zombie death deck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Rituals should be fairly cheap - a lot were printed before WOTC decided not to go with them anymore.

L

Limited

Revan said:
He uses Merregrim? I think that is how it is spelled to make me pay two life for each discard. He uses a TON of discard cards and creatures with that ability. The other deck he's been doing pretty well with is a green/red land destruction. He uses thorn elementals and tons of equipment on that deck. Sorry I can't elucidate more on the specifics. Thanks again.
Megrim.. it an enchantment, and Black isn't very good at removing those.. What you could do is drop all higher casting cost cards and try to make the deck as speedy as possible, so your hand will be empty before he can get his discard going. This will also make you less vulnerable to landdestruction.

So..
4x Dark Ritual
4x Sarcomancy
4x Carnophage
4x Wretched Anurid
4x Rotting Giant
.. stuff like that

If you really want to deter him from playing with discard, you could try to get your hands on a couple of Mangara's Blessings.. Or Dodecapods, Sand Golem, Metrognomes.. Not really in the zombie theme, but it would get the point across.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You could use Nevinyrral's Disk... that gets rid of enchantments, plus a creature sweeper... and if your zombies have regeneration, so much the better :)

D

DarthFerret

Nuts to you Spidey for mentioning that most hated nemesis of mine --- The Evil Disk!

Many of my squirrels and Saprolings have fallen to it...

In reality, that is about the best enchantment solution for black. A play tip is, use it as a bluff....play it, even if you don't intend to use it....will scare just about anyone into holding back a few critters, and mana, giving them less options in thier hand.

R

Revan

Can you guys help me logic out something to my very, very illogical opponent? He says that sacrificing is the same as a creature being destroyed and he can use regenerators. Now I have explained that( since call to the grave is pretty nice in this deck) creatures are only protected from DAMAGE and DESTRUCTION by regeneration. Sacrificing means just that...it's goone baby! He still says that he can keep regenerator creatures out after sacrificing it. Is there some link or something where I can show him plainly that not only is this logical; its a rule? Thanks again. I know this isnt the place for questions like this but it correlates to my deck. Thanks. :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's probably somewhere else too, but this is where I found it when I looked...

"G19.1a - To sacrifice a permanent, its controller moves it from the in-play zone directly to its owner's graveyard. A player can't sacrifice something that isn't a permanent, or something that's a permanent he or she doesn't control. If an effect instructs a player to sacrifice a permanent that he or she doesn't control, nothing happens. Sacrificing a permanent doesn't destroy it, so regeneration or other effects that replace destruction can't affect it. [CompRules 2003/07/01]"

R

Revan

Thanks guys for all the help so far! I'm getting a better understanding of the game( such as focusing a deck) and a hearth of new card names for me to copy, paste, and someday God willing buy. I have a question. I know it probably doesnt belong on this thread; but my opponenet has a card called Persecute. He says that I have to dump basic lands(i;e mountains,forests, etc) is this true? :) :confused: by the way, think Dwarven catapuuts, and all these new cards will just obliterate my "swarm" decks? Thanks again.

D

DarthFerret

No, it is not true. The wording on persecute is "Choose a color. Target player reveals his or her hand and discards all cards of that color."

Lands have no color, therefore are not targetable by this card. There are only 5 colors of magic. Artifacts and land are colorless, and therefore not affected by any type of color status. (And no comments about Laces Oversoul! <snicker>)

R

Revan

I just added/ removed a card. I kjnow it's only one card but would like someone's opinion. I took out 1 Swat and added one of my new cards that seems pretty devastating 1 x Cranial Extraction. thanks again for helping me out people!!! It's nice to have someoen in my corner when going against someoen with better cards. Thanks again my friends!

L

Limited

Revan said:
think Dwarven catapuuts, and all these new cards will just obliterate my "swarm" decks? Thanks again.
The catapult is a good card, but never really good, because has to be divided among all creatures. Very soon, your opponent doesn't have the many to deal each of your creatures an amount of damage equal to your 'toughest' creature.
So, if you diversify your toughnesi or just play a lot of creatures, you should be safe