Yet another werewolf game

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Monster canyon has its fair share of monsters, which is (unsurprisingly) how the town got its name. Local pastimes include jackalope hunting and dragonslaying. But EVERYONE (well, almost everyone) was sure the werewolves were extinct.

But recently, the killings of some unfortunate children and other insignificant animals have been linked to werewolves. Yesterday Oversoul, a misanthropic but generally benign old curmudgeon, claimed that there were two of the creatures and that he would soon be able to ascertain their identities using his magic crystal ball. Some said he was just drunk again, but this seemed unlikely, given the recent alcohol shortage in Monster Canyon.

It appears that Oversoul really was onto something. Last night, the werewolves seemed to go crazy. You conducted a search of the town to see what the werewolves had done. Oversoul's mutilated body was the only thing that seemed to have been disturbed. It is clear that the werewolves seek to claim the town for their own.

Given the considerable size and strength of these werewolves, it is certain that they must during the daytime be able-bodied men. Apparently, there are only thirteen such individuals left in the entire town (everyone else is a woman, child, or midget). It is up to the eleven humans among you to find the two wolves and destroy them so that they cannot wantonly slaughter all those poor, helpless women, children, and midgets.

To make matters worse, the men who deliver alcoholic beverages to Monster Canyon refuse to come near the place until the werewolf problem is cleared up!

Fortunately, the local werewolf folklore (common knowledge in Monster Canyon) states that the Werewolve's Code (by which all werewolves must abide) only allows a group of werewolves to kill one able-bodied man per night if the group of werewolves is smaller than three.

Now your only rational alternative is to hang exactly one of your comrades every day until, by process of elimination, you've killed both wolves. The survivors, be they men or monsters, will have all of those women, children, and midgets to themselves...

Sunset will be the morning of Tuesday, the 25th.

O

orgg

(starts playing on a Banjo a twinkly tune)
Well, look'a here
We've got an x-drunk down on his rear,
and cut up, and on his face.
I'm a'cursed with the force of sing,
and I myself fear just about anything!
(dink, diink diink dink dink, dinkdink!)

S

sageridder

I'm 1/8th orc on my mother's side so that accounts for my good looks.I work in the town armory as a metalworker-arms maker.Dad was a Dragonslayer, was dissapointed I didn't go into the family buisness, Yatta Yatta.I've done some pit fighting to pay the bills.This whole werewolf thing is annoying but no ale deliverys has really got me pissed, we need to find these wolves out and smash them.I need a drink and these turds are in the way, well I need many drinks but mind your own buisness or suffer the wrath..... Oh yeah do I get a maiden if I win?

H

Homestar

*Walks in, obviously has no idea where he is, wearing a pair of orange flowered swimming trunks and no shirt, sun burnt to no end*

*Pushes his long hair out of his eyes* Woah... dude.... like, what happened here? Me and my bros were just on our way to go catch some sick waves over in the CA when our bus like, crashed. I was like, sleeping when it happened, and when I woke up, all my buddies were just like, gone. I was just like, looking for 'em and found my self here..... weird.

*Notices Oversouls body*

WOAH DUDE!!!!! Who is this dude? Looks like he got completely thrashed... I'm like, guessing that's what the rest of you are here for. So I guess I can like, chill here for a little.

*Takes a seat*

Well, I guess if I'm like, stranded here, then I should introduce myself. My names Johnny, Johnny Tsunami. Me and my bros just like to travel around the country in our bus catchin all the sick swells we hear about. Pretty easy going lifestyle, if you catch my drift. Not really much more to say other than that. I hope we can get this done quick cause I got some totally gnarly wave to catch in Cali in about a week.

D

DarthFerret

**Wheels into the area, and takes a look around, pulling out a Monacle to do so.**

Ahem, so what do we have here, ummm.. Lets see, a dead body, and what apear to be some innocent bystanders. Preytell, what indeed happened here, and did anybody happen to get a look at the perpetrator?

**What you see is a man in his early 40's, clean-shaven, in a button-down shirt, vest, and sports coat (imagine sherloch holmes without the hat and umbrella). However the most remarkable thing is that he is confined to a wheelchair, and it appears that he has no movement in his lower extremities at all.**

By the way, my name is Dr. Emmiell Brownspepper, but all my friends and associates just call me the "Ferret".

