Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Jakaena, heal Throg"!

Laughing that a mummy stayed so close to him, Dorgath pivots and attacks it and hopefully the one after it.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Nice shot Carrow!" Ty shouts out as he charges at the nearest available mummy while dusting off any remaining Nazzrakin debris... o_O

turgy22

Nothing Special
-A mummy headbutts Throg (22/29).
This doesn't make any sense. Have you seen a chaos warrior's helmet? They are typically adorned with great spikes. Was the mummy wearing a helmet, too? I'm so confused by this event.

At any rate, Throg will use his Chalice of Night (if there are any hits left) to get a guaranteed hit on the Mummy and drain some life, in addition to his usual bevy of attacks.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Are you really out of arrows? I missed that part while I was admiring the shot! 😲

Does anyone else have any?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Are you really out of arrows? I missed that part while I was admiring the shot! 😲

Does anyone else have any?
I'll get back to this soon, but as a point of clarification, Carrow is not really out of arrows. He currently has 16 Arrows of Loren, 6 Razor Arrows, and 8 Fire Arrows stored in a Magical Quiver. At some point in the past, he chose to put away the Magical Quiver item (all it does is make regular arrows drawn from it count as magic weapons when shot at enemies, which tends to matter against daemons, as they are resistant against attacks from non-magic weapons).

The arrows that Carrow has been shooting up to this point have been drawn from his regular quiver. He left the Hail of Doom Arrow in there. I hadn't thought to point out to Mooseman what his arrow count was in a while, so I worry that it might have been a bit unfair of me to have Carrow use the last arrow from that quiver without him getting to decide whether or not to use the special one. On the other hand, I didn't expect you guys to rely on arrows alone to bring down the banshee, an extremely dangerous monster that can one-shot people if it rolls well enough with its Wail ability. Carrow's use of the Hail of Doom Arrow to put an end to that threat seems tactically effective, even if it was "accidental."

But he isn't out of arrows. He can retrieve the other quiver from his backpack and still have 30 more shots. Also, I think he missed a shot and has an intact arrow somewhere on the other side of the chasm, although I forget if that's right...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
We did sort of ignore the banshee threat for a minute there. I kinda realized that, so I had Ty break off and attack her FWIW. That's not a lot of shots left there for Carrow, BTW, even if they're good ones. Too bad no one else uses arrows.

Maybe I should have Ty start practicing with a bow next chance he gets...;)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't have a choice about Nazz - he attacked Ty!

You guys were just saving him...:cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath's Axe restores 1 Wound.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 3 Wounds (23/25).

-Tomas draws on his stored POW (11/15).
-Tomas casts Spear of Light, tossing the luminous beacon at Jekaena's assailant. The zombie becomes impaled on a glowing bolt of magical energy, and tumbles along the floor with a big hole ripped out of its chest.

-Kelgar uses Power of Sigmar to heal Carrow (15/17) and Throg (24/29).
-Carrow lashes out at a mummy with his sword (35/40).

-Carrow slices a mummy (32/40).
-Carrow heaves his sword for a big strike, but the mummy anticipates it and ducks beneath the blow.
-Carrow stabs a mummy in the torso (29/40).

-Carrow slashes a mummy viciously (24/40).
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist (4).

-As the mummy reels from Carrow's attacks, Revaethan hacks at it (21/40).
-Revaethan lunges into a low stance and cuts the mummy again (18/40).
-Revaethan slashes the mummy's neck (13/40).

-Revaethan strikes the mummy with an agile backstroke as it attempts to evade his attacks (11/40).
-Dorgath pivots and hacks at the nearest mummy. It staggers about clumsily, but evades the blow somehow.

-Dorgath charges the mummy, but loses his balance and accidentally drops his axe.
-Dorgath kicks at the mummy. Once again, despite its awkward gait, the undead monster manages to move in such a manner that Dorgath's attack fails to connect.
-Undeterred, Dorgath wallops the mummy with a gauntlet (4/40).

-Dorgath batters the mummy with a huge gauntlet attack, finishing it off.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Throg's Ice Missile connects, and he freezes the last remaining mummy.

Since the last mummy is imprisoned by Throg's Ring of Desolation, I guess you guys can maneuver however you want to in order to fight that thing before it unfreezes. No Tomb Rot this turn. The mummy is in the corner. You can surround it with up to three Warriors or just have one Warrior face it alone. Up to you, really...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming Ty didn't participate in the last combat because he has no access, he'll instead start checking the corpses of the already vanquished, starting with Nazz and the Cold One... :)