2HG Innistrad PreCons: Spidey & boogiepop vs Mooseman & turgy22

B

boogiepop

Casting Dream Twist on turgy again at end of turn. (3 cards to graveyard)

Will have the turn posted soon.

B

boogiepop

Untap, Upkeep (Grasp of Phantoms returned to hand), Draw.

I cast Grasp of Phantoms on the Moon Heron and use Cellar Door on turgy again. Assuming Moon Heron goes to the top of Mooseman's library, we'll attack with the Morkrut Banshee, Reassembling Skeleton, and Charmbreaker Devils.

Side note: I just noticed how few lands you've discarded, turgy. Only 2 (and with 11 in play?) I actually feel sorry for milling your fireball.

Team A: 14

Spidey:
Hand: 3
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(T) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)
(T) Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth, Demonmail Hauberk, Typhoid Rats, Disciple of Griselbrand

Exile: Moldgraf Monstrosity

boogiepop:
Library: 23
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(UUTTT) Island x5

(T) Charmbreaker Devils (4/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +4/+0 until end of turn.) *with +4/0 until end of turn

(T) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Curse of the Bloody Tome (Enchantment – Aura Curse; At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.) ~Enchanting Turgy22

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Dream Twist (Instant, Target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Flashback 1U.)
Murder of Crows, Mountain, Burning Vengeance, Deranged Assistant, Fortress Crab
Pitchburn Devils, Fortress Crab, Murder of Crows, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab

Exile:
Silent Departure, Silent Departure, Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist, Geistflame, Think Twice
==============================

=============================

Team B: 25

Mooseman:
Hand: 0

Library: 44
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Plains x4
(TTT) Island x3

(S) Lantern Spirit (2/1, Flying {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand. )
(S) Moon Heron (3/2, Flying ) * top of library?

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism, Divine Favor, Voiceless Spirit, Doomed Traveler, Lost in the Mist, Spectral Rider, Midnight Haunting

Exile:

Turgy22:
Hand: 1

Library: 30
Battlefield:

(TTTUU) Mountain x5
(TTTUUU) Swamp x6

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Graveyard: Stromkirk Patrol; Stromkirk Patrol; Markov Patrician; Vampiric Fury; Bloodcrazed Neonate; Fireball :(; Mountain; Blood Seeker; Swamp; Traveler's Amulet; Diabolic Tutor; Falkenrath Marauder; Traitorous Blood; Falkenrath Noble; Tribute to Hunger, ?, ?, ?, ?

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Cards milled (in order): Sengir Vampire, Mountain, Cobbled Wings, Swamp (so, no zombie for you)

Also, since you mentioned it, I have been a bit mana-flooded this game. I started with 5 lands in my opening hand and then drew lands for my next four turns.

No blocks or responses to your attack. We'll take the damage.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Moon Heron goes on top of Mooseman's library and you guys take 13 from the attack

Spidey sacs the Skeleton to the Disciple for a life
Spidey casts Hollowhenge Scavenger
Responses?
Team A: 15

Spidey:
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(T) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)
(S) Hollowhenge Scavenger (4/5; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, I gain 5 life)
Graveyard:
Rampant Growth, Demonmail Hauberk, Typhoid Rats, Disciple of Griselbrand,
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(UUTTT) Island x5

(T) Charmbreaker Devils (4/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +4/+0 until end of turn.) *with +4/0 until end of turn

(T) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Curse of the Bloody Tome (Enchantment – Aura Curse; At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.) ~Enchanting Turgy22

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Dream Twist (Instant, Target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Flashback 1U.)
Pitchburn Devils, Fortress Crab, Murder of Crows, Merfolk Mesmerist, Deranged Assistant, Armored Skaab

Exile:
Silent Departure, Silent Departure, Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist, Geistflame, Think Twice

Team B: 12

Mooseman:

Library: 45 (top is Moon Heron)
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Plains x4
(TTT) Island x3

(S) Lantern Spirit (2/1, Flying {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand. )

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism, Divine Favor, Voiceless Spirit, Doomed Traveler, Lost in the Mist, Spectral Rider, Midnight Haunting

Exile:

Turgy22:

Battlefield:

(TTTUU) Mountain x5
(TTTUUU) Swamp x6

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Graveyard: Stromkirk Patrol; Stromkirk Patrol; Markov Patrician; Vampiric Fury; Bloodcrazed Neonate; Fireball :(; Mountain; Blood Seeker; Swamp; Traveler's Amulet; Diabolic Tutor; Falkenrath Marauder; Traitorous Blood; Falkenrath Noble; Tribute to Hunger, Sengir Vampire, Mountain, Cobbled Wings, Swamp

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We gain 5 from the Morbid.

Done

Team A: 20

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5

(S)Hollowhenge Scavenger (4/5; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, I gain 5 life)

Graveyard:
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(UUTTT) Island x5

(T) Charmbreaker Devils (4/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +4/+0 until end of turn.)

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Flashback 1U.)

