Innistrad Event Decks: Spidey (Hold the Line) vs Oversoul (Deathfed)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Island, done.

Spiderman: 24
Hand: 5
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

Honor of the Pure (White creatures I control get +1/+1)

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(U) Elite Vanguard (6/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and Honor of the Pure) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
(U) Spirit creature token (2/2 from Honor of the Pure; Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

====================================================================================================

Oversoul: 20
Library: 34
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Swamp
(U) Hinterland Harbor (EtB tapped if I don't control a forest or island. T: Add G or U to my mana pool.)

(U) Llanowar Elves (1/1; T: Add G to my mana pool.)
(U) Armored Skaab (1/4; When ~ etb, put the top four cards of my library into my graveyard.)
(U,U,U,U) Spider token (1/2; Reach.) x4

Graveyard: Forbidden Alchemy, Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Forbidden Alchemy, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Accorder Paladin

Done

Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(U) Butcher's Cleaver (Equipped creature gets +3/+0.; As long as equipped creature is a Human, it has lifelink.; Equip 3)

(U) Elite Vanguard (6/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and Honor of the Pure) *Equipped w/Cleaver*
(S) Accorder Paladin (4/2 from Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot))

Graveyard:
Exile:

====================================================================================================

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Swamp
(U) Hinterland Harbor (EtB tapped if I don't control a forest or island. T: Add G or U to my mana pool.)

(U) Armored Skaab (1/4; When ~ etb, put the top four cards of my library into my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Forbidden Alchemy, Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Forbidden Alchemy, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ditch Swamp, Forest, Mulch. UUD, Forest, Boneyard Wurm, done.

Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(S) Accorder Paladin (4/2 from Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot))

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U,T,T) Forest x3
(U) Swamp

(S) Boneyard Wurm (5/5; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Forbidden Alchemy, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch
Exile: Forbidden Alchemy

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There he is...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Fiend Hunter, targeting the Wurm
Doomed Traveler

Done
Hand: 4
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Plains x4

(U) Accorder Paladin (4/2 from Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot))
(S) Fiend Hunter (2/4 from Honor of the Pure; When ~ ETB, I may exile another target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(S) Doomed Traveler (2/2 from Honor of the Pure; (When ~ dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying into the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U,T,T) Forest x3
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Forbidden Alchemy, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch
Exile: Forbidden Alchemy, Boneyard Wurm via Fiend Hunter

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT flashback Forbidden Alchemy, ditching Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab. UUD, Swamp, Boneyard Wurm, Bonehoard, Viridian Emissary, done.

Hand: 4
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Plains x4

(U) Accorder Paladin (4/2 from Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot))
(S) Fiend Hunter (2/4 from Honor of the Pure; When ~ ETB, I may exile another target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(S) Doomed Traveler (2/2 from Honor of the Pure; (When ~ dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying into the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Hand: 3
Library: 24
Battlefield:

(U,T) Island x2
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Hinterland Harbor (EtB tapped if I don't control a forest or island. T: Add G or U to my mana pool.)

(U) Bonehoard (Living Weapon. Equipped creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of creature cards in all graveyards. Equip 2.)

(S) Boneyard Wurm (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)
(S) Viridian Emissary (2/1; When ~ dies, I may search my library for a basic land, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library.)
(S) Germ (6/6) *Equipped with Bonehoard*

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab
Exile: Forbidden Alchemy, Forbidden Alchemy Boneyard Wurm via Fiend Hunter

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Oblivion Ring, targeting the Bonehoard
Bonds of Faith on the Wurm

Done

Hand: 2
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5

Oblivion Ring (When ~ ETB, exile another target nonland permanent.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.)
Bonds of Faith (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 as long as it's Human. Otherwise, it can't attack or block)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 24
Battlefield:

(U,T) Island x2
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Hinterland Harbor (EtB tapped if I don't control a forest or island. T: Add G or U to my mana pool.)

(S) Boneyard Wurm (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(S) Viridian Emissary (2/1; When ~ dies, I may search my library for a basic land, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library.)

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab
Exile: Forbidden Alchemy, Forbidden Alchemy Boneyard Wurm via Fiend Hunter, Bonehoard via Oblivion Ring

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, Splinterfright, done.

