Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The path continues curving to the left (from the direction you're traveling). Eventually, it leads you closer to the pond. As you reach the final bend, you get a better view of what's there. The path becomes a small causeway that juts partway into the pond and terminates in a disc-shaped platform. A man sits at a table in the middle of the platform. He's still some distance off, but he appears to be human. It looks like he's wearing a purple jacket and eating something out of a metal bowl. A large scroll seems to be levitating alongside him for him to read.

The same aggressive vines from earlier spring up and block the path. And as before, other vines push open a trail that leads away from the pond. At the end of the trail, in the opposite direction from the causeway, a figure in a white robe beckons you toward the trail. Then the man in purple gestures, making an arcane symbol in the air, and the vines blocking the stone path toward him crumble to dust. The figure in the white robe stomps angrily and shakes a fist. Echoes of booming laughter from the man at the table reach your ears and he too beckons you toward him.

Jekaena: "In case anyone is wondering, I have no idea who either of these people are."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"It doesn't matter, but the one in white seemed to be annoyed and in here annoyance isn't normal...….. maybe that is the one to approach."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"sooo.... guy is purple robe or in white?"
Sorry if that wasn't clear. The guy at the table is wearing some kind of purple jacket or coat. He has a black beard. Other details are hard to discern from so far away. The figure in trail between the trees is wearing a hooded white robe and has no other visible features. Again, the distance makes it difficult to get a good look at either one.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Did Tomas recognize the arcane symbol purple-jacket made in the air? Throg? Jekaena?" If no one recognizes any particular significance in the symbol then it's hard to tell which one to choose. It probably doesn't matter though - if the is the Idyllic Copse then I would think anyone we find is likely a bad guy, or is trapped just like us.

I'd say we approach whomever is closest, ready to kick their butts... :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Did Tomas recognize the arcane symbol purple-jacket made in the air? Throg? Jekaena?" If no one recognizes any particular significance in the symbol then it's hard to tell which one to choose.
It was just barely too far away for them to try to identify the symbol.

I'd say we approach whomever is closest, ready to kick their butts... :)
Sorry, but they're equidistant from you. :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So it sounds like you guys are going down the trail toward the figure in the white robe. Same marching order as before? Throg & Dorgath, Revaethan & Ty, Tomas & Jekaena, Carrow & Kelgar...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Why assume these guys are nefarious? If the rest of the party is approaching the white-robed guy, Throg will put on his disguise and go talk to the purple jacket guy. If these guys are feuding, we could try to play both sides.

Also, Tomas wants to go with Throg in case something goes wrong.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I think if they're in here, they're nefarious. But we can check out each of their stories, although again, I hate splitting up..."