WWYT (October 2010)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 3 Results

Results were quite interesting for this round...

Mediterranean Sea - 4
Lake Michigan - 3
Gulf of Mexico - 3
Lake Erie - 2
Lake Huron - 2
Lake Superior - 2
Lake Ontario - 2
Great Lakes - 2
Black Sea - 2
Red Sea - 2

1-point answers included Great Salt Lake, Mississippi River, Amazon River, Sea of Japan, Dead Sea and the English Channel.

Train failed to submit any answers, so we only had 6 players participating this round. Rokapoke and DarthFerret both went with the "name the Great Lakes" strategy and had moderate success, with no 1-point answers, but also missing on two of the top answers. I also wrangled with how to score "Great Lakes" compared to the individual Great Lakes, but ultimately decided they should just count as separate answers.

Results
Spiderman - 13 (5)
Mooseman - 12 (3)
DarthFerret - 11 (2)
Rokapoke - 11 (2)
Modus Pwnens - 11 (2)
EricBess - 10

Spiderman takes the round with a whopping 13 points. Everyone else scores (including Modus, who's finally on the board) except EricBess who actually gave rivers some credit as being bodies of water.

Standings
Rokapoke - 12
Spiderman - 10
Train - 7
DarthFerret - 7
Mooseman - 4
EricBess - 2
Modus Pwnens - 2

Feel free to discuss the results. The next topic will be posted on Monday.

E

EricBess

Once again, had I gone with my other strategy...I was debating putting a couple more of the great lakes instead of the rivers, which would have given rokapoke and DF each 2 more points, but would have given me 14 points...Oh well. 20/20 hindsite.

D

DarthFerret

If I don't stop tying up with Roke, he is gonna win out over me. The Great Lakes, I figured, would be the more popular answer, them being in the US...I had entertained Salt Lake but discarded it as there are 5 great lakes and only 5 answers..

R

rokapoke

Yeah, I had thought about the Caribbean and Mediterranean Seas, but I also liked the synergy of 5 Great Lakes for the 5 answers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! I just went with the ones I could think of off the top of my head and only at the last thought of the Great Lakes... which I went as a general answer and didn't name each specific one.

I also wrangled with how to score "Great Lakes" compared to the individual Great Lakes, but ultimately decided they should just count as separate answers.
I think that's the correct thing to do once people started putting down individual Lakes. If someone had put down just one Lake or just one person said "Great Lakes", you could have combined them, although probably they *still* should have counted for separate, but you're just being nice that way :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Bump for those who have not yet submitted answers. They must be in by the end of the day tomorrow.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 4 Results

Cujo - 5
Carrie - 5
The Shining - 4
It - 4
Pet Semetary - 3
Firestarter - 2
The Dark Tower - 2
The Stand - 2

1-point answers included Tommyknockers, Misery and The Green Mile.

EricBess won the round by hitting on the top four answers, though he missed Pet Semetary at #5. Everyone else scored except Modus Pwnens and train, who didn't submit answers again.

Results
EricBess - 20 (5)
Rokapoke - 19 (3)
Mooseman - 17 (2)
Spiderman - 17 (2)
DarthFerret - 17 (2)
Modus Pwnens - 16

Standings
Rokapoke - 15
Spiderman - 12
DarthFerret - 9
Train - 7
EricBess - 7
Mooseman - 6
Modus Pwnens - 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, It was the one I was thinking of with the clown. I put down Tommyknockers because I didn't want to look it up :)

R

rokapoke

I was trying to think of all the movies, figuring that is what people would recognize (and therefore put down in their answers). Of course, after I submitted, I realized that I wished I had put down Firestarter. And then later that night I saw something about The Shining and I was kicking myself. But I'm not complaining, since I still have a solid overall lead.

E

EricBess

Woot woot...apparently you don't need to be a King fan. I actually switched "Pet Cemetary" for "It" at the last minute, but it would have been the same. Guess I should have swapped out "Firestarter" instead, but I figured that would be more popular.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Topic #5
Name 5 things (excluding fixtures) that you might find in a bathroom.

To clarify, a fixture is anything that you can't just pick up and remove from the bathroom, such as a sink, bathtub, toilet, vanity, etc. Do not list any such items.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Reminder that answers are due by the end of the day today. Results will be posted tomorrow.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 5 Results

Oh noes! We've lost another participant, so we only had five entries this time. On the positive side, everyone's a winner. :)

Top answers this round:

Toothbrush - 5
Soap - 4
Toothpaste - 4
Toilet Paper - 4
Shampoo - 2
Towel - 2

1-point answers included Razor, Plunger, Hairbrush, and Comb.

EricBess wins again by correctly naming the top four answers, plus a two-pointer. Spidey places second, also with the top four answers, but only a 1-point answer (comb) to round them out. (And to answer his question: a comb and a brush are two different things. Nice try, though.) Everyone else had 16 points, in a tie for third place.

Results
EricBess - 19 (5)
Spiderman - 18 (3)
Rokapoke - 16 (2)
Mooseman - 16 (2)
DarthFerret - 16 (2)

Standings
Rokapoke - 17
Spiderman - 15
EricBess - 12

DarthFerret - 11
Train - 7
Mooseman - 8
Modus Pwnens - 2

After two solid rounds, EB jumps to third in the overall standings, while rokapoke and Spiderman continue their steady climb to the top.