The CPA movie critics forum

D

Duel

*cough*Badwesternmovies*cough*

Okay, sixth sense was beautifully done Even after knowning the plot, the movie was a pleasure to watch. 10/10

Fight club and americna beauty were matching right below it at 9/10

K

krichaiushii

Baskil --

If you want bad, try to find a copy of Alien Dead. I have only seen it available from public libraries, its so bad.

I own Dawn of the Dead, and enjoy watching it. I guess I am just jaded by todays ritzy effects... ;)

Westerns, good or bad, are a good way to pass a holiday weekend (that and beer and gaming). And millions agree with me, or WTBS wouldn't have 24-hour marathons.

Speaking of which, the Death Wish movies are fun to watch, if predictable. 5/10 for them. Though I think a young Deanna Troi (the actress not the character) is in the first one.

B

Baskil

We know him well. Alien Dead was one of the first movies of his we did. It was excellent (1.5/10) for riffing. "Hey, you! Stop Looking at the camera!"

Other Fred Olen Ray greats:
Invisible Mom II
Bikini Drive-in
Dinosaur Island
Droid Gunner (a pretty decent Bladrunner ripoff)
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
Sideshow (with the great Phil Fondacaro(Willow's* buddy from the beginning of the film))

*Speaking of Willow, the guy who was Willow, Warwick Davis, has been in his share of bad films. Apart from the Leprechaun series, he was also in Star Wars Episode I(He was a stand-in for Yoda)... what a shame.

F

fuzzy510

The Arrival

9.0/10

For fans of Sci-Fi movies. I saw this a year ago, and saw it again this weekend on (gasp!) NBC. SEE IT! Rent it tonight at your local Blockbuster!

C

Cateran Emperor

American Beauty: -3/10
I want my two hours back... I don't even want to mention this overhyped piece of garbage ever again. :mad:

ANH: 8/10
ESB: 11/10
RotJ: 9/10
TPM: 'bout a 5 or so...
The series obviously peaked at Empire, the greatest movie EVER. Nothing else comes anywhere near it.

The Matrix: 4/10
Special effects and paranoid plot do not a movie make...

Dune: 9/10
Great movie, I'm glad the Sci-Fi channel is doing a remake of it, which is on right now. Uh-oh, gotta run!

[me]runs to the nearest TV[/me]

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Well, I think I'll be going to the new Sherlock Holmes, just because the first one was so hilariously bad.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Has any anyone seen the new Hobbit trailer?

Not sure as I hate Peter Jackson..... but maybe.....

embedded video? I didn't know we could do that.... cool....

It is now removed.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I realize that I do not see movies as the come out (usually months or years later), so I DVR'd the Hunger Games last month and couldn't get past the part where they start hunting each other.
Wasn't this done over and over before? I couldn't care any less for these characters. This movies was raved about, but I didn't see it.
Sat I am off to see the new Oz movie with my wife, I hope it is better than the previews make it out to be.

What movies look good?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sat I am off to see the new Oz movie with my wife, I hope it is better than the previews make it out to be.
LOL. Good luck with that. The last time I went to see a movie (the Hobbit), I couldn't stop laughing through the previews because they all looked so awful. Oz was one such movie.

What movies look good?
Upcoming? Who knows? I believe another Hobbit installment is due in December.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Saw thew OZ movie in 3D. The 3D was annoying and detracted from the movie.
The movie needed no distractions, since it wasn't that good to begin with.
It's a little predictable and not very interesting
I'd give it a 4