Your favorite board games?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Timeline is a great game, but like trivial pursuit, it can get easy once you learn a lot of the dates for things.

R

rokapoke

Speaking of board games, Mooseman, when is that gaming convention returning to Northeastern Ohio?

R

rokapoke

AnCon (Hudson, Ohio) May 15-17, 2015
I am not sure that I will be able to make it. Unless we get a CPA contingent, then I will make the effort.
If by "CPA contingent" you mean me and you, then yes, I think we can pull that off. Ransac left Ohio for Maryland, saying something about wanting to stalk Spiderman. Maybe you can drag Killer Joe along; otherwise I'd have to convince Turgy22 to take some vacation time to visit Ohio...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If by "CPA contingent" you mean me and you, then yes, I think we can pull that off. Ransac left Ohio for Maryland, saying something about wanting to stalk Spiderman. Maybe you can drag Killer Joe along; otherwise I'd have to convince Turgy22 to take some vacation time to visit Ohio...
We will have to see. Really, it's only about 6 or 7 hours for Spidey and Ransac....... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Yeah, there's no way I can make it out there. Too much traveling scheduled elsewhere this year...

Killer Joe

Let check my schedule...

DSo the timeline game I bought "American History" had an error in it, one card said that Gerald Ford was elected President in 1972.

Nixon was elected in '72, right?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Let check my schedule...

DSo the timeline game I bought "American History" had an error in it, one card said that Gerald Ford was elected President in 1972.

Nixon was elected in '72, right?
Harry Turtledove says that Ford was elected in 1972 and that is where the alternate history starts......
Carter is not elected in 1976 when he runs against Reagan.
In 1978, Reagan is then assassinated by the head of the CIA head,GH Bush, in a coup that fails and VP Bob Dole is elected to two more terms.
Warren Buffet is elected in 1990 with running mate Ross Perot.......

Killer Joe

Here's my current "Top 25" board games (I own all of these)

1. Elder Sign
2. Eldritch Horror
3. New Bedford
4. Defenders of the Realm
5. Power Grid
6. Caylus
7. The Voyages of Marco Polo
8. Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu
9. Lorenzo il Magnifico
10.Ulm
11.Istanbul
12.Stone Age
13.Castles of Burgundy
14.Bruges
15.Lords of Waterdeep
16.Fresco
17.Airlines Europe
18.Puerto Rico
19.Royals
20.Kingsburg
21.Ticket to Ride
22.Cinque Terre
23.Splendor
24.Brass
25.Roll for the Galaxy

Soon El Grande will be added to the list, I'm thinking it'll be in the top 10

turgy22

Nothing Special
I never heard of any of those.

Any recommendations for a game that's just as fun for 2 players as it is for 5, involves some level of thinking, but isn't overly complicated and can be completed in about an hour?

P

Psarketos

Turgy, my favorites seem to match your parameters - Agricola, Caylus, and Chess. From Killer Joe's list I can also personally recommend Elder Sign.

Games I am looking to learn, possibly over the holiday season: Ex Libris and Xiangqi.