms! It's a free country! Besides, I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21) Why not?
Take the antonym of every word in my response to 20, and you have your answer.

22) If so, how?
What, are we having problems finding antonyms? Get a bloody thesaurus!

23) And then what?
Then I bought a ferry ticket to Kansas from Nebraska. But enough about me, let's talk about you.

Well, since the only known tranes in the universe leave Toledo, Ohio every 15 days on their trek across the kiosk platform in search of new and exciting kiosks and little else, this isn't even an issue.

'Cause we can list more than five words if we damn well want to and cause we lack of verbs for the same reason.

PENCILS DOWN!

Hope that didn't ruin the grade curve..
[me] sits, looking confident[/me]

[Edited by Thallid Ice Cream Man on 12-15-00 at 09:03 PM]

G

Gerode

First week of September.

I had been visiting the CPA main page for a month or so after seeing a link somewhere. By boredom one day, I stumbled upon the Message Boards.

I still like the Black/Orange color scheme better.

Not really, because the Mission Statements is rather irrelevant to today's situation.

Create a space-time continuum hole so I could spend more time surfing around the boards.

When Portal came out, right around the Weatherlight/Tempest era.

Someone I knew said it was a cool game, and I was a baseball card collector at the time, and it was another collection to start.

When I joined, I really didn't know anyone who played other than that friend and my brother, and maybe 3 people at school. Now, almost all of my good friends play Magic, and I haven't had any bad experiences with other players yet.

two expansions per year, so I could focus more energy on getting cards I want but do not need for my decks.

I'd like to be my cat! He has no responsibilities, can sleep/eat all day, gets attention when he wants, and does nothing in return! ;)

Uhh... no...

Walt Disney is currently underneath the farmland and cattle pastures at Area 51, not in Nevada but actually near the town (planet?) of Duvall, Wash.
If you read this, I will have to kill you ;)

Didn't he have any cellmates?

http://www.darwinawards.com/ have better acts of stupidity than I can possibly provide.

Not sure. A few days ago though, I chugged a quart of egg nog in less than 20 seconds.

Not since I got kicked out of that bar when I was 14 last year.

No. I think I was the "reader" to people once, though.

I realize how idiotic I look before I even start dancing.

I'd be worse than FrigginRizzo.

20) Why?
Guess how, cheif.

21) Why not?
Gerode---> Confused

22) If so, how?
By losing my sanity and stuff.

23) And then what?
I would be a lunatic. Or not.

I said something like that once to my math teacher in 7th grade!

I like CPA. Do you?

Z

Zero

A: I would say about 6 months ago, I was lurking here untill about a month ago.

A: A friend.

A: I dont like the new colors, and alot of weird "bonding" has been going on, but its allllll gooood.

Q: To the only degree that we can at this time, yes

A: Me not being an adminastrator

A: Since tempest

A: A friend

A: If I read this right, then yes.

A: The speed of set releases

A; one of those mini-pandas that are intelligent

A: Some are right, but not for the reasons they think they are.

A: .....no.

A; ......no.

A: Try to have sex in public. [me]Sighes[/me]

A: Fell threw a window.

A: Yes.

A; Except for the last part, yes.

A; Yes, yes, yes.

19) If you were the last man/woman on the planet, and your only other source of companionship was a life-sized card-board cut out of Uma Thurman, would you go insane?
A: no

20) Why?
A: Spray paint

21) Why not?
A: What?

22) If so, how?
A: What the hell are you asking me!?

23) And then what?
A; I would find your body and re-kill you!!!!

A: Same here.

A: Its a coffee shop.

26) (The "Rouge" question)
Do ya'll like my new sig?

F

Fire Slinger

a: long time ago
a: the internet
a:good
a:yes
a: change the colors back to red and black
a: 2 years
a: friends forced me to
a: yes
a: all black boardered cards
a: Gray or Timber Wolf
a: What new world order?
a: no
a: some guy is pregent and its now the net
a: no comment
a: no comment :D
20) Why?
a: you dont want to know
21) Why not?
a: no, really, you dont want to know
22) If so, how?
a:very carefully
23) And then what?
a: see answer to #20
a: you cannot answer this question. not enough information. :p
25) Describe, in 5 words or less, why the CPA is the best Magic site around, and/or, why I should be allowed to rule it with an iron fist and absolute athority over all that come here, banning users and deleting posts with cruel abandon and irreverent reasons
a: not going to answer that

H

Hetemti

Aug 2000.

I didn't come here. Al Gore's internet brought you here to my computer.

The new color scheme makes my head bleed.

Mission statement?

Less frogs, more Prauges!

