The Wicked Boosh - My Bosh Commander Deck

W

WickedBoy6

I've actually had this thing built for a good long while, and every time I go to the shops, I pick up another artifact or two. So far, this is the build:

Commander (1)
1x Bosh, Iron Golem

Land (37)
1x Buried Ruin
1x Cathedral of War
1x Cloudpost
1x Darksteel Citadel
1x Desert
1x Dread Statuary
1x Encroaching Wastes
1x Gargoyle Castle
1x Ghitu Encampment
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Ghost Town
1x Glimmerpost
1x Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai
1x Great Furnace
1x Haunted Fengraf
1x Hellion Crucible
1x Keldon Megaliths
1x Kher Keep
1x Mishra's Factory
1x Mystifying Maze
1x Petrified Field
1x Quicksand
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Rogue's Passage
1x Scorched Ruins
1x Sheltered Valley
1x Shivan Gorge
1x Smoldering Spires
1x Spinerock Knoll
1x Stalking Stones
1x Teetering Peaks
1x Thespian's Stage
1x Urza's Factory
1x Urza's Mine
1x Urza's Power Plant
1x Urza's Tower
1x Zoetic Cavern

Creature (28)
1x Altar Golem
1x Arcbound Crusher
1x Arcbound Overseer
1x Arcbound Ravager
1x Arcbound Reclaimer
1x Beast of Burden
1x Cathodion
1x Colossus of Akros
1x Darksteel Colossus
1x Darksteel Juggernaut
1x Darksteel Sentinel
1x Duplicant
1x Epochrasite
1x Gemini Engine
1x Golem Artisan
1x Iron Myr
1x Junk Diver
1x Karn, Silver Golem
1x Lodestone Golem
1x Manakin
1x Myr Battlesphere
1x Myr Propagator
1x Myr Retriever
1x Myr Welder
1x Palladium Myr
1x Plague Myr
1x Precursor Golem
1x Thopter Assembly

Artifact (34)
1x Blinkmoth Urn
1x Contagion Clasp
1x Contagion Engine
1x Darksteel Forge
1x Darksteel Plate
1x Dreamstone Hedron
1x Energy Chamber
1x Everflowing Chalice
1x Fire Diamond
1x Font of Mythos
1x Howling Mine
1x Icy Manipulator
1x Illusionist's Bracers
1x Mimic Vat
1x Mind Stone
1x Mirrorworks
1x Pyxis of Pandemonium
1x Quietus Spike
1x Ring of Three Wishes
1x Semblance Anvil
1x Sisay's Ring
1x Skullclamp
1x Sol Ring
1x Spine of Ish Sah
1x Staff of Nin
1x Swiftfoot Boots
1x Thousand-Year Elixir
1x Titan Forge
1x Tower of Calamities
1x Unwinding Clock
1x Ur-Golem's Eye
1x Voltaic Key
1x Warden of the Wall
1x Xanthic Statue

I'm thinking of cutting some of the bigger things - Xanthic Statue being the big example - or weird decisions - Warden of the Wall, I'm looking at you - to make way for more Myr fuel for the Battlesphere. I'm also thinking of adding Grafted Exoskeleton and Hellkite Tyrant for alt-wins.

W

WickedBoy6

I bought only the finest slightly/heavily-played cards $76 in store credit could offer. :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was referring more to actually figuring out what to include in the deck in the first place than to acquiring the cards. Building decks is some great arcane puzzle and building highlander decks is even more daunting. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but I do.

W

WickedBoy6

Well, to be fair, this is, like, the fifth revision of it. I essentially just picked mana ramp, some nice beef to fling with Bosh, and just some of the best artifacts I remember having - Serrated Arrows, Jayemdae Tome, Sol Ring - and then finding out what worked and what didn't as I played. Plus, I asked around, got some people's input, listened to some - didn't listen to others, as a lot of people want me to flood it with mountains and fetch - and finally got to this point. Now, all I do is grab one or two semi-expensive cards every now and again to flesh it out, like Wurmcoil Engine and Jitte.

I actually ended up getting a Jitte for $12, but it's an alt-art I got from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Umezawas-Jitte-Edh-Art-Foil/dp/B00GK18LDQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1398320670&sr=1-3&keywords=umezawa%27s+jitte (long link is long) - but I'm sure some people may have issues about the fact that it's a proxy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That proxy is using the art from the foil Grand Prix printing of Jitte. Real Grand Prix Jittes are worth a lot, of course. Personally, I'm all for people being able to use proxies in casual games so long as everyone involved knows and agrees beforehand.

T

Terentius

I was referring more to actually figuring out what to include in the deck in the first place than to acquiring the cards. Building decks is some great arcane puzzle and building highlander decks is even more daunting. Obviously not everyone feels that way, but I do.

I feel this way too. For Commander, I took an easier path and went with Slivers, basically just slapping together singles from the Premium Sliver deck, supported by powerful five color cards and simple control and mana base support spells. Though I'm not saying that deck is good.

W

WickedBoy6

Oversoul said:
That proxy is using the art from the foil Grand Prix printing of Jitte. Real Grand Prix Jittes are worth a lot, of course. Personally, I'm all for people being able to use proxies in casual games so long as everyone involved knows and agrees beforehand.
I feel the same way. I mean, it's not like I'm running a random M14 Island with "Uzemaw's Jet" written in Sharpie on it. This looks legit enough to be a real card, but we all know it's not.
And Terentius, that's the best way to go. Work on a theme, work backwards from it and add what you know is the best thing for the theme. Playtest it, play it, and you'll see what works and what doesn't. I still have some high-CC beef in there, mainly for Bosh, but Colossus of Sardia was NOT working at all in this deck - way too slow - so I cut it for Colossus of Akros, which is way better.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got some new cards for Bosh: Alloy Myr, Moltensteel Dragon, Grafted Exoskeleton, Myr Turbine, Myr Incubator, Hellkite Tyrant, and the proxy Jitte. Just need to cut some things to fit them in. Suggestions?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I still don't have any suggestions for what to cut, and I feel a little guilty about that. I'm going to be whining for everyone to help me figure my own Commander deck out pretty soon here, but I don't even have anything for you. Apparently no one does. We're all too busy? :(

W

WickedBoy6

It's fine. I had already done so. Got rid some of the more-expensive and narrower mana producers and the weaker token generators, like Precursor Golem. So, the last I need is a legit Jitte, Thran Dynamo, Wurmcoil Engine, and possibly Batterskull. Then, it will be complete.

W

WickedBoy6

I'm in the process of getting a Dynamo right now. Not sure what to cut for THAT, but I'll get to that when I get there.

What's your Commander deck? I might be able to help.