Fantasy Football 2012

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, you should do this all season :D

After being fairly inconsistent all season long, Spider strung together a winning streak that started one week too late.
Yeah, that was a disappointment to me... that one week with the 8 point/4 WRs especially killed me. I just didn't know who would be hot or cold week to week...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Some more fun stuff

REGULAR SEASON STATS:

Longest Winning Streak: The Takklemaggots - 7 weeks (weeks 3-9)
Longest Losing Streak: MooseJaw_Charge - 11 weeks (weeks 3-11)
Highest Single Game Score: TomBStoners - 410 - 230 (week 5 vs. Dummies for Ransac)
Lowest Single Game Score: MooseJaw_Charge - 134 (week 10 vs. TomBStoners)
Widest Margin of Victory: TomBStoners - 198 point differential (332 - 134 week 10 over MooseJaw_Charge)
Thinnest Margin of Victory: Simarils - 3 point differential (week 10 over Simarils)

CPA LEAGUE STATS:
Longest Current Playoffs Streak: Ransac's Maniacs and The Takklemaggots - 2 (both made the playoffs last year)
Most CPA League Titles: Spiderman - 5 (This year's playoffs have a combined total of 3 titles)

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
#2 The Takklemaggots (turgy22) vs. #3 Ransac's Maniacs (Ransac): Ransac pretty much rolled over and died in their week 6 matchup, when the Maniacs put up their second lowest score of the season in a 266-196 loss. Since then, both teams have only suffered 3 losses and their scoring average in that span is very close (Ransac ~270 - turgy22 ~264). Both teams beat the top-ranked TomBStoners and lost to some underperforming teams, so this is the one of the matchups to watch this week; indeed, this is currently the closest projection, with The Takklemaggots edging out a 269-267 advantage on Tuesday. Being involved in this matchup, I'm a little biased. Both teams have stud QB's and a top offensive player on IR on their benches. The difference may come to whether or not Ransac's RB's can outplay turgy22's RB's. I'm not one to shy away from a close matchup, so I'll thick-headedly predict...

Prediction: Ransac's Maniacs
Seems you forgot to account for the fact that my kicker is a one-man wrecking crew.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Indeed. Blair Walsh destroyed me... as did Russell Wilson, though I was less upset with that monstrous performance (Go Seahawks!!!)

Also, anyone see the TomBStoners score?

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
I saw he lost. Close game, though. He was down 70+ points going into the night game and I thought, based on the performances of Crabtree and Gore, that he would have come up on top. Off by three points, which I believe is tied for the closest margin of victory in the league this season, which Melkor had previously done against me in week 10. I'm hoping to get some revenge on the Silmarils in the championship game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I still gotta check my scores, although I think I won, going into the 8 oclock games last night...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Between Rivers and Boldin I'm not sure which one did me in the worst...:(

Congratulations Melkor and turgy! Good luck in the finals!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, this is it... the weekend we've all been waiting for. Without further ado.... here are the Championship week matchups:

CONSOLATION BRACKET:

The Golden Toilet Trophy - #8 Wildcard vs. #7 DF's Warriors: Both teams were crushed last week by their opponents (losses of 47 and 76 points), which pretty much defined their seasons. Each team consistently lost throughout the season, sprinkling a win here and there; they even each got a 2-game winning streak a some point. They each have a couple of decent players on their rosters, but never had the consistent game changers to put pressure on their opponents on a weekly basis. Having won both of the matchups these two have played this year, Darth Ferret is currently an underdog going into this week. However, part of this is that he's currently starting Ryan Matthews who is on IR. After making a change, this matchup projects to be much closer. I'm going for a clean sweep, thinking that Matt Schaub and RG3 can top Palmer/Ponder and choose...

My prediction: DF's Warriors by 25 points.

The "Too-Little-Too-Late" Streaking Trophy - #6 Dwarven Miners vs. #5 Inaction in Action: What a month they've had. Each team is currently riding a decent winning streak and destroyed their opponents by each topping 300 points in the first round of consolation. Each team is packed with studs and look to continue this pace, so we may be in store for a high scoring dump from both sides... though there are several tough matchups for key players on both sides (Peterson in Houston, Richardson in Denver, Rice in NYG, etc.) I think these guys are going to hover around the 260-280 range. Rokapoke took both games this year, including his season high scoring output or 378 in week 10, when IiA began his 6 game streak. At the moment, Spidey is a 26 point favorite but it's so hard to pick against a team with Tom Brady facing the Jaguars.... When the dust settles, the team I foresee bearing our Consolation Bracket champ is...

My prediction: Inaction in Action

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET:

The "Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Nuclear Bombs" 3rd Place Trophy - #3 Ransac's Maniacs vs. #1 TomBStoners: This was TomB's season to lose. Averaging nearly 300 points per game, he was far away the most dominating team in the regular season... only to put up his second lowest scoring total of the year against the limping Simarils; the closest playoff game so far ended with a mere three points difference between the two teams. Meanwhile, Ransac was crushed in a 36 point loss by a Takklemaggots team that boasted Russell Wilson's best game of the season (62 points) and a kicker that scored 47 points. Now, the No. 1 seed and former champion will face off to be 2nd runner up. These teams split their 2 matchups with TomB winning in week 2 by 4 points and Ransac evening the series in week 11 by 13 points. This is currently the closest projected game of the week, with TomB edging out a 292-288 advantage. Both teams have very good rosters all the way down and this one could go either way. That being said, as much as I love to boast about my team, I don't see TomB having a losing streak this year.

My prediction: TomBStoners

The Rupert Dillinger Blakeley CPA FFL Trophy- #2 The Takklemaggots vs. #4 Simarils: The name of the this trophy was granted by a quick search on Yahoo for the most pretentious names ever. We have a team that boasted the highest score last week in The Takklemaggots taking on a relatively still limping Simarils that appears to still be backing his way into the playoffs and his wins. It should be noted that Melkor has won both meetings with turgy22 by a combined total of 13 points: Not a lot, but still gets the job done. Simarils also holds a 24 point projection advantage. That being said, turgy22 rebounded from a disappointing loss in the final game of the season by scoring 100 points higher in the first round and appears to be capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone. It appears that this season's championship will be won by a team with a strong mix of rookies (Luck/Wilson for turgy, Morris for Melkor). While Yahoo seems to think this game is heavily in Melkor's favor, Drew Brees' projected 63 points comes at a point in the season when he's not reached that output but 1 time in two months: last week in the shutout versus the Giants. I'm not sure if that can be replicated versus a surging Dallas team. Additionally, Russell Wilson has topped 60 points twice in two weeks, but we don't know if that will happen against a ravenous 49er's defense. My gut instinct tells me that these two players will decide this matchup. My pick? Well.... the Seahawks ARE playing at home ;)

My prediction:Simarils

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Once again, nice write-up! I obviously hope you're wrong about my matchup, but I'm also leery about my team: good on paper, but absolutely a mystery when it actually comes time to perform.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I got the first pick of the draft next year....... If I do this a few times I could become the Cleveland Browns....

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yay! I finally brought home a championship trophy. This group of guys worked hard all season and never quit and they deserve that ring as much as I do. Also, I've got to give credit to my new GM this season, Yahoo Autodraft, who really made some fine choices during the offseason.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats turgy22!

And I managed to beat the Ransac Prediction Machine, but again, only to a steller performance by Romo and solid performances by my RBs. My WRs, as a whole, sucked, although one didn't do too bad. Oh, and the CHI DEF was a beast also.

I'm hoping Yahoo Autodraft will be kinder next season also :)