Commander 2019: Spidey (Merciless Rage) vs Mooseman (Faceless Menace)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Zombie token blocks Haruspex
Hermit and Skeleton block the first manifest creature

Spidey: 20
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 78
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T) Swamp
(T) Memorial to Folly (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; 2B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, R])
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman can produce)

Zombie Infestation (Discard two cards: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield)

(U) Grimoire of the Dead (1, T, Discard a card: Put a study ctr on ~.; T, Remove three study ctrs from ~ and sac it: Put all creature cards from all graveyards onto the battlefield under my control. They're black Zombies in addition to their other colors and types) *2 study ctr*

(U) Chainer, Nightmare Adept (3/2; Discard a card: I may cast a creature card from my graveyard this turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.; Whenever a nontoken creature ETB under my control, if I didn't cast it from my hand, it gains haste until my next turn)
(U) Thelonite Hermit (1/1; Saproling creatures get +1/+1.; Morph 3GG; When ~ is turned face up, create four 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens)
(T) Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
(S) Zombie creature token (2/2)
(S) Sanitorum Skeleton (1/2; 2B: Return ~ from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse,The Eldest Reborn, Swamp, Armillary Sphere, Mt, Squee
Exile:
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 19
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 70
Command Zone (Cast once): 1BGU
Battlefield:

(UU) Swamp
(U) Island
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Thornwood Falls (, L, ETB Tapped. ETB gain 1 life. T:G or U)
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, {T}: Add {2} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands.)

Bounty of the Luxa (, E, At the beginning of your next precombat main phase, remove all flood counters from Bounty of the Luxa. If no counters were removed this way, put a flood counter on Bounty of the Luxa and draw a card. Otherwise, add CGU to your mana pool.)
(U) Strionic Resonator ( A, 2, {T}: Copy target triggered ability you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
(T) Scroll of Fate (A , T: Manifest a card from your hand. (Put that card onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for it's mana cost if it's a creature card.))

(T) Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer (Naga Wizard, 3/3, The first face-down creature you cast each turn costs 3 less to cast. Whenever a face-down creature ETB under your control, draw a card.)
(T) Chromeshell Crab (Crab Beast, 3/3, Morph 4U . When Chromeshell Crab is turned face up, you may exchange control of target creature you control and target creature an opponent controls.)
(T) Grim Haruspex (Human Wizard, 3/2, Morph {B} Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, draw a card.)
(T) Manifest Creature (2/2)
(T) Manifest Creature (2/2)
(T) Morph Creature (2/2)

Graveyard: Farseek, Cultivate, Myriad Landscape, Swamp, Evolving Wilds
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, good one. I just couldn't get going with the "discard, recycle from graveyard" thing.

Onto the next!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I wasn't sure how the deck worked at first, but then realized that getting creatures out a lot and drawing cards to manifest was the way to go.
Good game.