Tribal Game 15

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think when we were originally discussing it, no one really remembered the "true" reason of why we banned them, although I think you might have gone back and tried to find some old threads or something. I can't remember if anyone actually played them in a game or they were banned from the beginning because of someone else's experience with them in other play groups.

But like I said, I think they are a group unto themselves; either we all play one of them or we don't play any of them. It takes so long to get going on the forums that I don't think we need to leave it open for further play.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I think when we were originally discussing it, no one really remembered the "true" reason of why we banned them, although I think you might have gone back and tried to find some old threads or something. I can't remember if anyone actually played them in a game or they were banned from the beginning because of someone else's experience with them in other play groups.
Well, I guess I assumed that it was for "power level reasons" and didn't bother thinking any more specific terms than that. The first mention of banning them that I can recall was by you, Spiderman (in the original "tribal?" thread back before we actually played any of the games), and we all seemed to agree with it at the time. So I guess if you want a more concrete reason why goblins, elves, and zombies would be banned, you'd yourself be the person to ask. :p

Anyway, I already said I won't be playing one of them, so I'll figure out what kind of deck I'm actually going to build. I'll be way slower than my goblin deck, and I'll probably get targeted and slaughtered anyway just in case, which is fine. ;)

I'll make a post in the administration thread too.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Well, we all know (or should know) that I have a terrible memory, so I'm no good... :D If I remembered, I would have said so when this first came up when we were revising the rules. I can just speculate that I probably had a "good" reason back then, such as they were banned in the Tribal page from which we were drawing the rules from, but it certainly wasn't on a whim or anything...

I think we might as well "draw the line" now, so to speak, and document it so when this comes up in another five years, we won't have this memory problem :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think I might try changelings.... only changelings..... I wonder if there are any changeling intants or such stuff.
Try for next week or Monday the 8th