ZeroTK at college!

Z

Zero T Katama

Zero here, reporting from college, and must say it is great! Down in Millegeville, GA, near Macon, at a college called Georgia College & State University. The dorms are nice, and my roommate is cool, we just finished a LAN game of D2. No Magic players yet, but it's only the end of the first day here. They WILL be found!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

does your college have a game room? It probably does. try scanning around in there, at least thats where me and my crew of magic players hang out. mmmm UMBC game room free popcorn.

D

DÛke

Ooo…sounds like fun!

Ahhh...first year at my state's University. It was unforgettable. Very...delicious. Still unforgettable.

Anyway.

If you're looking for Magic players, you should try game rooms, like Azreal suggested. Here we have a homosexual lounge, game rooms, "chat" rooms (with computers), "quite" rooms, "reading" rooms...(Nope, no mistake: we have a quite and a reading room. Yah. They're separated. The quite room is used mainly to pick up singles - it's used like a bar, with Vanilla Coke and Mountain Dew instead...)

Enjoy your experience. It will only get better.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're at college already this early in August? Either things have changed or your college/state is just... early :)

Hey Az, when do you guys hang out? My group is probably going to brak apart in September due to one guy moving away...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

We are usually in the game room around 10 -3 on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. I know I'll be there from 11-whenever this semester. We've also sent in a request to form a magic club, which if approved will give us about $500 to do drafts. If that happens we think we'll do the drafts on saturdays or late fridays.

"all hail Zadok, UMBC Magic club president:D "

T

train

500 to do drafts...

Try to addict the masses is all i can suggest...;)

Also - Letting WoTC know might get you something if you're the first recognized Collegiate Magic Club!!!....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So the 10-3 is when you just play MP (you guys don't have classes then? Geez... :) ) I'll have to see about the draft times, I might be able to make them every other week.

N

Nightstalkers

Mmm.... college.

Last time I was in a college they still had that black and white thing going on. Oh well.

Just stand up one day and proclaim your the worlds best magic player when there are a bunch of people in the Rec. Room.

Oh wait, thats how I got kicked out of my last pro tour...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Well I've got two 50 minute classes back to back starting at 9 on M,W,& F, then i'm free. so I'll get there at about 11 and stay until everyone else leaves.(one friday I think I was there until 7:30) Most of the others will come play for 1 or 2 hours, go to class, come back. except Matt. he graduated last fall, but since both his job and UMBC are in walking distance from his house, he's always there to play.

As for the money. we've got about 8 people, so drafts seem perfect. one of our guys Adam, works at wizards so he might be able to get some kind of discount, plus Zadok said that if you buy a case from a retailer, its usually around 500 bucks. and that seems pretty good. We could always post notices on the bulletin boards and have everyone who isn't a "founding" member of the club pay to draft, but thats up to our treasurer.

A

Apollo

Yay for a Zadok reference. :D

That will be me in a couple weeks--off to college on the 22nd. Yikes, that's soon. :eek:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Zadok is our president(in otherwords he's our figurehead. The treasurer really does all the work):D

T

train

Az...

It's not hard to put money into a wallet, and use a pencil to "cook" the books!!!...:p

"They have erasers because of Accountants..."

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
Zadok is our president(in otherwords he's our figurehead. The treasurer really does all the work):D
Well tell him we said "Heywhatsup..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it's a fluid sort of situation. At first I thought a group of you just stayed put.

Yeah, say hi to Zadok and I'll let you know if it's possible to join you guys when the time gets closer.

Z

Zhaneel

I leave the same day as Apollo.

I haven't played magic in a while, maybe i'll start up again... who knows.

Killer Joe

Yup, our first football game is next week. And THAT means it's COMMON DRAFT time! We'll start around 2:45 and play single elimination. The month of September will be 8th Edition common draft.

After the Mirrodin pre-release we'll do that set (commons only).

No one around here is brave enough to go hang out at CMU to play with THOSE guys. And, they actually play at a restaurant in the part of town called Oakland where the univerisites of Pittsburgh and Carnegie are. It's called "The Original Hotdog" or "The 'O'" for short.

Now, if I could only get my adminstartors to join us for a friendly multi-player game of .\\agic :rolleyes: .