WWYT (October 2010)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Topic #6
Name 5 artists who have had their work featured on a card for Magic: the Gathering.

E

EricBess

lol Spidey...Just remember, "old guys" doesn't necessarily mean bald. But you put "comb", so I guess you know that. I came up with 3 or 4 right off, but I asked my kids what they would have put also. I don't remember whether "Shampoo" was one of mine or if my daughter suggested it. She did tell me not to put "toothbrush" because it's not something that gets replaced frequently. Glad I didn't listen to her on that one.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I know you old guys have to comb your hair, just thought it would be more "important" than actually shampooing it :) Not sure what "replacing" has to do with the question though - everyone should be brushing their teeth :)

E

EricBess

Not sure what "replacing" has to do with the question though - everyone should be brushing their teeth :)
My daughter's logic was that if you have to replace it frequently, you are more likely to think about it, thus a more common answer.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
TP? Were all you guys sittin on the can when you did this....
And no Razor? Do all you guys use Nair? A bunch of girly men?
I can never get that last good answer......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess: I was going by what you do most in there.

Mooseman: See above for why TP was there :D LOL at the razor comment though.

D

DarthFerret

Not sure about train, but I prefer not to think of pro wrestlers and thier hygene at all! :D

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 6 Results

Well, this round was about as crazy as I expected. After the first few responses, I was worried we'd end up with a 7-way tie, with every player earning 5 points, but eventually there were enough responses to get some separation. I did receive 22 unique answers (out of a possible 35) and all but two players had at least one 1-point answer.

Top answers this round:

Rebecca Guay - 3
Christopher Rush - 3
Mark Tedin - 3
Kev Walker - 2
Quinton Hoover - 2
Jesper Myrfors - 2
Douglas Shuler - 2
Anson Maddocks - 2
rk post - 2
Ron Spencer - 2

1-point answers included Melissa Benson, Ben Thompson, Mark Rosewater, Ed Beard, Eric Deschamps, Stuart Griffin, John Avon, Rob Alexander, Terese Nielsen, Dan Frazier, Mark Poole and Phil Foglio.

Rokapoke and train tie for the top spot, both managing to avoid any 1-point answers, with 12 points each. Spiderman slides into third with 11 points. And everyone else tied for fourth with 8 points a piece. Another round where everyone scores!

Results
Rokapoke - 12 (5)
Train - 12 (5)
Spiderman - 11 (2)
Mooseman - 8 (1)
DarthFerret - 8 (1)
EricBess - 8 (1)
Modus Pwnens - 8 (1)

Standings
Rokapoke - 22
Spiderman - 17
EricBess - 13
DarthFerret - 12
Train - 12
Mooseman - 9
Modus Pwnens - 3

Rokapoke has elevated himself into position to win next round, if he can score three or more points. Spiderman is two rounds away and everyone else is going to need a lot of help to catch up.

Feel free to discuss the results. The next topic will be posted on Monday.

R

rokapoke

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I could only actually think of one name off the top of my head. For the rest, I checked out the Wikipedia entry on Magic artists.

Did anybody actually know 5 artists without checking either cards or the internet?

E

EricBess

I did it off the top of my head, but I ended up with two that I was pretty sure no one else would put because of it. I worked with Ben Thompson at Upper Deck and he signed a couple of copies of Volcanic Hammer for me, but he isn't really well-known. I put Mark Rosewater hoping someone else would go for the novelty of it. I am a bit surprised no one else put Melissa Benson. I guess I was going old-school. But looking over the list, I don't see any names that weren't very reasonable answers.

D

DarthFerret

I did most of them off the top of my head. Most of mine were artists that did the original art for the lands. Then of course my favortie, Quinton Hoover!

M

Modus Pwnens

I knew plenty from the top of my head, but had to pick just 5 :p
Briefly considered Mark Rosewater as well, but I wasn't sure any of you would know that, let alone put him on the list.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Topic #7
And possibly the final round...

Name 5 characters from The Simpsons that are NOT members of the Simpson family.