WWYT (October 2010)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm going to try to keep this entire game in one thread. Topics will be posted Monday, results will be posted Friday (so have your answers in by Thursday). A reminder that everyone should send their answers directly to me.

DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD.

Anyone can play and everyone who sends me a list of answers will get them scored. Players can jump in and out at any time, so if you miss a round, you can just catch the next one.

Here's how the scoring works, courtesy of EricBess:
EricBess said:
Each response given is worth 1 point times the number of people that gave that response. So, if 5 people gave the same answer, that answer is worth 5 points...towards winning the round (not the game). Whoever gets the most round points gets 5 match points, then 3, 2, 1 for the next 3. Ties get full value, but skip the next positions. For example, if 2 people tie for the most round points, they each get 5 match points and the next person gets 2 (not 3) points. I think we usually play to about 25 points.
We will be playing to 25 points. If two people pass that number in the same round, the highest total score will win. If there's a tie at that point, we'll keep playing until it's broken.

Let me know if you have any questions.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 1 Results

I think my first topic had a few too many "obvious" answers. I tried to come up with something that was more relevant to the CPA community, but perhaps wasn't the best topic to use for this. I'll try to make sure future topics have the opportunity to yield a better spread of answers.

Magic: The Gathering - 7
Werewolf - 7
What Were You Thinking - 6
Dungeons & Dragons - 5
Warhammer - 4
Tribond - 2

1-point answers included I Never, Balderdash, Risk and Chess.

Three players all replied with the top five answers and, oddly enough, none of the players currently involved in the Warhammer Quest game actually replied with Warhammer.

Results / Standings
Train - 29 (5)
Rokapoke - 29 (5)
DarthFerret - 29 (5)
Mooseman - 26 (1)
Modus Pwnens - 24
Spiderman - 23
EricBess - 23

Feel free to discuss the results. The next topic will be posted on Monday.

R

rokapoke

I actually spent some time thinking about whether Warhammer and D&D would actually be considered different games. Glad I decided against it, because I almost put Risk down instead of Warhammer.

E

EricBess

Spidey - I think this must mean that we should be retired from running games around here. We're just too out of touch with this young crowd ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess: Word.

I wasn't thinking Warhammer because only four people are playing it and I th0ught the people who weren't playing it wouldn't put it :)

I've never seen chess played on the forum... wait, maybe there was that one game. But it was a LONG time ago....

turgy22

Nothing Special
Round 2 Results

I saw a good mix of answers with the candy bar topic. Everyone said Snickers, but that was apparently the only "obvious" answer.

Snickers - 7
Milky Way - 6
3 Musketeers - 5
Hershey's Bar - 3
Whatchamacallit - 2
Kit Kat - 2
Baby Ruth - 2

1-point answers included Mr. Goodbar, Nestle's Crunch, Butterfinger, Mars, Bounty, Twix, Reece's Peanut Butter Cup, and Payday.

Spiderman and rokapoke tied for the top spot, both correctly identifying the top four answers and scoring a 2-point answer each. Everyone else had at least one 1-point answer.

Results
Rokapoke - 23 (5)
Spiderman - 23 (5)
Train - 21 (2)
EricBess - 21 (2)
DarthFerret - 18
Mooseman - 17
Modus Pwnens - 16

And after two rounds, everyone is on the board... except Modus :(.

Standings
Rokapoke - 10
Train - 7
DarthFerret - 5
Spiderman - 5
EricBess - 2
Mooseman - 1
Modus Pwnens - 0

Feel free to discuss the results. The next topic will be posted on Monday.

E

EricBess

Points is points. And I was this close to putting "hershey" over "butterfinger"...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Topic #3
Name 5 non-ocean bodies of water.

I'm looking for proper names here, such as "Pacific Ocean". Except your answers can't include any oceans.