Exile:

Mooseman:

Library: 45 (top is Moon Heron)
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Plains x4
(TTT) Island x3

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(TTTUU) Mountain x5
(TTTUUU) Swamp x6

Graveyard: Stromkirk Patrol; Stromkirk Patrol; Markov Patrician; Vampiric Fury; Bloodcrazed Neonate; Fireball :(; Mountain; Blood Seeker; Swamp; Traveler's Amulet; Diabolic Tutor; Falkenrath Marauder; Traitorous Blood; Falkenrath Noble; Tribute to Hunger, Sengir Vampire, Mountain, Cobbled Wings, Swamp

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
BTW, my hand size should be zero. I thought I had another land in it, but I just noticed that I played it at the beginning of my last turn.

I'll have our turn posted after I hear from Mooseman.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap.
Upkeep - I lose Crossway Vampire and Swamp.
Draw.

Mooseman attacks with Lantern Spirit.
Response?

Team A: 20

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5

(S)Hollowhenge Scavenger (4/5; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, I gain 5 life)

Graveyard:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(UUTTT) Island x5

(T) Charmbreaker Devils (4/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +4/+0 until end of turn.)

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Flashback 1U.)

Exile:

Mooseman:

Battlefield:

(UUUU) Plains x4
(UUU) Island x3

(T,A) Lantern Spirit (2/1, Flying {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand. )

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Library: 26

Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Mountain x5
(UUUUUU) Swamp x6

Graveyard: Stromkirk Patrol; Stromkirk Patrol; Markov Patrician; Vampiric Fury; Bloodcrazed Neonate; Fireball :(; Mountain; Blood Seeker; Swamp; Traveler's Amulet; Diabolic Tutor; Falkenrath Marauder; Traitorous Blood; Falkenrath Noble; Tribute to Hunger; Sengir Vampire; Mountain; Cobbled Wings; Swamp; Crossway Vampire; Swamp

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
2 to you. Spirit gets a counter. Mooseman casts Moon Heron. I cast Bloodcrazed Neonate.
Done.

Team A: 18

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5

Graveyard:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(UUTTT) Island x5

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Flashback 1U.)

Exile:

Mooseman:

Battlefield:

(TTTU) Plains x4
(TUU) Island x3

(T) Lantern Spirit (3/2, Flying {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand. ) ~+1/+1 counter~
(S) Moon Heron (3/2, Flying)

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:

Battlefield:

(TUUUU) Mountain x5
(TUUUUU) Swamp x6

Bloodcrazed Neonate (2/1; Attacks each turn if able; Whenever Bloodcrazed Neonate deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Graveyard: Stromkirk Patrol; Stromkirk Patrol; Markov Patrician; Vampiric Fury; Bloodcrazed Neonate; Fireball :(; Mountain; Blood Seeker; Swamp; Traveler's Amulet; Diabolic Tutor; Falkenrath Marauder; Traitorous Blood; Falkenrath Noble; Tribute to Hunger; Sengir Vampire; Mountain; Cobbled Wings; Swamp; Crossway Vampire; Swamp

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Sorry for making you guys wait. I'm moving out of country for a job next week and have been busy with preparations.​
At eot, Spidey returns the skeletons.​
Untap, Upkeep (Devils return Grasp of Phantoms (which I forgot to add to the graveyard in post #163) to hand), Draw.​
I play an Island and cast 2 Grasps of Phantom on each of Mooaseman's creatures. I flashback Dream Twist and use Burning Vengeance to kill turgy's vampire. We attack with the skeletons, banshee, Hollowhenge Scavenger, and Charmbreaker Devils (currently with +16/0.)​
Unless I screwed up or missed something... I believe that's it.​

Team A: 18

Spidey:
Library: 41
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

(T)Hollowhenge Scavenger (4/5; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, I gain 5 life)
(T)Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:

boogiepop:
Library: 22
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Mountain x5
(TTTTTT) Island x6

(T) Charmbreaker Devils (4/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, return an instant or sorcery card at random from your graveyard to your hand. Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +4/+0 until end of turn.) currently +16/0

(U) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Graveyard:
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)
Island, Mountain

Exile:
Silent Departure, Silent Departure, Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist, Geistflame, Think Twice, Dream Twist

Mooseman:

Battlefield:

(TTTU) Plains x4
(TUU) Island x3

(T) Lantern Spirit (3/2, Flying {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand. ) ~+1/+1 counter~ returned to hand?
(S) Moon Heron (3/2, Flying) returned to hand?

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:

Battlefield:

(TUUUU) Mountain x5
(TUUUUU) Swamp x6

Bloodcrazed Neonate (2/1; Attacks each turn if able; Whenever Bloodcrazed Neonate deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) sent to graveyard?

Exile:

B

boogiepop

Yeah, I'm sure how long it will take to get my internet set up. I'll be around until Monday night though.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yup, it's over. Good game, gentleman.

To be honest, this one's been over since my Fireball landed in the graveyard. Our only chance was to outrace you guys, but once your graveyards were powered up, we had no chance to keep the pressure on. Of course, my drawing four lands to start the game probably didn't help much, either.