Hand: 2
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5

Oblivion Ring (When ~ ETB, exile another target nonland permanent.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.)
Bonds of Faith (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 as long as it's Human. Otherwise, it can't attack or block)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 23
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island x2
(U,U,U,T,T) Forest x5
(U,T) Swamp x2

(U) Boneyard Wurm (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U) Viridian Emissary (2/1; When ~ dies, I may search my library for a basic land, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library.)
(S) Splinterfright (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.)

Exile: Forbidden Alchemy, Forbidden Alchemy Boneyard Wurm via Fiend Hunter, Bonehoard via Oblivion Ring

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think my only hope is you decking yourself :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Bonds of Faith on Splinterfright
Equip the Cleaver to Doomed Traveler
Attack with Doomed Traveler
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 1
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x6

(U) Elite Vanguard (3/2 from Honor of the Pure)
(U) Fiend Hunter (2/4 from Honor of the Pure; When ~ ETB, I may exile another target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(T,A) Doomed Traveler (5/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and Honor of the Pure; (When ~ dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying into the battlefield) *Equipped w/Cleaver*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island x2
(U,U,U,T,T) Forest x5
(U,T) Swamp x2

(U) Boneyard Wurm (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U) Viridian Emissary (2/1; When ~ dies, I may search my library for a basic land, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library.)
(S) Splinterfright (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I wish I had trample.

Everyone involved dies, I gain 5 and a Spirit creature token.

Done

Spiderman: 29
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x6

(U) Fiend Hunter (2/4 from Honor of the Pure; When ~ ETB, I may exile another target creature.; When ~ leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control)
(S) Spirit creature token (2/2 from Honor of the Pure; Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island x2
(U,U,U,T,T) Forest x5
(U,T) Swamp x2

(S) Splinterfright (6/6; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U,U) Spider token (1/2; Reach.) x2

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Island, Spider Spawning, done.

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x6

(S) Spirit creature token (2/2 from Honor of the Pure; Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 20
Battlefield:

(U,T,T) Island x2
(U,U,T,T,T) Forest x5
(U,T) Swamp x2

(U) Splinterfright (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U,U,S,S,S,S,S,S,S) Spider token (1/2; Reach.) x9

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab, Armored Skaab, Island, Spider Spawning

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. I think that's the key card in this game.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Equip the Cleaver to the Paladin

Done

Library: 42
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x7

(U) Accorder Paladin (7/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot)) *Equipped w/Cleaver*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 20
Battlefield:

(U,T,T) Island x2
(U,U,T,T,T) Forest x5
(U,T) Swamp x2

(U) Splinterfright (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab, Armored Skaab, Island, Spider Spawning

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Boneyard Wurm, done.

Library: 42
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x7

(U) Accorder Paladin (7/2; Lifelink from Cleaver and Honor of the Pure; Battle Cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 ueot)) *Equipped w/Cleaver*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 17
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Island x2
(U,U,U,U,T) Forest x5
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Boneyard Wurm (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(S) Boneyard Wurm (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab, Armored Skaab, Island, Spider Spawning, Island, Island

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Butcher's Cleaver
Equip it to the Vanguard

Done

Library: 41
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x7

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 17
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Island x2
(U,U,U,U,T) Forest x5
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Boneyard Wurm (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(S) Boneyard Wurm (7/7; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab, Armored Skaab, Island, Spider Spawning, Island, Island

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, upkeep...

Splinterfright flips Llanowar Elves and Acidic Slime into my graveyard. That's probably it for me. I don't think this deck has any remaining enchantment removal left.

Draw, Boneyard Wurm, done.

Library: 41
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x7

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 14
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Island x2
(U,U,U,U,T) Forest x5
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Boneyard Wurm (9/9; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U) Splinterfright (9/9; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard. Trample. At the beginning of my upkeep, put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard.) *Bonded by Faith*
(U) Boneyard Wurm (9/9; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)
(S) Boneyard Wurm (9/9; Power and toughness equal to the number of creature cards in my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Forest, Mulch, Mulch, Viridian Emissary, Acidic Slime, Llanowar Elves, Llanowar Elves, Spider Spawning, Birds of Paradise, Mulch, Swamp, Forest, Mulch, Forest, Forest, Armored Skaab, Armored Skaab, Island, Spider Spawning, Island, Island, Llanowar Elves, Acidic Slime