WWYT (October 2010)

T

train

I knew 4 artists from memory, had to look for a 5th. It's been a long time since artists and flavor text were top of my reasons for collection - but they used to be...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Answers are due today. I only have four entries right now (Spiderman, rokapoke, EricBess, Mooseman).

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 7 Results

Only five responses this week. Either some people have given up or the Simpsons isn't as popular as I surmised.

Top answers this round:

Ned Flanders - 5
Charles Montgomery Burns (aka Mr. Burns) - 4
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon - 3
Krusty the Clown - 3
Waylon Smithers - 2
Itchy - 2
Scratchy - 2

1-point answers included Moe Szyslak, Ralph Wiggum, Milhouse Van Houten and Nelson Muntz.

EricBess and Mooseman tied for the top spot, with 16 points a piece. Rokapoke only mustered up enough points for fourth place, so the game will last at least one more round.

Results
Mooseman - 16 (5)
EricBess - 16 (5)
Spiderman - 15 (2)
Rokapoke - 14 (1)
DarthFerret - 14 (1)

Standings
Rokapoke - 23
Spiderman - 19
EricBess - 18
Mooseman - 14
DarthFerret - 13
Train - 12
Modus Pwnens - 3

Rokapoke remains the only player within striking distance of the win, but with another bad round, Spidey and EB could get in position to jump him.

Feel free to discuss the results. The next topic will be posted on Monday.

R

rokapoke

More people said Itchy and Scratchy than Ralph or Milhouse? This is just wrong.

E

EricBess

LOL - I've never even watched The Simpsons. Now that you specifically call him out, I know who Millhouse is, but I have no idea who Ralph is. This is one where I had to use a list. Mr. Burns and Krusty were the only ones I got off the top of my head. Looking over the list, the only one that I "knew" was Ned Flanders. I wouldn't have thought of Itchy and Scratchy on my own, but when I saw them on the list, at least I recognized who they were and my thinking was that if you put one, you will put the other, so it was boom or bust. I took a chance and apparently it paid off since Mooseman put them both, also.

Even now, looking of the "well-knowns", I have no idea who Apu, Ralph, or Nelson are.

R

rokapoke

Never watched The Simpsons? You, my friend, are living half a life. Or less.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No one put the bartender Moe but me? You people aren't big enough lushes.....

I was going to put Sideshow Bob, but thought that no one else would put him... looks like I was right.

Nelson? Is that the bully kid that laughs?

Millhouse, totally forgot about that kid.

Apu is the Kiwki Mart owner, so stereotypical that even my friend from India laughs at him.......

E

EricBess

Actually, it was DF that put Itchy and Scratchy. Mooseman had the top four answers, plus Moe.
Ah...IC...My math was off - I was thinking you needed 2 2-point answers for 16 points, but somehow I missed that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought this was a great question because it was so open-ended. I put Nelson down, but all of them were great choices.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Topic #8
And possibly the final round... again...

Name 5 words / things associated with Thanksgiving.

(Note: The words "thanks" "giving" and "Thanksgiving" are not acceptable.)

R

rokapoke

Sent mine in...

Now I just have to sit back and wait with my fingers crossed, hoping I came up with the right words/things!

Of course, it's much harder with Turgy outlawing my top three answers!

D

DarthFerret

Sent mine in. Even though I am so far behind it does not matter.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll be off work for the rest of the week. Answers and scores will be posted on Monday. Please have all answers in before then.

Thanks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 8 Results

Top answers this round:

Turkey - 6
Family - 4
Pilgrim - 3
Football - 3
Pumpkin Pie - 2

1-point answers included Food, Feast, Stuffing, Dressing, Yam, Cranberry, Pumpkin, Pie, Cornucopia, Indians, Friends and Black Friday.

Results
Rokapoke - 16 (5)
DarthFerret - 16 (5)
EricBess - 15 (2)
Spiderman - 15 (2)
Mooseman - 12
train - 12

And the winner is... Rokapoke!

Standings
Rokapoke - 28 (Winner!)
Spiderman - 21
EricBess - 20
DarthFerret - 18
Mooseman - 14
Train - 12
Modus Pwnens - 3

EricBess and Spiderman finally get close enough to win, but rokapoke soared past the finish line with a 5-point round. Thanks, everyone, for playing and congratulations to rokapoke for winning.

R

rokapoke

Hey, thanks for letting me be so generic!

This was definitely a fun game -- I liked how so few of the rounds involved any kind of internet research; just about everything could be off the top of your head.

Well run, turgy22!

turgy22

Nothing Special
I liked how so few of the rounds involved any kind of internet research; just about everything could be off the top of your head.
Yeah, that's the real trick to making the game run smoothly. You want categories that have answers that everyone knows, but where there aren't more than one or two "obvious" answers.