WWYT w/a twist?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I can't believe no one else put 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Anyway, I've been out of town the past two days. I'll post a topic tomorrow.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was considering 2 Girls 1 Cup, but thought others probably wouldn't know that one. Oh well, it would only have further solidified your victory in that round. The sad thing is that Spiderman (who apparently used Google to make his selections) beat me even though I've heard of all of the memes everyone used except for "Oolong the Pancake Rabbit." I contend, though, that "The Flying Spaghetti Monster" isn't a meme, but a rhetorical device and that Charlie isn't a meme, but a cartoon (I suppose people annoyingly quoting the unicorns from the videos is a meme, although that could be said of anything people tend to mindlessly quote).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The sad thing is that Spiderman (who apparently used Google to make his selections)...
I'm sorry to say, yes, I did, because I really had no idea what a meme was or what might be the top viral videos or whatever, because I don't watch any of that stuff. I've *heard* of some of that stuff, like Rickrolling and All Your Base Belong To Us, but would not have really thought to put them for this. So I had to look these guys up.

E

EricBess

Oversoul - I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster started that way, but I'm pretty sure it's gotten to meme status by now based on the odd places I've seen it pop up. I don't know enough about Charlie, but I did see where Luigi has become a meme, along the lines of Pedobear, where he pops up in images where something awkward is going on (but a different context than the bear).

For those who don't know what 2 girls 1 cups is - that's the one I wish I hadn't been introduced to. No, I didn't look up the actual video, but I read about it and that was more than enough to make me sick. I don't recommend anyone research that, but since now I've basically guarenteed that you will, it has to do with people eating very disgusting things. The "meme" is basically that everyone is told to record and post their reaction to watching it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, I'm basically on the same page for the 2 Girls 1 Cup thing. I read about it somewhere, looked it up, found the reaction videos and then found the original video (and maybe watched about 10 seconds before I knew I had seen enough). But I've seen it referenced in enough mainstream media sources that I thought it would be more popular. Perhaps I'm just the only one here who can type out "2 Girls 1 Cup" without feeling nauseous. Well, not too nauseous.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I've gotten responses so far from EricBess, rokapoke, Mooseman and Oversoul. I'll accept answers through the end of the day on Monday.

And in case anyone is confused by the question, an animal is a multicellular organism which consumes other organisms for sustenance and belongs to the biological kingdom of animalia. A pet is a domesticated animal kept in one's home for enjoyment and/or companionship.

E

EricBess

And in case anyone is confused by the question, an animal is a multicellular organism which consumes other organisms for sustenance and belongs to the biological kingdom of animalia. A pet is a domesticated animal kept in one's home for enjoyment and/or companionship.
OH...I misunderstood...can I change my answer? ;) (j/k)

turgy22

Nothing Special
No.

But that would explain why your answers were: Golf, Saturn, Turnip, Bob Hope, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Oops... I shouldn't have given those away. :oops: Especially since turnips make such great pets.

E

EricBess

Well, I can always hope that now that you have posted my answers, everyone else will copy me ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Answers for Round 2:

Bird - 5
Fish - 5
Hamster - 4
Rabbit - 2
Ferret - 2
Snake - 2

One-point answers included gerbil, mouse, lizard, rat and potbellied pig.

Scores for the round:
Oversoul - 18 (5)
EricBess - 18 (5)
Spiderman - 17 (2)
Rokapoke - 16 (1)
Mooseman - 14

Total scores so far:
Oversoul - 7
EricBess - 5
turgy22 - 5
Spiderman - 5
rokapoke - 2
Mooseman - 0
DarthFerret - 0

Oversoul, having won the round (tied with EB) and having more overall points than EB, will be hosting the next round.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I still only have answers from EB, Turgy, and DF. Probably because Christmas is coming up and most of you are busy. Understandable, so this should wait a bit longer—except for Spiderman.