WWYT w/a twist?

E

EricBess

True, but coming up with a list of 5...Not something you usually think of, I guess.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, without looking it up (which I didn't do), I got slightly confused on molecules, atoms and elements. :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So technically, if we're using a real textbook definition of "molecule" and splitting hairs, only one of you answered the prompt correctly. The good news (for everyone except Rokapoke) is that this game isn't scored based on that fact...

Sodium chloride: 4
Oxygen: 3
Carbon dioxide: 3
Ozone: 2
Hydrochloric acid: 2
Ammonia: 2
Hydrogen: 2
Diamond: 2

One-point answers: Carbon monoxide, benzene, hydrochloride, helium, carbon, sulfur, oil, nitrogen, methane, water.

Here's where I pretend to have deduced how scoring works. I forget if there's a thread for it, but I honestly don't remember (or never actually knew to begin with) how scoring works...

EricBess: 13 (5)
Turgy22: 13 (5)
Mooseman: 12 (2)
DarthFerret: 11 (1)
Rokapoke: 9
Spiderman: 6

Try to double-check that, as I'm not actually sure I understand how scoring works. Also, in the event that I did it incorrectly, I will change the subject to the fact that Spiderman put "oil" as one of his answers.

Total scores (maybe):

EricBess: 10
Turgy22: 10
Oversoul: 7
Spiderman: 5
Mooseman: 2
Rokapoke: 2
DarthFerret: 1

turgy22

Nothing Special
So what's the technical definition of a molecule?

Also, who goes next? Me or EB?

EDIT: Also, who put water?

E

EricBess

Mooseman put water. I only know because he also sent his PM to me instead of Oversoul ;). But aside from that, he did very well...Fortunately, I had already sent my response. Since I matched his other 4 answers, I would have accused myself of cheating had I not already sent mine :D.

As for who goes next, since we both received 5 points in this question and since we are tied at 10 points each overall, then Oversoul gets to choose which of us goes next.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So what's the technical definition of a molecule?
Most chemistry textbooks define a molecule as a definite arrangement of two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds. I won't bore everyone with the details of what counts as covalent bonds, but the "wrong" answer most people gave was sodium chloride, which is a famous example of an ionic compound. Not an unforgivable mistake, of course.

I didn't know how to decide who chooses the next category, so I flipped a coin, of course. EricBess, you're up next.

E

EricBess

Okay, my turn again. Now you get a taste of how things happen in my family because I threw it out there for suggestions on a new category and here is what we came up with :D:

List 5 reasons why you might get pulled over by a police officer

PM me your answers by the end of the day next Monday.

E

EricBess

I've only received 3 responses, so I'm going to extend the due date until tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are people who are going to be out beyond that?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oops, yeah, I couldn't think of five things off the top of my head and then I forgot about this. I'll get some answers by tomorrow.

E

EricBess

Looks like the reminder was helpful. I have received responses from all 6 now, so here goes:

Speeding - 6
Running a red light - 5
Erratic Driving - 5
Tail Light Out - 5
Running a stop sign - 4
Expired tags - 3

Only a couple of one-point answers this time: Profiling, Fleeing the Scene

Turgy actually put "profiling" as well (he put "being black" :D), but it was his 6th response, so he said not to include that one. Looks like Spiderman is the only one that has ever had to flee a scene :D.

Also - A couple of people tried to combine answers, but "Running a red light" and "Running a stop sign" were clearly two different things, so I had to group where the clearest response was based on the wording sent to me. A couple of people pointed out that you don't get "pulled over" for a "DUI", but rather for erratic or reckless driving which might result in a DUI.

Mooseman - 25 (5)
Oversoul - 23 (2)
rokapoke - 23 (2)
spiderman - 22
DarthFerret - 20

Totals:

Turgy22: 15
EricBess: 10
Oversoul: 9
Mooseman: 7
Spiderman: 5
Rokapoke: 4
DarthFerret: 1

So, between Turgy and Mooseman, Turgy has the most points overall, so turgy - you are up again for the next category.

R

rokapoke

I think that was a good category, EB. Truth be told, though, I had to ask my wife to get a 5th answer. Turns out her suggestion of broken taillight was better than my expired registration. She'll be so proud.

E

EricBess

I think that was a good category, EB. Truth be told, though, I had to ask my wife to get a 5th answer. Turns out her suggestion of broken taillight was better than my expired registration. She'll be so proud.
My family is the same way. They always want to help out with my responses and then they keep bugging me about whether the results have been posted yet. ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was actually pulled over for the little lights that illuminate the license plate being out, although I wasn't informed that this was the reason I was pulled over until I was accused of basically everything else. I figured this wasn't a very common occurrence though, so I went with those other things instead. Good thing I did.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Excluding blades, list 5 tools you might find on a Swiss Army Knife.

Answers are due by the end of next week, or sooner, if I get six answers before then.