Zendikar's Priceless Treasures... wow...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just confirmed on mtgsalvation's board:

Old, vintage cards (not reprints) are randomly being inserted into packs of Zendikar. Of the supposedly more than 90 cards being inserted, a couple of Moxes, Black Lotus, Ancestral Recall and some Duals are among those confirmed.

I am definitely buying some of this set.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, over 28 pages in 4 days. It's a hot topics...

I just read the first and last page, but it seems there has been official confirmation from WOTC... maybe something's on their website that's more easy to find that digging through all of those pages...

It'll get some people buying more Zendikar, that's for sure...

T

theorgg

AAARRRRGGGHHH!

I was planning on running a draft this Saturday for the few players on the campus, but now that this news has come up, boxes have jumpped to $130+ (about) $25 shipping!

People don't want to pay $20 to DRAFT! I thought $17.50 was going to be bad, but this is rediculous!

E

EricBess

Typical retailer, trying to gouge the system. Actually, this is a good example of what happens to the free market when the government (WotC) interferes :D

To be fair, though, you wouldn't have been able to draft anyway. Had they not been marked up that high, they would have been sold out instead.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I was thinking to get a box. 90 euro's plus a promo fake Wrath of God seemed like a good deal when you have a decent chance to get more than 2 fetchlands from the set. But as I don't really need the cards (not playing standard or extended anyway) I figured out that I just don't want to spend that much money on Magic. Throwing in old cards could make it a very good deal, but somehow it just pisses me off. It seems as if Wizards is trying too hard to make buying boxes worthwile. I guess they need the money. But by "printing" new vintage/legacy cards and fetches my cards are losing value. That sucks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How are they losing value? I don't think the market's getting flooded by them and who knows how many of those cards have been lost over the years... I think the value will stay the same at the worst and keep increasing if prices increase anyway.