Tribal Game 15

turgy22

Nothing Special
Posted here or on the boards in general? If here, I think he was waiting for CanadianBrad. If elsewhere, I thought he posted in the CPA/Magic Issues forum about EDH fairly recently (like last week).
Oh, Spiderman. How long have we known each other? 8 years? And you still don't understand my jokes? Come on.

I have no response to Oversoul's obvious attempt to ruin our game by playing an overpowered tribe.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have no response to Oversoul's obvious attempt to ruin our game by playing an overpowered tribe.
I tried to think of a witty rejoinder to this, but I couldn't. I guess I don't have any response to your lack of response.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
Oh, Spiderman. How long have we known each other? 8 years? And you still don't understand my jokes? Come on.
:( I thought about it after I posted and thought it might have been a joke but decided not to edit. Use smilies, man! :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Smilies are useful. On my own, I would never have guessed that Spiderman went from really sad to really happy in the space of his own single sentence.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, it looks like there are no responses. In that case, I'll use Lackey's ability to put Kiki-Jiki onto the battlefield, cast a Goblin Piledriver, and end my turn.

Spiderman: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

(U) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

Graveyard:
Exile:
======================================================================

Mooseman: 20
Hand: 7
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
CanadianBrad: 20 (Dropping due to inactivity?)
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 20
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Snow-Covered Mountain
(T) Swamp

(T) Goblin Lackey (1/1; Whenever this deals damage to a player, I may put a goblin permanent from my hand onto the battlefield)
(U) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (2/2; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(S) Goblin Piledriver (1/2; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)

Graveyard:
Exile:
turgy22: 19
Battlefield:
(T) Tropical Island (Forest Island)

(S) Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
KillerJoe: 19
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, draw.
Forest.
Ohran Viper.
Done.

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

(U) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

(T) Goblin Lackey (1/1; Whenever this deals damage to a player, I may put a goblin permanent from my hand onto the battlefield)
(U) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (2/2; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(S) Goblin Piledriver (1/2; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 50
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

(T) Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(S) Ohran Viper (Snow Creature - Snake; 1/3;Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat. Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Killer Joe

Untap:___
UpKeep:___
Draw: 1 card
Play: Forest
Tap both Forest, play Grizzly Bear (2/2 creature, no abilities)
End Step: (if there are no responses, go!)

Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(U) Grizzly Bear (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

(T) Forest
(T)Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

(T) Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(S) Ohran Viper (Snow Creature - Snake; 1/3;Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat. Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw.

Sporecap Spider

Done.

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

(T) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

(S) Sporecap Spider (1/5; Reach)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw.
Plains

Noble Panther

Done.

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

(T) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(S) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
After the beginning of Mooseman's end of turn step, I'll tap Kiki-Jiki to make a copy of Goblin Lackey.

Untap, upkeep, draw, Bloodstained Mire, activate Mire to grab a Mountain, play Goblin Chieftan, tap Kiki-Jiki to make a copy of Goblin Lackey, attack Spiderman with all of my goblins (but not Kiki-Jiki, since he's already tapped). That's...

Goblin Lackey (2/2)
Goblin Lackey temporary copy (2/2)
Goblin Lackey temporary copy (2/2)
Goblin Chieftan (2/2)
Goblin Piledriver (10/3)

Responses and/or blocks?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I probably won't be home for the rest of the day and other people might. So if there are no responses, the rest of my turn will be to use the triggers from the copies of Goblin Lackey to put Goblin Warchief and Krenko, Mob Boss into play, then tap Krenko to make 8 goblin tokens.

Correction: Goblin Piledriver is a 10/3 until end of turn, not a 9/2. Goblin Chieftan is a 2/2, not a 3/3. I accidentally added the Chieftan's bonus to itself and not to the Piledriver. The resulting damage, assuming that the Lackey is still the one blocked, would be the same. But I thought I should fix my mistake anyway.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright then. Looks like it's KJ's turn?

Spiderman: 4?
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(S) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T) Goblin Lackey (2/2; Whenever this deals damage to a player, I may put a goblin permanent from my hand onto the battlefield)
(U) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (3/3; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(T) Goblin Piledriver (2/3; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)
(T) Goblin Chieftan (2/2; Goblins I control have haste and +1/+1)
(U) Goblin Warchief (3/3; Goblins I control have haste and cost 1 less to play)
(T) Krenko, Mob Boss (4/4; T: makes X 1/1 goblin tokens, where X is the number of goblins I control)
(U,U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Goblin x8 (2/2)

Graveyard: Bloodstained Mire
Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile: