Ramaz Boss Deck

Killer Joe

This is a modified version of 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Ramaz Boss Deck called URG Prophetic Ravings. It's 75 cards for the league Mooseman and I play in every month.
Artifacts (4)
1x Dragon’s Tooth
1x Elixir of Immortality
1x Kraken’s Eye
1x Wurm’s Tooth
Creatures (13)
1x Conquering Masticore*
1x Dragonlair Spider*
1x Intet, the Dreamer*
4x Jungle Barrier
1x Malestrom Wanderer*
1x Master of the Wild Hunt*
4x Obstinate Baloth*
Spells (28)
1x Blatant Thievery*
1x Burgeoning
1x Crush of Wurms*
4x Desperate Ravings*
4x Flame Slash*
2x Fool’s Demise*
1x Ghitu Fire
3x Harmonize*
4x Prophetic Bolt*
3x Savage Twister
4x Temporal Springs
Lands (30)
2x Evolving Wilds
10x Forest*
7x Island*
7x Mountain*
1x Reliquary Tower
3x Terramorphic Expanse
* - indicates from the original deck list

The deck is fun to play but slow as hell. However, once it sinks it's teeth into the game it can be tough to beat. My version prior to this one included three Planeswalkers; Chandra, Jace & Garruk, in one game that Mooseman played in I was able to plop down all three in one turn, SWEET!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
In the game, Ramaz's deck is actually stacked, like the encounters. It's weird that they'd do that for the boss, but it's definitely the case. As far as Duels of the Planeswalkers decks go, Prophetic Ravings isn't even particularly slow. But it definitely is a bit odd. It's reminiscent of Keeper decks in Vintage: doing so much for seemingly small gains, but building up into a dominant force.

Frantic Search seems like a good fit here.

Oh, and which planeswalkers are you referring to? Chandra, Jace, and Garruk have each gotten four different planeswalker cards (and no other planeswalkers have, so far).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ah, the originals. Yeah, I'd be provoked by almost any planeswalker in a multiplayer game, just because their ultimates are usually game-breaking and people might try to build up to them.

T

Terentius

I kind of miss multiplayer politics, but I feel like as soon as I played a game against more than two people/teams, I'd remember why I detest it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think it's great. I mean, individual duels are what have really held my interest in the game over the years, but I usually find chaotic multiplayer hijinks to be very fun, even when I expend the contents of my hand to heroically save everyone from the guy attempting to win with an infinite combo and Spiderman, not noticing that I just saved him, attacks me. :p

Killer Joe

I absolutely LOVE chaotic multi-player games, the more the merrier for me but our league came up with a rule that once we hit 8 players we splinter into two separate games and do so at 12 and 16 players. Last month I think we did have three separate game with 14 players in all. The top four point leaders are split up as much as possible and if you eliminate a point leader in your game you collect an additional point.
w00t!
Mooseman is now worth an additional point since he's sitting alone at the top of our rankings. :p

Killer Joe

Okay, this weekend I got to "play-test" the above version at an extra GASP games Day and though we didn't have an official MML game we did play with MML rules (75 card deck minimum and draw an extra card starting on turn 7) and I won a four player game.

I submitted an article with details.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul said:
when I expend the contents of my hand to heroically save everyone from the guy attempting to win with an infinite combo and Spiderman, not noticing that I just saved him, attacks me
It was probably over the weekend and I lost track of what was going on in the game :D

Killer Joe

Last night I got to play one game with this deck, I played against a somewhat new player but his deck was inefficient (BWR Sorin deck) and it worked rather well with no glitches but again, it was a two-player game with a newbie.

Killer Joe

I get to put this thing to the test this Saturday at our league game for April.​
I'll post here how it went.​

Killer Joe

QUESTION: I suppose the reason the original deck has Fool Demise is so that when Earthquake was played the creature that died would go to my control, I have swapped out Earthquake for Savage Twister so I wouldn't take damage and Savage Twister damages all creatures rather than just non-flyers. So, does having Fool's Demise in this deck make sense to you or is there something else to fill those two slots with like Switcheroo or Capsize?

Killer Joe

I can't quite put my finger on it but even though this deck is slow I really enjoy playing it. I didn't win but I had an enjoyable game.