Zoo deck

• Thread starter Jareth, Goblin King
  • Start date
J

Jareth, Goblin King

This is a mongrel deck that I am prepareing for extended. Not sure how it will work since it is three colors.

Creatures
4 Lanawar elves
3 Wild mogrel
3 Patrol hound
2 Tireless tribe
4 Arrogant Wurm
4 Basking Rootwalla
4 Wonder
3 Anurid Brushhopper
1 Glory
1 Genesis

Spells
4 Roar of the Wurm
4 Rampant Growth

Enchanments
4 Armadillo Cloak

Lands
9 Forest
9 Plains
3 islands

Sideboard( In progress of making)
4 disenchant
2 Sabertooh Nishoba

M

mythosx

I might be rusty on the cards....but what do you actually need the islands for?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wonder is blue, but why do you have 4 in there and 3 Islands?
Do you really plan on casting it very often?
This seems to be a W/G deck with Wonder thrown in.
Why not use the dual lands to get the blue, if you think you'll cast Wonder?

L

Limited

I doubt he'll ever cast wonder; it'll probably get discarded immediately. And I think adding another island isn't necessary. You don't want to be colorscrewed in the beginning, but its okay if your creature don't take to the sky immediately.

That said, its not really a zoo deck.. its missing Red for creature like Kird Ape and the burn spells (that clear the way for your cheap & efficient creatures).

I think you are better of turning this into a UG Madness deck...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
That said, its not really a zoo deck.. its missing Red for creature like Kird Ape and the burn spells (that clear the way for your cheap & efficient creatures).

+1

Tag Guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
I doubt he'll ever cast wonder; it'll probably get discarded immediately. And I think adding another island isn't necessary. You don't want to be colorscrewed in the beginning, but its okay if your creature don't take to the sky immediately.

What is the "adding another Island" all about?

What is a zoo deck?

I guess the bigger question is, what can be done to this deck to make it better?
More madness? No madness?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Zoo is a R/W/G deck that runs cheaply costed mid-size creatures and burn to kill an opponent early. The damage race begins on turn one, typically with a Kird Ape or Savannah Lion.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
What is the "adding another Island" all about?

What is a zoo deck?

I guess the bigger question is, what can be done to this deck to make it better?
More madness? No madness?
I thought you were complaining that a deck with 4x Wonder was only packing 3 Islands. Remember that your creatures only have flying if you control an island.

And Ransac has accurately described a Zoo deck. Staple cards are Kird Ape, Watch Wolf and Char.

Improving this deck is simple: either make it a Zoo deck (substituting Blue for Red, Wonders for Burn) or turn it into a UG Madness deck (dropping the White cards for stuff like Circular Logic and Deep Analysis).

J

Jareth, Goblin King

This deck idea was nothing serious. I just wanted to see if I took decent G/W deck and put in four Wonders,to give all my creatures flying, how it would fair. Sadly it has been a poor performance :( So I think I am going to go and turn it b/g maddness. Also Zoo deck was not my idea. I needed something to call it and my girl-friend said "Well it has a lot of animals, call it your zoo deck." :mad: I shall know have to punish her in kinky ways for this emberassment :D . Thanks for all the suggestions

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jareth said:
"Well it has a lot of animals, call it your zoo deck."
Well, that is how the original Zoo deck got its name (it had a lot of animals too). It's just someone beat your girlfriend to that dorky idea...

Tag Guard

T

train

Not sure if you knew the old rules for madness - but make sure you don't play by them... And if b/g madness is too much for it overall - just go G stompy...