Z

Zigathon

Well, well, well... a dead body, werewolves, and no booze. Where's my gun?
Oh, that's right, I don't have one.
Perhaps my comedy can be of some use. I've always said its best to laugh in the face of tragedy.
So, don't leave me hanging, so to speak, and let us start getting rid of these wolves!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*After overhearing the last introduction, a strange man in a dark brown coat steps out of the shadows.*

hmm....... Can't find your gun? That's a shame there. You should replace it! Name's Ransac, and I sells merchandise that I happens to........ find. Yeah, we'll goes with that.

*Ransac opens his coat to reveal what resembles a display case filled with random items.*

Anyways, uh, perhaps I have the exact type of gun that youse happening to be missing. If you looks hard enough, you may find someone that looked LIKE your old gun, but I could assure you it isn't. Then, we'll discuss a price and...... what? Didn't never have no guns in the first place? Comedy? Oh yeah, comedy. That stuff I just said was funny, too, huhs?

Whoa! Dead bodies ain't cool.... perhaps he has some things in his pockets he wished to donate. It'd be a shame to let anything like that go to waste.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Yeah, righty-right. My name is KJ and you all look like you can use a cup 'o Joe! (especially you drunkin' ones) I know a cafe just at the edge of town!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there all, name's Spider, I've been trappin' and trainin' the monsters 'round these parts for dem pit fights. Never trapped a werewolf, though I guess it'd be hard to fight one of dem things, seeing as how the fights are during the day. But we can't have the liquor stop comin' round here, it helps with the training! So let's get dem 'wolves...

E

EricBess

Name's Eric Bess, but me friends call me B-man ever since the academy. Well, it appears there's a few of us from 'round these hills anyway, but a lot of strangers moving in. I'm a bit of a scientist m'self, been tak'n rock samples for the last few months. I know Spider and KJ 'cus they're from 'round here. Good people. 'Course, good people by day don't always mean much when werewolves is concerned.

Seems like we got ourselves a bit of an influx of good people the last few days...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Names Moosie, but only my friends call me that and you bunch ain't my friends, so make it Mister Mooseman......
I done spent most of my life in dem dare hills keeping the monsters from a gittin out and rampaging in the neighborin towns and this here a towns has been paying well for my skills. And I ain't a lettin any skin changers a mess that up. I got me shotgun full a rock salt, it may not a kill-em, but it slows-em down enough to catch-em. I suggest you good folk, shut an bar your doors and winders at night and don't go a sneaking around, I shoot first and if you'all are still moving than I ties ya up and waits for the dawn.

T

train

***comes running up to the crowd...

"What's all the fuss abou... ah man... what happened?!..."

***He stops to ponder for a second...

"Well, My name's T... friends call me T... well, weveryone I know calls me T... I guess you all already know each other, and now you know me...

Poor fellow... probably didn't even know what hit him... say, what's them peculiar looking rocks next to him... anyone know?"

O

orgg

(strikes up a banjo)
T, T, His name is T!
His neck and his arms are biggeerrrr than yoouuuu or mee!
If you tick him off, he'll throw you through a treeeeee!
Yessiree, yes indeed, his name is Mister T!
(dink, diink diink dink dink, dinkdink!)
[Shave and a haircut, two bits. Do those 'dinks' kinda make sense?]

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
None O' wit you say makes any sense and that "singing" sounds more like a catterwalling bullfrog or is that bullorgg?

* turming to face the new comer*

Now, sonny boy, just catch your breath and what rocks are you a talking about?

Z

Zigathon

Mr. Orgg, have you ever thought of taking your banjo act on the road?

*hands him a business card*

Give me a call if the both of us survive this nonsense and perhaps we can travel together.

In terms of these urgent and deadly matters, I too must inquire about these rocks you speak of, T. I pity the fool that left them lying next to a corpse, for that is a sure sign of guilt.

T

train

"Well, seeing as he's laying face down in thare sand with saw dust chips in it... it would seem odd for pale green rocks to be near him and nowhere else... They're nowhere else on the street - so how would they get here?... Poor fellow..."

E

EricBess

That's indeed interst'n T. I's seen rocks like these'ns up de cany'n a mite. Got'a couple sent back'da lab fer 'nalsis. Hows these few migrat'd here's a mystry.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Are theys rocks worth anyting? Not that I woulds know HOW to gets moneys outta it, just for curiousness's sake!

That's there's an awful nice banjo there. Youse need any picks or strings to go wit' dat, eh? No? Then, uh, can youse plays that "Camptown Ladies" song. I always likes that song.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's getting later in the afternoon. The sun sets at midnight of Monday/Tuesday in real time (and in my timezone, which is Pacific Whatever Time). If no resolution is made by then, no one will be hanged for the day.