Battlefield:
Draw: 1
Play: Forest

(T,T, U) Forest x3
(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Comment: How many Goblins in play!? o_O!?
=========================================================================
Spiderman: 4?
Hand: 5
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mountain x2

(T) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

(S) Sporecap Spider (1/5; Reach)

Graveyard:
Exile:
======================================================================

Mooseman: 20
Hand: 6
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(S) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:
CanadianBrad: 20 (Dropping due to inactivity?)
Hand: 7
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Oversoul: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Snow-Covered Mountain
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T) Goblin Lackey (2/2; Whenever this deals damage to a player, I may put a goblin permanent from my hand onto the battlefield)
(U) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (3/3; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(T) Goblin Piledriver (2/3; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)
(T) Goblin Chieftan (2/2; Goblins I control have haste and +1/+1)
(U) Goblin Warchief (3/3; Goblins I control have haste and cost 1 less to play)
(T) Krenko, Mob Boss (4/4; T: makes X 1/1 goblin tokens, where X is the number of goblins I control)
(U,U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Goblin x8 (2/2)

Graveyard: Bloodstained Mire
Exile:
turgy22: 19
Battlefield:
(T) Tropical Island (Forest Island)
(T) Forest

(T) Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(S) Ohran Viper (Snow Creature - Snake; 1/3;Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat. Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Um,lots

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Deadly Recluse

Done

Spiderman: 4
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mountain x2

(T) Fellwar Stone (T: Add to my mana poo one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls can produce)

(U) Sporecap Spider (1/5; Reach)
(S) Deadly Recluse (1/2; Reach; Deathtouch)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(S) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T) Goblin Lackey (2/2; Whenever this deals damage to a player, I may put a goblin permanent from my hand onto the battlefield)
(U) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (3/3; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(T) Goblin Piledriver (2/3; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)
(T) Krenko, Mob Boss (4/4; T: makes X 1/1 goblin tokens, where X is the number of goblins I control)

Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

(T) Birds of Paradise (0/1; Flying; T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(S) Ohran Viper (Snow Creature - Snake; 1/3;Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat. Whenever Ohran Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

========================================================================
KillerJoe: 19
Battlefield:

(T,T, U) Forest x3

(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I am not the Goblin king...... or Rain king or whatever that song said
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Skyhunter Skirmisher

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Forest x2

(U) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )
(S) Skyhunter Skirmisher (1/1, Cat Knight Flying, double strike )

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T, U) Forest x3

(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was hoping someone would cast Wrath of God or something. Well, it isn't over yet. But I am regretting playing goblins and I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea. In retrospect, I don't think the "lowlander" deckbuilding restriction is enough for some tribes. Well, whatever happens, I won't be playing zombies or elves next time. Maybe I should play some phenomenally underpowered tribe, like as penance or something...

Well, here we go. Let's see what happens.

Untap, upkeep, draw, tap Kiki-Jiki to make a copy of Goblin Piledriver, tap Krenko to make 15 goblin tokens. I'll attack Spiderman with 4 goblin tokens, Turgy with 11 goblin tokens, and Killer Joe with Goblin Lackey and the temporary copy of Goblin Piledriver. Responses/blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Forest x2

(U) Noble Panther (3/3, Cat, 1: Noble Panther gains first strike until end of turn. )

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(U) Snow-Covered Mountain
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain

(T) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (3/3; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(U) Goblin Piledriver (2/3; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)
(U) Goblin Chieftan (2/2; Goblins I control have haste and +1/+1)
(T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T) Goblin x15 (2/2)
(T) Temporary Copy of Goblin Piledriver (generated by Kiki-Jiki)
Exile:
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T, U) Forest x3

(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think only Mooseman had a chance to cast Wrath; I think I have Pyroclasm in my deck but not in my hand.

Block two of the tokens.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, no one else has responded yet. It's finals week for me, so I'm not going to be on much until I'm done with that crap. If I remember correctly, the rest of my turn was to play a Goblin Warrens if no one had any responses, but I was expecting that there'd probably be responses...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, well, I think Oversoul was waiting for any combat responses before making sure of that :)

I'll send a PM to KJ, he seems to get those as opposed to checking the game.

Killer Joe

(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
I'll block the Goblin Lackey with both of my bears (no instant effects from me)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright then, I think the board is like this...

Spiderman: 4 (0?)
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Forest x2

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T) Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (3/3; Haste; T: puts a token copy of a a creature I control onto the battlefield with haste and the token dies at the beginning of the next end of turn step)
(U) Goblin Piledriver (2/3; Protection from blue; Whenever this attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking goblin)
(U) Goblin Chieftan (2/2; Goblins I control have haste and +1/+1)
(T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,) Goblin x13 (2/2)

Goblin Warrens (2R: sacrifice two goblins to make three 1/1 goblin tokens)

Graveyard: Bloodstained Mire, Goblin Lackey
Exile:
turgy22: 19 (0?)
Battlefield:
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

KillerJoe: 19 (0?)
Battlefield:

(T,T, U) Forest x3

(S) Runeclaw Bear (2/2)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's almost right. The only question is aren't the Goblin tokens that were generated by Kiki dead once your end of turn step started?

R

rokapoke

I think it's almost right. The only question is aren't the Goblin tokens that were generated by Kiki dead once your end of turn step started?
Kiki only made a Piledriver... the rest of the tokens are permanent.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry Guys. I drew a plains and not the wrath I needed
Looks like this game is a wrap.
Can we do another with out the turn 5 kills? :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I'd like to try this again and I'll think of some tribe that isn't so cheesy. I figured I'd jump on goblins before anyone else did, but it just made for a deck that was too explosive because that's what goblin decks do. If other people want to build decks around another overpowered tribe like elves, go for it. No, really. I don't have any deck ideas right now, but if we do another game, I'll find some more obscure tribe like lhurgoyfs or nephilim or spellshapers or something. I don't know.

Wrath of God would probably have killed me. I had one card left in my hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is why we banned those three tribes in the first place; most everyone is interested in using "obscure" tribes and with just one person using a "power 3" tribe, it doesn't make for much fun. I suppose if everyone was using one of them, it might be better, but I think we banned those three more to protect ourselves.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think this is why we banned those three tribes in the first place; most everyone is interested in using "obscure" tribes and with just one person using a "power 3" tribe, it doesn't make for much fun. I suppose if everyone was using one of them, it might be better, but I think we banned those three more to protect ourselves.
I agree. I didn't think much of it when we were coming up with new rules and no one really addressed it, or if they did, I missed it (I think CanadianBrad was questioning why we would ban them at all, but that just led to me explaining why I thought banning them in the non-restricted version of tribal games was valid). If we'd had this data point to go off, or if I'd just thought more realistically about it more, I'd have said we should ban those three tribes even with the restriction rule. Goblins, at least (and elves too, probably zombies as well), don't really need cards outside the tribe to be powerful. The goblin deck I built had well over the 1/3 deck construction quota and only used a handful of utility and acceleration cards, which, as we saw, I didn't even need.

Nevertheless, I don't intend to push for a rules change after just one game under these rules. If someone else wants to play elves or zombies, I'm inclined to see if we can stop the power train before it hits us. I'm not even inclined to use another proven tribe right now. I'll find some tribe that's never been played yet.

If you guys do want to do tribal bans now, I'm fine with that too. Whatever works.