The Ultimate Magic Draft

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Obviously.

As far as Zigathon goes, if he's really back, I don't think he should be kicked out. I'm all for letting him draft as normal once it gets back to him and waiting until the end to pick his remaining cards that he missed (if he's willing to play with that disadvantage).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I agree. Zigathon, it's great to have you back!

Repeating what Oversoul stated, here's what was decided a while back:If/When you return, the picks that we skipped over will not be made up until the end of the draft

However, since it goes turgy22 and THEN Zigathon, I have no problem with letting Zigathon take this round "wrap-around" right now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Z

Zigathon

That's good news!
And yes, I am back for good. Better yet, the internet connection is free because I live in a loft above a bar with Wi-Fi.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm back! And I didn't miss my next picks! Thanks for picking for me TomB, although I don't think quoting my PM was necessary :)[

turgy22 said:
Also, everyone make a note that Spidey's next pick is going to be Lotus Petal. Thanks, TomB ;)
Oh well...

And yes, since Zigathon's back and his picks don't affect Lythand or Homestar, I agree that he should be able to get his two wrap-around picks for this round. So he's missing what, 4 picks total?

Z

Zigathon

Dog-piles are fun... but not when its just a bunch of guys. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if Zigathon keeps missing this, but he's been on again yesterday and posted in another thread but not in the Singleton draft, so I say Melkor/AaronPrime continues on with the draft and Zigathon can pick up his extra picks at the end.

We gotta get this thing moving... I know it's not my draft, but I'm starting to think a week between turns is too long. Signing up takes commitment, so a pick should be made at least one a day. So unless someone posts a scheduled leave, I think the time between turns should be lowered to two or three days (since myself and maybe some others don't log on over weekends).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd like 2-3 days. But, we know that Melkor is out of the country right now and, while he is helping his friend, I'm sure this isn't at the top of AaronPrime's priorities. I'm sure that when Melkor gets back, it'll pick back up in speed.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I wasn't pointing out to you that he was gone. Merely pointing out that his replacement doesn't have the same interest in this as Melkor.

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

AaronPrime

My apologies-

I had to go out of town on business on a moment's notice, and wasn't in an internet-friendly environment.

I'll have Melkor's pick for you tomorrow.

Peace.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, no worries. You and Melkor are excused for a month... :)

Would it help everyone to have a list of all the cards drafted alphabetically? I'm thinking in the future as the lists get long for everyone, it might help it have the cards cross-indexed so you can look quickly and see if a card has been taken...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Would it help everyone to have a list of all the cards drafted alphabetically? I'm thinking in the future as the lists get long for everyone, it might help it have the cards cross-indexed so you can look quickly and see if a card has been taken...
It wouldn't hurt. But those of us who are civilized have a good web browser and can just hit "Ctrl" + "F" and type in the name of the card we want in order to see if it's already been drafted... :p

Z

Zigathon

You know, I just realized that there are roughly 8,000+ Magic cards. How long are we going to be drafting? I say no cards newer than Coldsnap.