14 months.

I've allways been a card player. It was just another card game.

Magic community? You mean the random people who spend more time talking online about Magic rather than playing, or the people I play with on a regular basis?

The reprint policy.

Fictional: Dragon; Present-day: Dunno...fox maybe...

Considering the fact that Big Brother is watching...covertly in America, openly in Japan...we will all be 1984 drones in a few decades.

No. It's Hitler dressed up as Disney.

Thanks for sharing.

Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Walk into a sliding glass door that someone shut without telling me.

No, I knew how I got there.

no .i kant rite,

Cameras don't work on me.

No. The card-board cut out would, however.

20) Why?
...ask why?

21) Why not?
'Cause I said so!

22) If so, how?
Through patience and nudeness.

23) And then what?
Vogue!

Abe Vagoda cares.
Yes, there are four, in fact.
I already answered that, Abe Vagoda.
Yes, son. I hear you.

Mike and Bots demand it.
_________
Eastman. He came from the east to do battle with the amazing Rando!

C

Copious Wrath

Uhh... Mid-september. I think. I'm not quite sure.

It's a who, and that who is Gerode, may a thousand fleas infest his erogenous zones.

... there's been changes?

... there's a MISSION STATEMENT?! Whoa...

The lack of scantily-clad game babes. You can never have too many scantily clad game babes around.

Since Fallen Empires.

The fact that I had a whole lotta money to blow, and that a good bit of my family played.

Yeah, pretty much.

Refer to answer 5.

A tiger. Big, mean, and Hobbes-ish.

I could tell you about the New World Order, but then I'd have to kill you. =)

No. His disembodied brain is in a jar in Paraguay, conococting evil scemes with the similarly disembodied brain of Hitler.

No. Nor did I want to, really...

Turn their back on me in a game of Half-Life DM when I have the mp5. >=) or chug a quart of light eggnog in less than 20 seconds. The two are about equal.

I've never done anything stupid... that I remember.

Not in someone's car, no.

No, because I'm proud of everything I've ever written. (yes, Gerode, even Dick and Jane Go Thermonuclear. that was my crowning achievment in seventh grade.)

No. Only the brave or the foolhardy dance.

No, because since everyone's dead, their anime and game collections automatically become bequeathed to ME! ^_^ And that makes me happy-happy, as my smiley indicates.

20) Why?
That should be obvious.

21) Why not?
That as well.

22) If so, how?
Because I said so.

23) And then what?
Supernova goes pop.

YES! LET US BAND TOGETHER AND TEAR DOWN THE EVIL HEGEMONY OF THE AMERICAN SCHOOL SYSTEM!

Because the people are INSANE! and Take a number.

[Edited by Copious Wrath on 12-17-00 at 09:28 PM]

Z

Zadok001

This is possibly the longest thread with only that many posts... :)

Right when it was Founded. :)

Ed's URL link in his email.

Hmm... All things considered, undeniably for the better. The color scheme (the main reference, I believe), is a great improvement in my humble opinion.

Nope. :) Oh, well - We're accomplishing a similar goal through a different action.

I'd lengthen all the articles by about two pages.

Since the Dark/Revised.

Two friends of mine gave me a pack or two. I built a U/B deck, and got my head kicked in. That was unacceptable to my competetive brain, so I came back for more!

Happier! :)

Hmm... I'd make some _serious_ changes to the Type 1 format, make it playable again, and then go back in time and make Blastoderm a 4/5. :)

A sheep. :) I wonder what an astoundingly weak intellect would feel like, Ok?

You down wit' da' lingo, man!

Yups. Let 'em out, someone needs to fix the Pirates of the Caribbian.

Yah, actually!

Wow, THAT'S a big can of worms. How 'bout lift a board they were standing on?

Made too much noise. (INSIDE JOKE ALERT!)

I'm 17. Alcohol is Bad Things(tm).

Nope. If I had, would I write articles? Nooo...

I've danced three times in my life. All at the same dance. With the same person. In the dark. No one would be allowed within a mile radius with a video camera, lest I tear their eyes out and castrate them.

No. First I'd program Hal. THEN I'd go insane.

20) Why?

Duh.

21) Why not?

Absolutely not!

22) If so, how?

My GOD! You sick bastard!

23) And then what?

Geez, enough with the sick question already!

I just calculated that, just to piss you off. :)

25a: Message Boards Of The Gods.
25b: God Forbid We Empower You.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

after reading all that, the one thing that stuck with me, and is still making my head hurt is the fact that Istanbul traded away a beta shivan, and for commons no less.............ahhhhhhhhh my god my head it hurts
[me] collapses [/me]